Days Inn Port Angeles

1510 East Front Street, (formerly Portside Inn), Port Angeles, Washington, 98362, United States
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Port Angeles

Elwha River, near Port AngelesElwha River, near Port Angeles

Sunset, Port Angeles, WASunset, Port Angeles, WA

Dungeness General StoreDungeness General Store

Port Angeles at sunsetPort Angeles at sunset

port angeles worth seeing?

by bocmaxima

I've read that Port Angeles is more a gateway to Olympic Park than anything else. I'm going to Seattle in November, have always wanted to visit this place, and will have a car, but am not planning on doing too much in the actual park because of time constraints.
Is it worth it? Is it a nice town?

Also, I was thinking about driving around the whole peninsula before coming to Port Angeles. Is that worth it? Has anyone been to Neah Bay and can comment on it?

Thanks in advance.

RE: port angeles worth seeing?

by davidmg

Well, there's really not much to Port Angeles. Aside from being the gateway to Olympic National Park, there is not much to draw anyone there. It is also where one can get the ferry to Victoria, British Columbia, a 90-minute ride across the Strait of Juan de Fuca. In November, chances are that if you do decide to drive through the park, it may be raining most of the time and chilly. At that time of year, you take your chances with the weather. As for Neah Bay, again, not much to do there in November. It is a fishing village.

So, unless you are going to take the long drive around the peninsula or go to Olympic National Park or to Victoria, there is no compelling reason to visit Port Angeles.

Good luck!

by bocmaxima

Thanks for responding!
Well, in one day I plan to drive to Olympia (from Redmond) and check it out for a while, then up to Port Angeles, but I'm not sure whether to go around the peninsula or not.
Is Port Townsend nicer/more worth checking out?
I hadn't thought about Victoria. That might be nice. I went there when I was like 16, but just for the afternoon. Maybe I could drive to Port Angeles, catch the afternoon ferry, spend the night, then drive back and catch the later flight back out of Seattle (5:45), since the other flight leaves at 2:30.
What d'ya think??

by davidmg

Port Townsend is a much more interesting and charming place than Port Angeles. There is more to do and see, but, again, in November it will most likely be pretty wet. If you drive up along the Washington coast, it is very rugged and beautiful, whether in winter or summer. But, if you want to get out of the car and see some sights, I personally would probably go to Victoria. You can park in Port Angeles overnight and take the ferry. It is much less expensive than taking your car. I think there are several ferries a day each way, so if you plan it well, you can get to SeaTac in enough time for your flight. From Port Angeles, plan for a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive to the airport. For ferry informaiton you can go to www.cohoferry.com

by tahoesasha

I personally would make the round trip. It's a relaxing and reflective drive, esp with a little rain falling, and there are lots of scenic stops along the way. Neah Bay is worth the trip, but there is a bit of localism if you wander far off the beaten path.

by tahoesasha

That way you can also get the lay of the land for your next trip to the Olympics!!

Travel Tips for Port Angeles

I live in Port Angeles (PA),...

by bentcoastie

I live in Port Angeles (PA), WA. I will say it is a diecent place to live if you like the quiet life. Not a whole lot goes on here. There are a couple farmers markets and antique shops to visit and enjoy.

PA it a town that whats the tourst to stop and enjoy but they wont give them anything to enjoy. Sure there is all the are and sculptures make by local artest scattered through out down town. They do have a festival here and there but that is about it. Most of the people that come to PA just come through here on there way to Victoria, BC. or to the coast.

Port Angeles

by TrixieTrix

"Great place to visit!!!They have everything!!"

My husband and I were going backpacking at hurricane ridge so we went a day early to stay in Port Angeles. It was so fun i'm glad we did it. we stayed at the Flagstone motel right in town. It was very inexpensive. It was a little old fashioned like 80's decorated. But, very clean. They were friendly and they had a great pool. They have a dry sauna that was nice too. It's about two blocks from the Ferry to head to canada also. This town has everything mountains, ocean, and a city atmosphere. There were all kinds of uniqe shops and resaraunts. I would reccomend this trip to any one. My husband and I like it so much were going to check into moving there.

Comments