Bed and Breakfast on Capitol Hill

739 Broadway E, Seattle, Washington, 98102, United States

More about Seattle

Small Turbine and Generator for Excitor CoilsSmall Turbine and Generator for Excitor Coils

A very happy customer at Theo ChocolateA very happy customer at Theo Chocolate

interpetive signs at Fisherman's Terminalinterpetive signs at Fisherman's Terminal

Space Needle is visible from inside LookoutSpace Needle is visible from inside Lookout

Deception Pass in early December

by hikgirl

My husband and I will be in Seattle the first weekend in Dec and were thinking of staying in Langley on Friday night, exploring Whidbey Island all day Saturday and make our way through deception pass and on to Vancouver by Saturday night. Not sure if this route is feasible this time of year or if there are other reasons (traffic, road closures typical of the season, etc). Thanks!

by royalempress

Hi,
You will love Whidbey, of course I'm prejudice as I live in Coupeville. Langley is a great town with lots of arty shops. My sister owns "Music for your Eyes" an oriental rug shop with some art and jewelry from all over the world. There should not be any snow and the worst is a little rain. Don't miss the park in Deception or Ft. Casey and the light house. Whidbey has lots of tourists year around. I have lots of pictures of Whidbey on my travel pages and some points of interest.

Have a good time.
Mike

by hikgirl

I'm also curious how late the Pike Place Market is open in Dec? I read that each vendor sets their own hours, but with the holidays, maybe they typically remain open later?

by royalempress

Sorry I don't know the answer to closing times. I know lots of people love the market but I don't. Example, if you walk up to a fruit or veg. stand and order lets see....tomatoes that are on the shelf they will refuse to sell you those instead they reach behind under the display and pull out hidden fruit and sack it for you. On two occasions I got rotten food. The shops are way tourist geared. But as I said, lots of people love the market.
Mike

by denniscuano

if you want to learn english if you can give me accomodation and be my tourist guide , I can teach you, but first you have to email me at this address -> willy.ersel@gmail.com

by Marianne2

Your itinerary is a good one, although a bit rushed at the end. I would probably do:
--Seattle
--Langley overnight
--Whidbey exploration, Deception Pass, Edison (great bakery and authentic country bar serving oysters, to Bellingham for overnight.
--Next day, cross the border at Blaine (can take 2 hours or more), and then 50km more to Vancouver.

Langley has a great place to stay, the Inn at Langley, although a bit pricey. Therre's less expensive places as well.
Decption Pass is a place to park the car just before the big bridge and walk out along the bridge for spectacular views.
Bellingham has a charming historic district called Fairview, with good accommodation, galleries, etc. Downtown Bellingham has a local marketplace (not certain open which days) and an excellent French bakery.

To answer your question about the Pike Place Market: portions of it close about 6 pm, after most workers in downtown are going home. Other portions stay open a bit later to sell to locals living downtown. The restaurants there (lots) remain open later in the evening.

Have a great time, and I hope it doesn't rain!

Travel Tips for Seattle

Overview of Trip

by jake22

We feel this was a successful trip since we had never seen Seattle and that is unusual for an engineer to work for Boeing for 13 years and not see Seattle.

I think we saw most of the major attractions it had to offer.

We found that people can travel on the city/county transit system cheaply and easily will minor inconveniences. The major drawbacks of the system are there are some characters who ride who I wouldn?t want to associate with very long. Most of the lines run every half hour, so if you miss one another will be along shortly. The main advantage is that you don?t have the expense of a vehicle and the anxiety of driving in heavy traffic.

Seattle is a relatively clean town, with many interesting shops and restaurants, all are fairly expensive in comparison to Central Florida.

The climate, while we were there was ideal; cool in the morning and warm in the afternoon with no rain,

The people we met were generally very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the excellent seafood in Seattle

You MUST go on the Space...

by Jerry-Harris

You MUST go on the Space Needle! Absolutely the coolest building ever! it rotates! It is spectacular! GO THERE 1st!! Well, it would have to have been at Pike's place Market, the whole fishy atmosphere and the people it was extraordinary! I used to live in Sumner, a suburb, whatta blast that was! Can't wait to go back!

A stroll on the waterfront

by HispanicYob

One of my favorite things about Seattle was walking along the waterfront. It's even better on a good, clear day. The summer I experienced in Seattle was always sunny and warm. So just stroll along and take in all the waterfront has to offer. If you walk far enough you can see quite a bit. You can catch a ferry (I didn't) or see one of the little touristy shooping areas.

Volunteer Park is located at...

by falicia2000

Volunteer Park is located at 1400 East Prospect Street and is open to the public. It is jointly owned and maintained by the Department of Parks and Recreation and the Water Department. The park is beautiful the gardens will take your breath away. You can also see the tropical plants and trees in the greenhouse.

The Starbucks Game!!

by frankcanfly

As we strolled through the city, we created a little game called the "Starbucks Game".

As you walked the streets, the first person to spot a Starbucks Coffee Shop would call out "Starbucks!". For each one you see you gain one letter to spell the word: S-T-A-R-B-U-C-K-S

You'd be surprised how quickly you can get through this game!

Comments