140 Del Guzzi Drive, Port Angeles, Washington, 98362, United States
Booking.com Priceline.com Travelocity

More about Olympic Lodge

Great Deal!

by TripAdvisor Member Teevees_Bella

My boyfriend and I wanted to spend a few days in the Olympic Peninsula, and weren't sure where to stay. I happened to talk to his mom a few days before we were scheduled to head up, and she suggested the Best Western Olympic Lodge as she had fond memories of it from a previous trip -- although it had been many years since then. We looked it up online, fell in love with the location, and booked it.

When we arrived, we found the hotel to be located next to another hotel and near several restaurants. The front lobby was beautiful, with vaulted ceilings and windows that reminded me of something one might see in Vale or Aspen. Part of the hotel was being renovated, which contributed to a peculiar smell -- but the public areas were, in general, quite lovely.

Our room was located on the second floor and overlooked the golf course. I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't see the mountain from that vantage point, but the gorgeous view of the verdant golf course juxtaposed against the bright blue sky made up for the loss of the mountain range.

The room was large, extremely clean and nicely furnished, with a beautifully decorated bathroom. Free wireless Internet was great, as we were able to use our laptop to make plans for what to do and where to eat, and -- best of all -- friends and family got new photos to look at on a daily basis.

Breakfast was awesome! For $5 a piece (not bad, all things considered), an all-you-can-eat buffet was offered, which included eggs, sausages, bacon, home fries, muffins, bagels, biscuits, fruit, various cereals, juices, coffee, tea and -- best of all -- two make-your-own-waffle contraptions (plus fruit toppings)! It was more than worth the small amount of extra cash, and was every bit as good -- if not better -- than the breakfast buffets offered at most major restaurant chains.

Our trip was during the off-season, so it was generally very quiet. The staff was quite friendly and helpful, and our experience as a whole was wonderful. We will definitely stay here again the next time we're in the area.

Extremely clean

by TripAdvisor Member Papalr

Stayed there for 2 nights last weekend and was very impressed with the cleaniness and overall appearance of the hotel and grounds. The hotel does have a smoke-free policy for all rooms and premisies, even going so far to made you sign a $500 charge to the room fee if caught violating the policy. We requested an upstairs king size room, which overlooks the private golf course behind the property. From the room we had a peek-a-boo view of the Olympics. The breakfast buffet cost $5.00 per person, but was well worth the money. The staff was not overly friendly, but courteous and helpful. We did have a drain pipe leak under one of the two bathroom sinks the first morning. We informed the housekeeper on our way out and it was fixed by the time we got back that afternoon. Very convinent for touring Olympic National Park (especially Hurricane Ridge) and eating Italian food at Bella Italia in downtown Port Angeles. Would highly suggest making reservations though as it is a small place and extremely popular.

One of the best hotels I have stayed at

Wow, what a surprise! The Best Western chain is owned by each franchisee and the quality can vary greatly, but this one is definitely top of the line. It has apparently been recently renovated, the room was super, super clean. It is also at a great location -- just minutes from the harbor (where you can catch a ferry to Victoria, Canada) and Olympic National Park. Normally we choose to stay inside national parks if possible, but in this case since it is so close there is no reason to pay the premium. It's supposed to have a superb view too, with Mount Olympic in the background (although, sadly, we did not get to see it because of the non-stopping Pacific Northwest rain). This one really beats the Hampton Inns (which I consider to be the best and most consistent motel chain) or even some of the brand-name hotels such as the Hiltons or Marriots. One slight gripe is that they charge $5 for breakfast which is nothing special. One tip: don't eat at the Joshua's restaurant next to it -- it's terrible.

very nice and clean

We were very pleased.. the most comfy hotel bed I have EVER slept on... (pillow top matress). Housekeeping kept the room immaculate and stocked with plenty of fluffy towels. The room was very nice in decor as well.

Exceptional room for the price ...

by TripAdvisor Member Jennyx

Stayed for one night in late June prior to taking ferry to Victoria. I paid 109 for a king bedded room on the 4th floor and was very pleased with its appearance. As others have said this hotel was recently renovated and the room certainly showed it. Superior bed and bedding, new carpet and the best bathroom of my whole trip. Very impressed. The breakfast room is pleasant and the breakfast plentiful. My only gripe would be that on our arrival the two female receptionists were more interested in talking to a male guest than deal with my husband and I. Having asked for a room at the front (to get an ocean view we thought) she reminded us that ocean views were not guaranteed. We explained we realised that, but as we were checking in somewhat early and, unless there was only one room left so she could not acommodate us, if front rooms were still available we would like one. She, seemingly, reluctantly allocated us one. Why this was such a problem I don't know. As it was, a room overlooking the golf course would have been quieter because a) there is not much ocean to see b) the road and c) the front rooms overlook the carpark and subsequently you have car engine noise. Apart from this I would certainly recommend this hotel

Nice stay

by TripAdvisor Member NCjohnboy

This hotel lived up to the other good reviews we saw here. The rooms were great and the property looked like the nicest in town. Very close to the entrance to Olympic NP and the road to Hurricane Ridge.

Makes A Trip to Olympic National Park

by TripAdvisor Member PalisadesJack

This place gets an Excellent because it so exceeds expectations for a Best Western or Port Angeles. We stayed here because of Trip Advisor. The physical product is in good condition and although right off 101, backs nicely onto a golf course and towards the mountains. What makes this place is management - the rooms, the pool, and common areas are kept in immaculate condition - in fact you almost laugh at how many service people are milling around. The staff is exceptionally helpful. Pool area faces the golf course and is nice for families. If you plan to spend a lot of time at the hotel - i.e. you are not camping etc. in the park - this is really the only good option. The breakfast is good but there is a good bagel/bakery place in Port Angeles. One negative is their restaurant recommendations - I am not sure there is any place I would recommend in Port Angeles based on my limited experience. A side note if you have young kids: the children's playground in Port Angeles is one of the best we have ever seen anywhere and worth one - or many - stops. Again the Excellent rating is on a relative basis - this is a Best Western roadside lodge - but its hard to be disappointed even having read all the great Trip Advisor reviews on this place

Great, Great, Great

by TripAdvisor Member kasey363

My first visit to the Olympic Peninsula, and I couldn't have chosen a better spot for convenience to explore the entire region North and West (to Forks and the Hoh Rainforest) than BW Olympic Lodge. Exceptional for a Best Western in views, accomodations, size of the rooms, facility, breakfasts, pool, views, parking - it's got it all. Our room faced the golf course and the mountain range, it was large with a king bed and living room area, full size couch, microwave, refer and all. Bathroom was large with massage waterhead and even a secondary sink and dressing area so we keep out of each others way! Breakfast for $5.00 was worth $10.00 in most eateries. Clean and plenty of it, make your own waffles, eggs, ham, cereal, fresh fruit, juices - everything! Robyn, the hostess was awesome offering hints of what to see, where to go, a local with a lot of knowledge that made it all the more welcoming! This was by far the best accomodation we saw in our travels there. The location was a great take off spot for trips to the west and east, and of course so close to Hurricane Ridge!

Nice hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Dr_Port

The negatives: the hotel could not set us up with a folding bed, so we had to go for two rooms at about $180, which at least would have included the breakfast in some places (a $5/$3 extra).
The positives: nice large beds, refrigerator and microwave in the room, free Internet that worked flawlessly (though we happened to have a base station just outside our rooms).
We didn't have time to use the pool, nor the fitness room, but both looked nice and clean.
The breakfast was nice too (make-your-own waffles, hot food, hot and cold cereal, scones, etc).

No better choice

by TripAdvisor Member skycruiser

stayed two nites in this hotel (two queen beds room) during the visit of Olympic Park in early September. Both bed room and bathroom were big & clean. Free wireless internet connection was a big plus. I could make the hotel & ferry reservation ahead of time. The front desk was friendly and helpful. Goddy Pasta restaurant they recommended was good if you have a boy likes pizza & pasta a lot. I also liked the bkfst buffet for $5-adult / $3 - kid. The waitress was nice and made you feel like having a family bkfst at home . Thanks for this web review site. I cancelled the origianl booking at the hotel next to the ferry port and changed to this one. By paying $107.00 AAA rate, I think it was very worthy. No better choice, I will come back to this hotel again if I have a chance.

Comments