Executive Hotel Pacific

400 Spring St., (formerly Pacific Plaza Hotel), Seattle, Washington, 98104, United States

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 53% more and rated 18% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Rumi-fan's Profile Photo

Very Average

Thankfully only stayed one night here. Rooms very small. Clean, but check out the view from the room. We were quoted $159US by one staff member and on check in the desk clerk wanted to charge $195US - when i challenged him he reduced it but i think he gave us a bad room as punishment. :)) See the pic.

Free internet in the lobby was very good though. And the free apples in lobby were yummy. The porters were nice too - its just too small and a bit run down. I was ready for some comfort by the time I reached here so was probably a bit fussy.

• solopes's Profile Photo

Good price and location

We wanted a centrally located and cheap hotel and... we found it. The rooms were good, and we were at walking distance to all interesting points of central Seattle.

The only against was... breakfast. Really poor, and eaten in a rushing cafeteria.

• A total surprise

Friends came into town from London and stayed here!
    Great location, easy walking distance to everything, the staff were very helpful and friendly. This hotel reminded us of places we had stayed in Europe - which is why it was full of other nationalities and not many from the US. If you want something small and friendly and not the usual experience - this is for you.
    By the way the martinis in the cocktail bar are awsome!

Unique Quality: The staff - helpful, fun and friendly

Directions: Business distrcit - very quite at night - but it is downtown on a major street so expect the normal street sounds!

More about Executive Hotel Pacific

A nice, affordable place to stay in downtown Seattle

Stayed here last week (April 23-25, 2004) based on reviews we read on Trip Advisor. For the most part, we agree on the posted reviews. The hotel is located centrally downtown right beside the Fairmont and near the W hotels. Parking is right next door at the Fairmont at $16/night (US) in conjunction with this hotel. (Note that parking in downtown Seattle is challenging to find at the best of times. But, street parking is free from 6pm to morning, and completely free Sunday.)

The hotel itself was nicely decorated. Certainly not cheap looking. It is an older property, so the walls are thin (you hear the plumbing & street noise) and the radiator generates a lot of heat. But, for a short stay, it's definitely worth it. Just turn on the overhead ceiling fan.

The bathrooms are small as indicated in previous reviews. If you're tall, you may have to sit sideways on the throne to accommodate your knees. The sink was the size of a small mixing bowl and water splashes everywhere. Still, it's very clean and housekeeping tends to the property very well.

A nice touch was a bowl of apples for the guests. There is also a water cooler. The staff are nice enough, but remember this isn't a 5-star hotel. For example, ask for nearby restaurants and they'll likely point to a restaurant you can see from the front of the hotel. We didn't get much advice on saving on the parking. We walked around and read the meters ourselves, then adapted our driving pattern accordingly. We also asked store merchants where to eat and what to see.

Still, it's a safe, clean and in downtown Seattle. If you're looking to save a few bucks on the parking (it can equal the cost of a car rental if you stay 2 nights in the Fairmont lot), stay in Bellevue (the Hyatt is nice) or Lower Queen Ann (see the Mediterranean Inn).

Enjoy!

The staff, the hotel and hotel .. it was an excellent experience

by TripAdvisor Member DarrylGT

We stayed here (May 21 & 22, 2004) which was initally based upon the reviews found on tripadivsors. And let me tell you, it is worth every penny.

Below are a couple things I would like to share with all internet readers.

#1/ Facility & Location
This hotel can be found right downtown (walking distance to Mono rail, Pike Place Market & Pioneer Square - all three can be reached even on a slow walk in less than 15 minutes).

Now on previous postings some parties had mentioned parking. As far as I am concerned there is no better place than the secure public parkade next door. Yes you'll need to pay $16/ day but it is discounted and there are in and out privileges.

There is no better deal downtown. Plus we shouldn't forget when traveling to other large cities, parking generally runs around $20+/ day - so as you can see it's very inexpensive.

As for food / beer - 10 minutes away is a really great place McCormick’s where you can enjoy a great happy hour 7 days a week. Appetizers are only $1.95/ dish and there's lots of beer to chose from. However if you fancy a more classy place a nice sit down restaurant, then you need to still try this place

2#/ The engagement
Okay now for the main event. Last weekend was a very special moment for myself and now fiancé (Andrea). Days prior to arriving in Seattle I had spoke to Daniel Spurgeon - general manager about assisting me setting up our room for a huge surprise that Saturday night.

You see it was that night I was going to ask Andrea to marry me. It was unbelievable, Daniel, Michael - the front desk supervisor and his staff were all over it.

Talk about service ...
Daniel went as far as sourcing out everything from the wine, to the Tulips (which as a rule are out of season now), to placing rose pedals down on whites sheets from the door, to the bed, to up on to the bed. Oh yeak lets not forget, they even threw in a free up grade.

To me this is CUSTOMER SERVICE at its finest ..

And we thank you all for your effort & support in making this a very memorable weekend.
Darryl & Andrea

What a miserable excuse for a hotel!

I cannot believe that I actually spent hard earned money to spend a miserable, hot (no air conditioning), noisy (traffic noise kept me up for hours even though I was dead tired) night in a closet (the bed barely fit) of a room. The elevator barely worked (and it doesn't even go to the lobby -- you have to walk up a flight of stairs to get to the elevator!!!), the hallways were hot and smelly, the "furniture" was archaic, and the bathroom was probably nice enough in 1950, but in 2004 it's a snake pit. Stay away. Stay far, far away. You are welcome to contact me if I haven't made myself perfectly clear! The name's Barry and the e-mail address is blb417@hotmail.com if you want more info.

Beware if it is hot!!

I agree with most prior reviews--this hotel has a great downtown location and is cheap for Seattle. However--the building is old, there is no air conditioning, the rooms are very small--reminded me of European cities. If the temperature is 70 or over, you will be very uncomfortable here.

Much better bargains can be found in outlying areas if you rent a car--but if you need to be downtown and it is cool this is a cheap good deal.

Hotl but helpful

by TripAdvisor Member UKLass09

We came for the football game last weekend and Seattle was hot, so therefore so was the hotel. However the lobby was wonderfully cool with new AC installed the day before! The rooms were small but beautifully decorated with new furniture and pictures. What makes this hotel great? The location, price and STAFF!!!
Please don't listen to Barry - there is an elevator in the lobby and the hotel is great!

Good Deal

I found this hotel through tripadvisor.com and my husband and I stayed there July 17-19th. Overall I would recommend this hotel as a good deal. The hotel staff was very accomidating and pleasant. I was first given a non-smoking room that really smelled like smoke, but they switched my room no problem. Yes, the rooms are very small and the bathroom is a bit cramped, but if you plan to hang out a lot Downtown and not be in your room too much, this hotel is perfect. I'm from TX, so even though there wasn't an AC in the room, I was abel to handel the heat at night, but it might be a bit much for others from cooler climates. If you are on a budget but want to stay downtown, this is a great option.

Dismal, dreary, poor service

Dank, dreary, un-airconditioned hotel. This hotel is not horrible, just expect a very run-down, often musty and dank due to the humid air and no air conditioning, and very VERY tiny room hotel. Some rooms are better than others. The first room we had was tiny, with a bathroom you couldn't turn around in! We moved to room 410, which was larger and on a corner - so two windows for cross breeze. If you have to stay at this hotel, try for this room or one above or below it.

Problems - housekeeping is inattentive. We had to ask three times for extra pillows, and we got back to our room to find the door wide open (at 6pm at night.) Fortunately, our room door is at the end of the hall hidden from view, but this was intolerable. Management did not seem very concerned.

A few good things -- a very helpful bellman, and an adorable french bulldog named ruby.

As others have said, this hotel reminds one of a tourist class hotel in western europe.

Comments