345 S Shore Rd, Quinault, WA 98575

Orbitz.com AMOMA.com Hotelsclick.com

• Segolily's Profile Photo

Historic Inn

This is a classic old Grand Lodge, built in the same unique way as others like the Old Faithful Inn or Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim. It has an enviable position on the Lake Quinault south shore. A wonderfully welcoming lobby, a great outside deck and large lawn leading down to the lake. It is THE place to stay around the lake.

Directions: Right on the main south shore road. Can't miss it.

More about Lake Quinault Lodge

Buy something local

by Segolily

In Quinault there two general stores. One by the Lake Quinault Lodge and one just up the street by the Rain Forest Resort. They both have basic supplies and some really nice local crafts. I love to buy local.

And the local team won a state baseball championship...way to go!

Dinner at Lake Quinault

by TripAdvisor Member thorntree

We stayed at the Lake Quinault Resort which is listed under Amanda Park (the post office address for the other side of Lake Quinault) and had dinner at the Lake Quinault Lodge one evening. The view from the dining room over the lake is spectacular. The food and service were both very good. I did find $ 20.00 a little pricey for a very small although very good piece of salmon.

Serenity!

There truly is no other place like this on Earth! I feel rejuvinated and cannot wait to return to the Lake Quinault Lodge next year. A big thank you to all of the staff who made my stay fantastic. The grand old lodge is eighty years old and she still looks great!

Rent a kayak and explore the lake

by Dxenion

You can rent a canoe, kayak, paddleboat or powered boat from the Quinault Lodge. Grab a map and take about 3 hours to explore the edges of this glacier fed lake. I've been told that at certain times of the year, you can see bears and elk near the water's edge at the upper end of the lake. Also brilliant photo opportunities from the middle of the lake. You can even use your own kayaks in here but you need a permit.

Crowded during Thanksgiving

by TripAdvisor Member tropicdiver

I stayed two nites over this Thanksgiving holiday at the Lake Quinault Lodge. The only rooms available when I booked were in the "Family" area, which is a separate building which sets next to the lake and to the east of the lodge by a few hundred feet or so (most of the parking is just in front of this area).

The room was actually a bit bigger than I expected and the family section does have satellite TV. Our room had a "partial view" of the lake. One had to look between the large trees from the third floor (where our room was) to see the lake, which really isn't a complaint. I found the beds to be extremely comfortable. The rooms were a bit on the chilly side, but once under the covers, it wasn't a concern. The additional blanket had a couple of holes in it (appeared to be cigarette burns). The room was rather clean, too. The toilet chain broke each day we were there. The first day we called maintenance to fix it. The last day, was on our way out and we left it to housekeeping to figure out. The walls are paper thin and I do mean paper thin. You can hear the other guests speaking to one another rather easily in the next room. The stairs to the upper floors are ADA accessible, as they are ramps, which make for an easy hike to the upper floors.

Lake Quinault Lodge is dog friendly and I was amazed to see all the dogs coming in and out of different rooms or hear them barking loudly, if their owners left them in the rooms, unattended, while they went out to eat. Our room, fortunately, did not smell of dog.

The main lodge can get rather crowded and seating can end up being a premium at most times, when the lodge is full. The main lodge is WI-FI, which is nice, if you don't mind carrying your laptop back and forth from your room, if you are not staying in the main lodge. There is a small gift shop at the registration desk. The employees seem happy and were quite helpful.

The Thanksgiving buffett was good, but overpriced. Breakfast was an average of $3.00 or so more higher than their sister lodge at Kalalock on the coast.

The grounds between the lodge and the lake were beautiful and well kept and they had huge fluffy rabbits running around on the grass. When it wasn't raining (remember, you're in the rain forest), the view of the area was really very nice.

Will I stay there, again? I doubt it. The place didn't seem to have any real value for the money spent. I think I'd move up to the coast and stay at their sister lodge at Kalaloch.

Not Picky, but.........

by TripAdvisor Member darellie

My husband and I just returned from a 2 night weekend celebrating our anniversary at Quinault Lodge...we don't consider ourselves very picky and usually prefer rustic over glitz...but imcompetence is something else. When we made the reservation 2 months ahead of time I asked for some info. to be sent with confirmation of our date....after 6 weeks and 2 more phone calls I finally recieved it. My daughter wanted to have a wine basket in our room for our arrival and could not get anyone to call her back on how to do it...finally, they agreed to do it but wanted to put it on our bill and have her pay us...being a travel agent my daughter explained how to do it and still wasn't confident it would be a sure thing....we did recieve it, but, just today she recieved her credit card bill and they had also charged her for one of our nights at the hotel...we were not able to have dinner at the hotel as they had 2 very large parties there and said we wouldn't be able to eat until 8:30....we had tried to make reservations the day before and she said it wouldn't be necessary, but I went ahead the next morning and that is when I learned of the late dinner time....they must have known about the 2 large parties the day before....luckily there is a good restaurant and lodging just 2 minutes further down on So. Shore and we would stay there next time....the area is magical....the Lodge is not....

Less value than expected

by TripAdvisor Member gpp

The hotel is pleasantly situated on the south shore of Lake Quinault, right off the road, set back on a ridge, with a long, wide lawn running down to a small sandy beach and dock, where canoes and paddle-boats are available. Several nature trails into the rain forest have their trailheads located within a short distance, some within easy walking distance. Main Lodge. The most attractive aspect of this hotel is the lodge proper. It is very spacious, handsomely appointed, with large comfortable leather easy-chairs and sofas, and plenty of game tables (and board games). As there is no television, no radio (except for one uninteresting station, and you need to bring your own receiver) and essentially no cell phone capability, after dinner the guests congregate in the lodge to play board games, read, chat, or just watch each other. Company is lively and interesting. Rooms. We stayed in a double room in the main lodge (the oldest part of the complex, built in the 1920’s). The room was very small and plain, just big enough for the two beds and a small dresser, minimally furnished and decorated. There was no A/C; just a ceiling fan. The bathroom was small, just big enough for a shower/tub and a commode; the sink was located in a corner of the tiny bedroom, an inconvenience. So you don’t stay at Quinault Lodge to hang out in your room. It is for sleeping only. We felt the high season price was unreasonably high ($200 a night, once fees and taxes are added in). Restaurant. The restaurant presents itself as high-end, with dinner entrees in the $20-$45 range, and breakfasts in the range of $10-$20. The meals as prepared are only average in quality and presentation; we felt they were considerably overpriced. The waitstaff was polite and willing, but there is a bottle-neck in the kitchen (one waitress confided that they had a shortage of cooks, and we believe it), so there is a very long wait between courses, even at non-peak times. Both the breakfast and the dinner menus contained items which we tried to order but then were told were not available, not an inconsiderable disappointment. Given the hotel’s remote location, it appears they have trouble hiring and retaining qualified staff. All in all, this establishment is charging far too much for what it provides.

Loved the Old, rustic feel to the lodge

by TripAdvisor Member kellylee44

The old rustic lodge is perfectly located next to the lake and accross from beautiful rain forrest trails!! The lodge is old and rustic with a wonderful warm and cozy lobby that always has a roaring fire! The lodge is well kept and the rooms and cute and comfy.. No frills but worth the visit...the dining room is not as bad as other reviews indicated! It was a bit overpriced but the food quality was pretty good. Very romantic and in one of the most beautiful areas of washington...

Treatment according to perceived wealth.....

The surroundings are beautiful, the building (Main Lodge) is wonderful and some of the staff are great. Unfortunately some of the other staff tend to hover like Basil Fawlty around people who look like they have money and ignore families and the rest of the world. We tried twice to eat in the Dining Room and each time we were given water and menus and left alone for 30-45 minutes. We tried nicely to get our server or anyone else's attention but when a couple out of the photo pages of Town & Country walked in, they were waited on within five minutes and had their food within 15. After the second attempt, we spoke to the cashier and suddenly everyone wanted to do everything to make up for it. 'After the fact' decent treatment isn't good enough. Our fishing guide used to work at the Lodge and said that this has always been a problem. Some employees believe that taking care of wealthy couples will get them better reviews.
What a waste of a vacation and two five hour drives....
(We tried to check out after the first night but there was no one at the Front Desk at 0630.)

Lake QuinaultLake Quinault

Lake Quinault Suggestions

by tropicdiver

Am spending the Thanksgiving weekend up at Lake Quinault Lodge. Anyone know any good hiking trails and things to do while up there? I checked the couple of pages of tips, but am looking for more. Thanks.

Comments