1050 S E Bishop Blvd

THe Side of GraystoneTHe Side of Graystone

Graystone ChurchGraystone Church

Suggestions needed for driving across Washington State

by wing3

I'll be driving from Montana through Pullman and on across Washington State. I'm looking for a campground or two along the way that would make an interesting stop. Any suggestions?

Re: Suggestions needed for driving across Washington State

by EllenH

where are you starting in montana? or what road will you be on, 90?

Re: Re: Suggestions needed for driving across Washington State

by wing3

That's a good question. I'm thinking of taking 90, but 12 out of Lolo is a possibility too. Are there a lot of switchbacks on 12? I'm a flatlander and my cliffhanger skills have become minimal. Would the differance in travel time be significant?

Re: Re: Suggestions needed for driving across Washington State

by EllenH

no switchbacks its not a dangerous highway. plus it is beautiful and your choice of campgrounds will be endless and im sure they will all be great. my trip across there they were all closed because of flooding (not going to be a problem this year) 90 would be boring. go to lolo. and have a great trip, and im not far from there so if you have any more questions, ask, there are some great hot springs along that road too but i have not been to them.

Travel Tips for Pullman

pullman, wa

by wendahe

"pullman"

I stayed in pullman for one night during my trip to the Palouse. Being a city person, I didn't find the place to be terribly exciting, there aren't many things to do other than driving out town to see the palouse prairie. I watched a movie(Over the Hedge) at Pullman Village Center Cinemas. The screen rooms are little bit small but with reasonably new facilities. The over all experience was OK. I stayed in Holiday Inn Express for the night, IMHO it is one of the best bang-for-the buck hotels I've ever been to.

Comments