18740 International Boulevard, Seattle, Washington, 98188, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 51% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Doubletree Hotel Seattle Airport

The Doubletree at the Settle airport is just a few blocks away from the SeaTac airport terminal. Too far to walk, but the airport has a free shuttle that will get you to the terminal in about 5 minutes. A taxi to or from the airport will only run you less than $8.

The Doubletee has a bar and a restaurant, but it is located just across the street from Sharps Roaster & Ale House, a surprisingly good barbecue restaurant with a spectacular local beer selection. There are a few other restaurants within easy walking distance including a Thai place, a number of fast food joints, and a few other hotel bars.

This is easily the largest Doubletree I have ever seen, and possibly the largest in the brand, with 850 rooms spread across perhaps eight buildings. The hotel's sprawling size is probably its biggest negative; I had to haul two huge suitcases about a quarter of a mile to a room as far away from the front desk as a guest can get. Next time I will request a room in the tower. At least my room had a small balcony with a view of the lake next to the hotel.

The rooms are comfortable and clean, with big flat-screen TVs, king beds, and coffee makers. The biggest negative? $10 a day for internet access.

• HooptheWorld's Profile Photo

The Best Airport Hotel!

Hands-down, the Doubletree is the best. It offers so many amenities, and is actually a pleasant experience for an "airport hotel." They even provide a lovely garden area for walks and relaxation. More hotels should have the layout they provide. Service is friendly (free hot cookies!) and the shuttle was efficient and often. Go for it!

Unique Quality: Peaceful garden area to walk around, unwind and relax! Free , hot cookies! Pleasant rooms and,even, free internet (computers provided in area by garden). Excellent shuttle to the airport, too.

Directions: Near the airport.

More about Doubletree Hotel Seattle Airport

Decent airport hotel

by TripAdvisor Member SarahP1118

The Doubletree Seattle Airport is a large hotel convenient to the airport. We stayed there for one night after arriving on a late flight, and had gotten a very affordable rate on Hotwire. The room was very large and clean, and the warm cookies on arrival were delicious. The bed was quite comfortable. We also had our own balcony overlooking a pond.
This property is quite large (900+ rooms) and is very spread out. Our room was about a 10-minute walk from the front desk. While we didn't mind the walk after our long flight, travelers who want an easy trip to and from their room should request accommodations that are as accessible as possible.
All in all a fine experience. I would stay here again.

Good Airport Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member BJM

Stayed at this hotel night before leaving for Alaskan cruise and then again on return. Found the staff friendly and helpful. Loved the free warm cookies on arrival - a nice touch.
The rooms we stayed in both times were well furnished, large and clean. The beds were very comfortable and there were nice big pillows.
We had a breakfast and a lunch in the coffee shop, off the lobby area - both meals were very good and the service quick and friendly.
Hotel has free airport shuttle every 15mins which was also good.
The swimming pool was a good size, very clean and a pleasant temperature - my swim was most enjoyable - plenty of clean fluffy towels poolside.
Very impressed with the hotel.

Convienient to airport

The Doubletree was very convenient to Sea-Tac Airport. The price was right, the rooms were large (with balconies) and the warm cookies at check-in were good. Even though there were a lot of guests at the hotel, I appreciated not hearing any outside noise in our room. Large pool and hot tub.

Great room in Tower

by TripAdvisor Member ljhnz

We stayed one night at the Doubletree because of its location right next to the airport. We had a room in the tower. The appearance of the room may have indicated that it was recently renovated. We were very pleased by the decor, balcony and double vanities, one inside the bathroom and one outside. The bedding was quit plush, the best we had during our visit to the Seattle, Burlington, Port Angeles, Forks and Mt. St. Helens areas. The large pool was heated and very warm. I would estimate the water temperature to be around 85-90F. Beware - this property is very large with many rooms.

So-So

by TripAdvisor Member cmbtravel

This is a lovely hotel but the service is certainly lacking. The first time I stayed for a conference, the front desk was overwhelmed and not helpful, but I wrote it off to the crush of people. During this second trip, they still were understaffed at the front desk. I waited for my room, was told I was not entitled to breakfast since I hadn't paid full price for my room (I had a discount/points deal). Okay, I thought, I'm saving $60 a night, so I can do without breakfast. I hauled my suitcases (it's a long walk to the tower rooms) only to find that there was someone already in my room. I tried calling the front desk--no answer. Waited a few mintues, not wanting to haul everything all the way back to reception, and called again. It rang and rang--no answer.

When I returned to the front desk I was waved to the back of the line although I had just waited in line to check in. Now the line was a bit longer. I waited while they waved other people ahead of me. Finally I stopped that and stepped up to the counter to let the woman know that I had been issued an occupied room. "Well, the computer says its empty" she said, looking at me. "Are you sure"?

Eventually, we sorted it out and I was given another room. Here's a tip--don't let them put you near the ice makers (in the tower, ask for rooms higher than 10--110,210, 310 and up). The machine was really loud. The walls are very thin. Perhaps the rooms in the wings are better. I assume I was given the cheap room because of my dimished status, but just be careful where they put you.

Now, having said all of that, it is a clean, safe hotel and is probably fine for the night before or after a trip, but I'd avoid a long stay.

Clean and hugh

The room is hugh, and it's very clean. Although it's closed to the airport, the room is well sound proof. There are restaurants and grocey store in a short driving distance. The self-laundry service is also great. My room had a balconey with a lake view. Overall, highly recommendated.

Nice hotel very close to the airport

by TripAdvisor Member bernardlee

We stayed one night at this hotel. This hotel has huge rooms and is very clean. They even have a heated pool.

The only bummer is that parking is $12 per day (plus tax).

We got an excellent rate on hotwire ($54).

Great value

Stayed 2 nights 09/01-09/03. I got a room (2 queen non-smoking at the furthest wing from the front desk on the first floor, room facing lake) for $35 at priceline. Parking is $12+tax/night.

Staff was friendly. Got a welcome cookie at check in. I requested main tower room, but she explained it was a convention week and she can only give us the room at the wing.

Main tower where front desk is located seems to be pretty new and clean, but when I walked into the wing building, there was musty smell, but as I walk deeper into the hall way, the smell is gone. This was a non smoking building but room had a slight bit of cigaretts smell. I was a little disappointed but the smell did not bother me too much. Bed and pillow was surprisingly comfortable and clean. Bathroom area has 2 sinks (one inside bathroom and one outside) so couple can get ready at the same time.

Hotel located 15 mins away from downtown Seattle. Almost walking distance from the airport. If you have a car to get around the city, I recommend you stay around airport area to save on expensive hotel room.

Best Attribute is Proximity to Airport

by TripAdvisor Member CubbyandGman

Rooms are not particularly posh or large. Ours was kind of dingy, definitely in need of a remodeling. My wife and I stayed only 1 night before flying out of Sea-Tac the next morning. Hotel was fine for our purposes, but I wouldn't have wanted a longer stay there. Got room on Priceline for $49. Parking added an extra $12 (exorbitant, but I guess standard for many of the airport hotels). Bed was allegedly a queen, but it seemed more like a double. Business centre internet access was free and open 24 hrs. (must get key from front desk after hours). Pool and whirlpool were nice, but would prefer 24 hr. access like health club. Room service was typically expensive and food was average at best.

Comments