Port Angeles Hotels

Our Members Say

• goodfish profile photo goodfish
  • Reviews: 1167

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Royal Victorian Motel

We chose this motel for the price, amenities and decent reviews on Trip Advisor. It's right on the main drag and nothing fancy but the rooms are large, very clean and came with a refrigerator and microwave for $75. They said they had trouble with people ripping off hairdryers and coffeemakers so you have to check them out at office but they're free. Breakfast is minimal - coffee, tea, and a tray of bananas, granola bars and pastries on the desk in the office - but enough to get you going. Rooms range from single queen (probably the smallest rooms) to two-bedroom family units with small kitchenettes (no stove) and you can review layouts/rates on the website. We chose a 2nd floor king bed and had lots of room to spread out, good shower with decent water pressure and didn't hear enough road noise to bother us.

It has its quirks, such as some interesting religious material in the room, but overall was a good, reasonably-priced option with all the things we needed and none of the frills we didn't. I'm not sure ALL rooms have a fridge/microwave so check with them when booking, if those are must-haves. All rooms are non-smoking - don't even think about puffing inside or near an open door or window.

The price - excellent compared to National Park accommodations. Somewhat dated but very clean and spacious. The cheerful lady at the office is known for upgrading rooms when possible so be nice to her - you might strike bonus. I'm not giving a PP cost as prices range depending on season and room sizes.

• Related to: Budget Travel, National/State Park, Road Trip
  • Written March 24, 2010

The exterior

• bocmaxima profile photo bocmaxima
  • Reviews: 248

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Downtown Inn: Since there's no hostel in town...

This is more a hostel for people moving onto Victoria via ferry and not really for a getaway to Port Angeles. It's one of the cheaper places in town though ($45/night off-season). The downsides are that it's shared bathrooms and there's not much parking. I actually got a parking ticket because I wasn't supposed to park in front of the hotel on the street in the middle of the night on the day I was there (not sure why).
It's a good location though. Less than 2 blocks from the ferry terminal and right in the center of Port Angeles, which means that there are a couple of good bars and restaurants nearby.
I found Port Angeles to be a pretty nice place and a good base for seeing some other stuff in the area.

Good location

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written November 16, 2006

Looking east on Front Street

• aroundtheglobe profile photo aroundtheglobe
  • Reviews: 57

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Thortown Hostel: Cozy and friendly hostel in Port Angeles

We had a really pleasent stay in this tiny hostel and according to the fact that this was my first accomodation in US ever, I was very happy to have met a very kind and helpful host. It was the best thing to get rid of my prejudice concerning americans! I really suggest to all backpackers to look for this hostel, even if it's a quite far walk from the harbour

- familiar hosting