Crowne Plaza Downtown

CrownePlaza.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 95% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Central and Convenient

I am a member of the Priority Club and at the check in was greeted warmly and the staff in general are very friendly from the bellman to the receptionist.
    i was given a large room with a view of the city.

Unique Quality: Central
    walking distance of most of downtown
    excellent staff

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo

A solid bargain for a four star downtown

My hotel of choice for business trips to Seattle. Formerly owned by Holiday Inn, it has been bought by Intercontinental a few years ago and upgraded, especially the rooms themselves. Excellent location for downtown business - most places within walking distance.

Restaurant is good, especially for breakfast (too many other choices downtown to stay in for dinner). Bar is tiny, but again, many choices to walk to from here.

Rooms are spacious, clean and nicely decorated. Great views on the upper floors (20th to 34th) of Puget Sound. Well insulated rooms so quiet at night.

Unique Quality: Rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed. Ask for a higher floor, pay the extra $10, and enjoy the view.

Excellent location for any business downtown.

• Great downtown location/accomodations!

A lovely downtown hotel that we found very accomodating. We found the location great, in the heart of downtown, but not too noisy or busy late-night. Our room was very nice w/plenty of space, the views lovely (26th floor & above, if possible!) & the staff super nice. Rooms were so clean, too! A very enjoyable stay at Crowne Plaza...definitely recommend! Can't remember exact pricing of our stay, but we did get a great deal through Expedia.

Unique Quality: Super views above the 26th floor. Also a little view of downtown strollers from the bar - fun t watch & have a drink as people pass!

Directions: Downtown Seattle (6th & Seneca)

More about Crowne Plaza Downtown

Found great value and views at the Crowne Plaza

I happened onto a great value for two nights at the Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown through Priceline. (The Best Western Pioneer Square also had a great 3-day deal but was farther from downtown.) Crowne Plaza's room was spacious, clean and well appointed with a soft, comfy bed like Sheraton. Great view overlooking a park and skyscrapers all around. Rainier Square shopping very close. Hotel's happy hour had terrific hors d'oeuvres and wine, very reasonably priced. I walked to Pike Place Market and the Washington State Ferries, but note that it rains frequently and the hills are about as formidable as San Francisco's. Airport bus stops every half-hour across the street. I would gladly stay again at the Crowne Plaza Seattle.

OK for auction price/deal

This was OK for the price. Bought through Hotwire for $70. Hotel 3 stars at best. Location very good, just not great. Service fair. The room was very comfortable, great bed - nice view of the Space Needle. Overall - I loved being downtown for this price, and the bed was super. Room just OK, parking a rip-off at $25 bucks. I would stay there again for this price but would never pay list.

Great location, nice accommodation

by TripAdvisor Member BAMaracas

Got a very good deal at this hotel through Hotwire, and was very pleased to be allocated a room on the 30th floor, which is for Priority Club members (even though you don't earn credit from Hotwire bookings) The view was of I-5, but also of the Bank of America tower and generally a good cityscape. A view of the Space Needle would have cost an extra $30 a night - not worth it as we were there for 5 nights, and you see so much of the needle from around the city!

The room had clearly been refurbished recently, with a great comfortable king size bed and plenty of pillows and cushions. Bathroom was a decent size, and there were robes, and iron/board and a coffee maker provided. The cleanliness was perhaps the best I have experienced in a hotel - very impressive and good attention to detail.

The only negative was to do with the room being inter-connecting. The connecting door offered absolutely no sound protection from the next door room, and one night there was a particularly loud group of women drinking until the early hours. After asking the hotel to deal with the problem, I could hear someone was sent up - but surprisingly this was with a room service pizza rather than in response to the noise complaint. Luckily they fell asleep shortly afterwards, but it is a shame that the hotel cannot solve the sound proofing problem.

Location wise, I felt it was perfect, in easy walking distance of Pioneer Square (do take the Underground Tour), Pike Place Market and the Westlake shopping centre where you can catch the monorail to the Space Needle.

Overall, very happy with my stay here, the staff were friendly and helpful and I would definitely return.

Great Deal

We got a great deal through hot-wire for this hotel. The hotel is in a great location, we walked everywhere. We usually stay at Westin's, and love their heavenly beds, but this bed blew theirs away. The room was a little small, but had all the amenities we needed and was nicely decorated. The staff were friendly and helpful. We will definately stay here again on our next visit to Seattle.

Not bad... clean, comfy and friendly

by TripAdvisor Member Avigail8

This is a good average hotel. If you are looking for something ritzy, this isn't the place. But for a decent view, higher than motel expectation but can't afford the Ritz type of hotel, this place is not bad.

As with most hotels downtown, the parking is valet only at $25. It's better than trying to have to park on the street. The room was very clean and everyone was courteous and friendly, from front desk to valet.

Worth the Visit!

by TripAdvisor Member cuinkempsville

I was able to book the Crown Plaza through an awesome deal on Travelzoo. I got a $200+ room for $100 a night. The bed is comfortable and the room is very nice. I have read where people have complained about the noise, my opinion is if you book a hotel in urban downtown Seattle you should expect noise! It was quiet to the extent of its location, sure during rush hour it was sort of loud but it's not bad. The hotel offers you free earplugs and a relaxing CD that you can play on their in-room Sony Dream Machine. There is also relaxing lavender room spray.

The staff was very helpful! They helped me find a local FedEx, hail cabs, and arrange for a town car to the airport. My only complaint is the restaurant. They are very slow! We had to seat ourselves because nobody showed up after 5 minutes of waiting to be seated. We only had coffee, which took 15 minutes to get. They only had two servers but it could have been done better. Just dine in town. The Brooklyn is awesome and so is the restaurant at the Market where Sleepless in Seattle was filmed.

If you can get this hotel at a discount, I recommend it. It's right off the freeway, which makes it convenient. Its also is the heart of the city so you can walk to many attractions. Just don't eat there or you will be waiting :)

Clean and comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member lsl100

Nice hotel. Liked the white linens, our room was clean and the bed was firm. We were happy with the location, walked to Pikes Market and to the tram to the Space Needle. No problem with noise. We had 4 rooms for a family gathering, and one of them was lucky enough to have a beautiful view of the Space Needle.

Good deal at a bargain price

by TripAdvisor Member SonomaNative

We paid half what the hotel website was asking through Hotwire making this a good deal. The hotel is nice enough -- warranting the 3 and 1/2 stars. There wasn't an in-room refrigerator and the vending machine only took credit cards. (!) The on-site gift shop had a fine selection of snacks and cold drinks and was open 7am-10pm.

We weren't bothered by the noise and the staff was very accomodating. I was able to do an early check-in and a late check-out. Warning... it's at the TOP of a hill if you are walking. I'm glad I didn't have a car, I would have hated the $25 parking charge.

Comments