Alexis Hotel

Alexis Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 84% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• GS3048's Profile Photo

Seattle Gem- close to the water

Have stayed there a couple of times now on business. Service is stellar. Facilities are modern and exceptional. I have traveled on "off" days and have secured a rate of around $210-$220, although I see summer rates are much higher.

Unique Quality: Short walk to the waterfront and a few blocks from Pikes Place tourist trap. Close to the downtown artsy stuff.

• lennywoods's Profile Photo

Swank hotel with a personal touch

I used to live in London and travel back to Seattle for business - I've stayed in quite a few of the nicer downtown hotels, Sheraton, Westin, 'W' Hotel, Alexis, etc.
    Through this experience I found that my favorite place to stay was the Alexis, with Hotel Monaco coming in a close second.
    The rooms are typically large, well furnished, and the place feels much more like 'home' for the weary business traveler.
    The attached Bookstore Bar has one of the best collections of single malt whisky in all of Seattle.

Unique Quality: Good location in downtown, great bar attached, free use of dedicated steam/sauna room.

Directions: Downtown Seattle, 1st avenue, close to the Elliott Bay.

• londonbabe's Profile Photo

Alexis Hotel, Seattle

250 US dollars, I think.

Unique Quality: This is a charming hotel - at an appropriately credit card melting price.
    But you get the fluffy robes, the ever-so comfy beds, the deep baths, the Aveda goodies .. some rooms even have open fires.
    It's also placed in the middle of all the interesting things to do, just down the hill from Pike Place and the main art gallery.

More about Alexis Hotel

4 stars all the way

by tahoesasha about Alexis Hotel

This hotel is incredible. The location, service, room, amenities, design, value and theme all blend together in a confident display of professional excellence. We had a Spa Suite with a gigantic jacuzzi tub and a room fit for a prince and princess, including by far the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever used. The staff attended to our every request with pleasure. We didn't try the food but it looked wonderful. If you want a great experience and are well off or willing to splurge, go for it. The room, the design and the service as well as the location.

Better than I imagined

by TripAdvisor Member Brian1951

I stayed here pre-cruise on September 26. I was totally impressed by the size of these rooms. We were on the second floor facing 1st Avenue. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

The room was spotless and there was fresh ice in our ice bucket upon our arrival. We also had complimentary drinks placed near the ice bucket.

The bathroom was large enough that you could hold a small party in it if that is you thing. The beds were comfort to the max. I had five pillows on my bed. If I didn't have a ship to board, I could have stayed in my hotel bed all day.

There is an Aveda Spa adjacent to the hotel. Alexis places complimentary Aveda products in all the bathrooms.

I had breakfast in The Library, Alexis' hotel restaurant. If you asked, they would prepare any breakfast food you desired. However, the menu items were a treat being typical breakfast fare with a gourmet flare. I had pancakes with peach puree inside them, topped off with a whipped cream and spicy berry sauce. It would be an insult to the pancakes to put any syrup on them. I felt very decadent having cappucino with these pancakes.

Room rates are above what I am used to spending. But for one night before a Holland America Line cruise, it's nice to splurge a little.

Great Hotel....

by TripAdvisor Member ItsZep

Only stayed at the Alexis one night, but it was great!

Big, clean rooms, very nicely decorated.

Comfy bed. Chocolates & turnback at bedtime.

Huge bathroom, wonderful deep tub, and powerful shower.

Excellent location. Close to everything.

We walked to the pier, Pikes Market, and even down to the Monday Night Football game at the new football stadium.

Very friendly and helpful staff.

Free newspapers at your door when you awaken.

Very few negatives:
#1. Not much parking and guests are charged $25 to park.
#2. We requested a wakeup call at 7:30am, then called back and changed it to 8:30. The wakeup call still came at 7:30, they forgot to change request.

All in all the Alexis is a great place to stay.

PS: There is a fish restaurant one block away on the same street called "McCormick's Fish House & Bar" that is very good and open late.

Outstanding Service

From the moment we pulled up we were treated like royalty. Everything we requested was ours and it was a tremendous spot to spend our anniversary celebration.
This is definately a place we will return!

Kate and Jack

Loved the cloud-like bed and private steambath

by TripAdvisor Member janemccoy

Our one night here was a true vacation. Very professional yet relaxed staff made us feel at home. Proximity to Seattle Art Museum, new Rem Koolhaus-designed library and Public Market gave us plenty to do. Nightly wine-tasting in lobby gave us a chance to check out neighborhood restaurants with concierge and other guests.
The steambath was so wonderful there aren't words!

Want to be spoiled rotten? The Alexis is your hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member geniph

My husband and I stayed at the Alexis for two nights for our 5th anniversary, and ever since, we're spoiled for any other hotel. The front desk staff asked if this was a special occasion, and when I told them it was our 5th anniversary, they upgraded me to an executive corner suite, no extra charge. The suite was HUGE - I've lived in smaller apartments. The bathroom was a sybaritic luxury. The wet bar with microwave was a lovely, unexpected extra.

They brought us champagne and chocolates. It wasn't particularly good champagne, but hey, gift horses and all that. The valet service was particularly outstanding; our car was always ready the instant we set foot in the lobby, and the valets were always waiting to open our door the minute we drove up.

The complimentary evening wine service was quite nice. The wine selection was good, and we struck up several interesting conversations with fellow guests. That's one of the nice things about staying in a boutique hotel; you tend to get more interesting fellow guests.

The hotel isn't perfect; if you open the windows, which I like to do, it is on one of Seattle's busiest corners, so the street noise is pretty extreme. It'd be nice if there was slightly better room air conditioning, but I tend to not like to use that anyway if the windows open. With the windows closed, I noticed very little noise. It's true the hallways are dark and dingy, but who cares? Who spends any time in the halls? One thing that's really outstanding about the Alexis is that you don't really hear other guests in the halls, and you don't hear their doors opening and closing. If you stay in hotels a lot, you'll know what a big deal that is. Even in some very expensive hotels, the noise of the doors slamming is like cannon fire. Not here.

What really impressed us was when I called down to request another towel. Instead of just sending a housekeeper with one towel, we got an entire team who replaced all our towels, brought fresh glasses, spruced up the room, turned down the bed, and I don't know what all else. I was blown away by that.

My only complaint? I can't stay anywhere else now. I've stayed at some of Seattle's most expensive downtown hotels since, and compared to the Alexis, they might as well have been Motel 6's. I love this place. (If you find a good rate online, by the way, call them to match it. They'll match any Internet rate they can verify.)

Comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member Power5

My husband and I spent one night away from the children....and we chose to stay at the Alexis in downtown Seattle. The hotel is a small boutique hotel and the previous reviews were mixed. Our experience was pretty good. The room was pretty...not large but not so small that I felt cramped. I did not like the fact that the windows did NOT open...that made me feel a bit claustrophobic but I survived. The bathroom was a little on the worn side but the amenities were very nice. The bed was extremely comfortable with lots of pillows and a down comforter. My only complaints were that we wanted to speak to the concierge and found it difficult to get a hold of her. The street noise was a little on the loud side....but not enough to bother me. This is a pet friendly hotel and I was a bit surprised to see that there were many people checking in with large dogs! When we were checking in these two big dogs were barking away...luckily I never heard them once we got to our room. Nice for dog owners though. Overall a nice hotel.

Comments