5005 22nd Ave. NE, Seattle, Washington, 98105, United States
Priceline.com Booking.com eDreams

More about Chambered Nautilus Bed and Breakfast Inn

Highly Recommend Chambered Nautilus

by TripAdvisor Member berwind

We stayed just one night at Chambered Nautilus B&B in the University District of Seattle in August, 2005, but wish we had stayed longer. The inn was a perfect location for visiting not only the University of Washington, but all of Seattle, because of the free parking and convenient bus service. Our room had a queen bed, private bath with shower, television, telephone and balcony with a view overlooking the garden. We appreciated the desk in the room and used the free wireless internet access to check our email. There was a complimentary coffee and tea bar with cookies available all the time which we also enjoyed. Joyce Schulte, the innkeeper, gave us great advice on a nearby brew pub for lunch, the Big Time Brewery, in the heart of the University shopping street, and another nice restaurant recommendation for dinner, the Blue Star Café, a short drive away. The next morning we had a very pleasant breakfast and enjoyed chatting with the other interesting guests before our departure. The room rate was very reasonable for all the amenities the Chambered Nautilus offers. We will definitely return!

Wonderful Attention to Detail

I have stayed at many B & B's and most were excellent, but the Chambered Nautilus was the best...with wonderful attention to detail...fresh home baked chocolate cookies available 24/7...chocolate truffles and fresh bottled water in the rooms...delicious breakfasts...computer access..an unusually friendly and helpful staff...a comfortable bed...lots of towels and shampoo and soaps...I highly recommend it....Stephen from Arlington, Massachusetts

Enjoyed Stay at Chambered Nautilus B+B Tremendously!

This was my first time to stay at the Inn's Suite accommodations due to an extended business stay in Seattle ~ I have only stayed in the main house before, which is just as lovely. The suites' setting is tucked on the top of a hill amid trees and other greenery ~ very Pacific Northwest. The accommodations were clean, well laid out for the business traveler and private if your work has you "on" all day and you just need some R+R between appointments. The staff was attentive, with housekeeping provided daily, and the food was excellent. Internet access was good and I enjoyed having a kitchen for coffee, sodas and other goodies when I just couldn't deal with another meal out.

And, best of all, free parking is available AND the location is central to everything Seattle has to offer. The U~district, downtown, Northgate, Montlake, Fremont, the Zoo, Greenlake and even access to I-5 or 520. I will never stay downtown again!

This Inn is terrific and I will stay here again. A colleague shared the suite with me during part of the stay and there was plenty of room for both of us to do our work and have space just to relax at the end of the day.

A beautiful, classic B&B

by TripAdvisor Member evilipoo

Chambered Nautilus is a great B&B. Close to the U, nicely decorated, good breakfast. Floors are super creaky, but it is an old building and that is part of it's charm. This was our 3rd stay and we planned an extra night in Seattle specifically so that we could stay here.

Unfortunately, the neighborhood has taken a bit of a turn. There was graffitti on just about every retaining wall, sign and garbage can. As we packed in the morning we heard the sound of breaking glass and found later that a cinder block had been thrown through the windshield of a car parked on the street (there is only street parking at this B&B).

We love the CN. But not enough to brave this neighborhood again. Too bad a few people have to ruin things for those of us who are not willing to risk it.

Couldn't have been better!

We spent four delightful nights at the Chambered Nautilus. Our hosts could not have been nicer nor more accommodating. The breakfasts were wonderful and the location (near the university) was very convenient. We met a number of other interesting people who were staying there and they seemd to be having as good a time as we were. We would definitely recommend this as a plae to stay in Seattle.

Warm welcome to travelers

We had been traveling from place to place when we got to the Chambered Nautilus on our way back home. The two nights we spent were a real pleasure. Our hostess was very helpful, as were the other members of the staff, providing recommendations for places to eat and places to visit. The breakfasts were delicious and included fresh nutbread, fruit, and individual egg casseroles one morning and ginger pancakes the next. For cookie lovers, there are always fresh homemade cookies available in the lounge area. Our suite was very comfortable, not like the impersonality of hotel rooms. Everything about our stay made us feel right at home.

Try the Chambered Nautilus

We were referred to the Chambered Nautilus and it lived up to our expectations. Easy to find with their directions, parking right there and a very pleasant place to stay. I took a walk, before breakfast, through the near-by park and neighborhood. Room, food and staff were great. And visiting with the other guests at breakfast an added plus. Try it!

A Haven in Seattle

Two weeks ago I had the wonderful opportunity to spend a week at the Chambered Nautilus B&B in Seattle, Washington. What a lovely haven in the middle of the university district! The accomodations were roomy and the beds comfortable, including the sofa bed. As gardeners, my friend and I enjoyed the lush plants and garden nooks built into the side of the hill. Most memorable, however, are the scrumptious breakfasts; each morning we were greeted with a meal that included homemade granola, fruit and a delicious entre' that sustained us through hours of sightseeing. The staff was friendly and helpful and the location was convenient to bus routes. Our stay at the Chambered Nautilus could not have been more enjoyable!!

Loved the Chambered Nautilus

The Chambered Nautilus is a beautiful, cozy, charming place with a very warm and welcoming staff. I'll definitely recommend it to friends and family and would stay there again next time I'm in Seattle.

Yes, and No

by TripAdvisor Member Houn

We stayed here October 21, 2005. When making the reservation, I was told that the "standard" room we requested required a two night stay, but that we could book one of their suites at a slight discount (but still much more than the standard room). Because of the reviews we had read, we were anxious to try the place, so we booked the "suite." Arriving late (8:45pm) from the evening ferry from Victoria, B.C., the taxi dropped us off at the curb (no driveway or other access), which is 28 curving steps below the level of the B&B. No problem if you're traveling light, but two 50-pound bags and other paraphenalia were quite difficult to lug up. Once there, the door was locked, with our keys and instructions in an envelope next to the door. Our "suite" was not in the main B&B structure, but instead was two properties down the street, reached by a path (irregular flagstone) across the adjacent property (occupied by the innkeeper), down a dozen small and ill-lit steps, across a courtyard and up another 18 stairs. I'm no wimp, but that was a struggle, at night, with those heavy bags. Upon entering the "suite", I thought I had been transported back to my first apartment after graduation. This place had all the charm of what it was (when we saw it in daylight): a mid-century (20th, that is) four-plex apartment building with clapboard siding and zero "charm." It felt very much (outside) like the Navy bachelor officer's quarters I resided in many moons ago. The interior was no improvement. Yes, it is a large two-bedroom apartment. But that's it. No B&B decor, no atmosphere whatsoever, just an apartment. Rather humorously equipped with a 12-inch t.v. for the living room. Try seeing that from the couch ten feet away. See my photos and judge for yourself. At $165 a night, I was not a happy camper. The next morning we went over to the main house for breakfast. This, at least, did seem to be the B&B atmosphere we thought we were booking. Nice sitting room with enclosed porch adjacent, breakfast room with the typical decor, and a very nice breakfast. I think if we had been booked into the main house we would have been happy. The other guests certainly seemed so. I can't vouch for any of the rooms there, as we did not see them. The staff was extremely nice and willing to please. So, this is a "yes and no" review. Don't expect anything other than space from the "suites," but give them a chance if you can get into the main house. This B&B is adjacent to the U of W campus (one or two blocks) so it is convenient for that. Otherwise, it is quite isolated and quite inconvenient to downtown.

Comments