Best Western Pioneer Square

Travelocity Orbitz.com Priceline.com

Costs 85% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Johnscarroll's Profile Photo

Moderate Price - Good Location

A very good hotel, moderately priced hotel when considering it's central location in Pioneer Square (the historic heart of Seattle). The advertise consistently to the gay community too.

Continental breakfast and gourmet coffee are included in the room rate. Room service is available from an adjacent Italian Restaurant.

If you don't have a car, this is an ideal place to stay. All buses in the downtown area are free. The neighborhood is full of excellent restaurants and shops.

Good AAA rate for a standard or deluxe room. Economy rooms overlook alleys. On the downside, the hotel is located next to a noisy elevated highway. But, since the rooms are airconditioned, that isn't much of a problem.

Unique Quality: Historic neighborhood, warm decor, air-conditioned rooms, central location.

Directions: From Interstate 5, take the James Street exit into downtown. James St ends at Yessler. Go through the stoplight and the hotel is on your left.

More about Best Western Pioneer Square

Best Hotel!

My husband and I have stayed in the hotel numerous times in the last couple of years and would never stay anywhere else.
We have recommended the hotel to family and friends who have also loved staying there!
I have to say that from the moment you walk into the hotel you feel like someone cares for your needs and the staff is very courteous and friendly. The rooms were very well taken care of and extremly clean. The rates were excellant especially if you are there in downtown Seattle for just a overnight visit.
My sister and I stayed at the hotel while we had a three day shopping trip in Seattle and everday the room was cleaned with special goodies left in the room for us! It was great because transportation was right there so we didn't have to use our vehicle to drive places and have the terrible time trying to find parking...everything was RIGHT THERE!
We loved our stay and being pampered that we did not want to go home!
This is a WONDERFUL hotel with FANTASTIC staff that make you feel at home! I would never stay anywhere else!

Perfect Location for a walking tour of Seattle!

by TripAdvisor Member scer55

Excellent accomodation... perfect for a tourist's experience. The complimentary breakfast and coffee ("Seattle's Best") was a welcome accomodation--allowing us to begin sightseeing earlier with plenty of caffeinated!!!

Rooms were clean and the Victorian era building had loads of character. Quiet, convienent and a good buy. Close to the Pioneer Square and waterfront areas... good choice.

Almost Perfect, But...

by TripAdvisor Member RustyGull

We wanted to love the Best Western at Pioneer Square, and for the most part we did. Excellent location, very nicely appointed rooms, and great continental breakfast. Kudos to Best Western for this fine hotel.

Our biggest beef from our stay there was a front-desk person who was quite rude and unbecoming for a hospitality professional. His conduct was inappropriate and distasteful - when we walked in, he was slouching over the desk, and looked at my father and I as if we were unwelcome. He was then surly to us over a number of subjects. This got things off to a rotten start. However, we found the rest of the staff to be quite helpful and friendly, so in the end, we were happy that we stayed here.

Charming hotel --brace for Seattle parking, but good to go!

by TripAdvisor Member LVinWA

Having read this site's reviews, I braced for additional parking fees and stayed here anyway. Glad I did. Seattle, like SFO & NYC, has joined ranks of big city parking headaches so if you drive be prepared to hand over parking rates. Staff very gracious in allowing us to check-in early (12Noon) and were upfront about the $18/day parking deal up the street. We saw plenty of parking tickets under windshield wipers downtown & around Pike's so take it into consideration. Very centrally located; can walk to Pike's, restaurants on First, Pioneer Square boutiques & artisian storefronts, downtown shopping. Service was pretty darned friendly to say nothing of professional. As long as you know what you're in for with downtown Seattle parking (you pay, you pay, you pay) you'll be good to go. Clean, full of character, and breakfast was BW standard fare --not bad. I'd recommend it if you want a little old world charm to round out your stay.

Just fine.

by TripAdvisor Member Babymooner2

This hotel is located in Pioneer Square, though just a quick walk to the water front/Pike's Market. However, the immediate location is a bit rough around the edges and there is a very apparent homeless population. Once you've walked several blocks away towards the market, it gets noticeably better. The hotel is very nice -- our room was spacious and nicely decorated. There was a very toxic cleaning agent odor that required us to open the windows and leave them open. Otherwise, it was a nice big room with a good sized bathroom. Breakfast was great. It is served in an adjoining breakfast room/cafe to the hotel and includes cereal, pastries, bagels and then some. Above and beyond most continental included breakfasts. The parking is about 1 1/2 blocks away and costs $18 a day. It's relatively convenient, though when we returned back to the lot around 9 or 10 PM after attending a wedding, it was sketchy. There were a few shady characters lingering around the garage (it's locked and requires access, but once your key card opens the door, anyone can cruise in after you.) All in all, it's a convenient decent place for a reasonable price. If you're looking for luxury, this isn't it, but it's more than adequate.

One night to catch Clipper

by TripAdvisor Member AJH

This hotel is a century hotel located in the Pioneer District. I feel they have great rooms for the location/price but if you have a family beware they are DOUBLE beds not QUEEN beds. Parking is really only 1 block, if that. For a few nights in the "historical district" it is worth it. YES, most of the homeless seem to be in this area due to the missions. We need to send a response to the city about this. Otherwise, don't fault the hotel...they are great!!! The city needs to respond and do something w/ the homeless. The ENTIRE city has a probelm and I travel internationally a lot. Our USA has some serious issues. They beg and are hostile about it. Only Seattle showed me this!! UGH

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member scice

Stayed here for 2 nights in late August. I was a little nervous after reading some other reviews about the part of town the hotel is in, but I really don't think anyone should worry about this.

The hotel was right in the middle of everything a tourist like my wife and I were looking for in Seattle. Check in was very smooth, the parking deck is up the block ($18 per day), but once you park the car, you don't need it while you are in town. The hotel itself was really great. It is located in a very old part of town in an apparently remodeled buiding. The rooms were not that big, but very well decorated and comfortable. The hotel provides free wireless internet access (as well as wired) in each room.

Our first night, we took the "Underground Tour". While I must say, the sights were less than I expected, our tour guide Bruce, was very entertaining and made the tour well worth it. The tour leaves about one block from the hotel and basically covers the neighborhood the hotel is located in. The following day we were able to walk to the Pike Place Market (10 minutes), the Space Needle (20 minutes) and that night to Safeco to watch a Mariners-Yankees game (10 minutes). Unless you have never seen a homeless person in your life, there is nothing bad about the neighborhood at all. Sure you will be asked for money a few times, but just ignore them and they won't bother you (they are not aggressive as others have written).

The complimentary breakfast in the morning was more than enough, the woman who runs it was very friendly and made sure everything was well stocked (tip her a few dollars each morning, it's the least you can do).

I would definitely stay here again and I recommend that you do too.

Great hotel in an historic area.

by TripAdvisor Member adnaw

I stayed here with two other women in mid-August 2006. We only ventured out during the day, but we felt quite safe while doing so. The breakfast was excellent, and the room was clean and well-decorated. I would have felt comfortable taking a bath in the tub. Our only small complaint about the room is that the bathroom was hot, because we didn't think to leave the bathroom door open during the night, so the air conditioning didn't reach the bathroom. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We were here overnight before going on a cruise, and for the price and location, we couldn't have asked for more. Yes there were homeless people around, but we were never harassed by anyone. I would gladly take my family back to this hotel.

Seattle for one night

by keala

Aloha from Hawaii,

Our family (2A, 2 teenage boys 15 & 17) will be traveling from Hawaii to Whistler, stopping over in Seattle, than Amtraking on to Vancouver....Need help finding a good, but inexpensive hotel for the one night stop over. We will arrive late at night and leave early the next morning to catch the Amtrak. Since we are not good early morning people, the hotel should be closer to the train station than the airport :)

btw....any tips on securing a good hotel through priceline that would guarantee we would be close to the train station?

mahalo
keala

Re: Seattle for one night

by MonoBichi

Unfortunately, King Street Station has few hotels very close to it. But it's at the south end of downtown, so downtown hotels should do you. The Olympic is the flagship, or the Edgewater..out on a pier over the sound. MANY ordinary hotels in the downtown. check any seattle or travel site.

One night in Seattle near train station

by Confucius

I guarantee that Best Western Pioneer Square Hotel would be the closest accomodations to the train station, which is located in downtown Seattle near the International District (Chinatown).

Seattle for one night near train station

by Confucius

Aloha!
I guarantee that Best Western Pioneer Square Hotel will be the closest accomodations to the train station, which is located in downtown Seattle's International District (Chinatown).

Re: Seattle for one night near train station

by MonoBichi

Probably right about the Westin Here are some other hotels in the downtown, in a range of price. Shop around
http://www.monaco-seattle.com/ about 10 blocks
http://www.hotelvintagepark.com/ about the same
http://www.fairmont.com/seattle/ a tad closer...this is probably Seattle's premier hotel
http://www.pioneersquare.com/ close, historic, quaint, well-located cheap

Re: Seattle for one night

by keala

Aloha ........

Thank you for your suggestions. We decided to do the BW Pioneer since it is closest to the train station...and as soon as we fall asleep we will have to be getting up....Maybe on the way back we can check out the other hotels since we will have more time to enjoy Seattle.

mahalo nui loa!