Extended Stay Seattle Northgate

Extended Stay America - Seattle - Northgate
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

• Worst Hotel Experience I Have Ever Had

First of all I want to share that I am a mellow person and not picky about much at hotels. I have never written a hotel review before, but I felt obligated to do so because I had such a bad experience. I had to stay here because I was coming to a workshop that was within walking distance, but if I ever come back I will make sure to stay elsewhere and take the bus.

The front desk service and management were horrible. My roommate and I made them aware of all of the issues I will list below, ended up calling corporate, and had to beg to get any response, apology or compensation.

We arrived and they had cancelled our entire room block. They said it was full and then magically found us a room half hour later (and about 20 others who had been cancelled too). However, my roommate and I had to switch rooms 3 times in the first day of arrival and stayed in a single when we booked a double- which we were charged for and had to ask twice just to take the $10 off the rate for staying in a single.

Everything smells like smoke. We booked a non-smoking room, and the last straw was when my roommate walked into the room into a fresh cloud of smoke. Our once-a-week cleaning had been done and the AC messed with so obviously the housekeepers had been smoking in our room while working. Disgusting since I am allergic.

There was no toilet paper available for an entire week. We asked for more and their response was that they had already been to the Cash-n-Carry twice that day. We had to provide our own for our first week there. My roommate asked for a washcloth and was handed a raggedy dishcloth for her face because she was told they were out.

We were in Seattle during the record breaking heatwave and our AC did not work- only the fan and would cut off without warning. The front desk's response was that the mantenience man was in the hospital.

Our fridge leaked on the inside and got all of our food wet.

Half of the washers in the laundry room were out of order our first week of the stay.

We asked for a bus map or any information about the closest bus stop and they couldn't help us.

We were told we would be charged half our stay the first week and the rest upon checkout, however, they charged the entire stay to my credit card early.

I could go on and on about these issues and the worst part is that not one person seemed to care- from the front desk all the way to corporate. We called numerous people and were disconnected, put on hold, connected to other managers who could do nothing, and were told we would be called back and we never got a response.

I knew someone who stayed here the previous summer and had an issue with bed bugs and she said the management didn't seem to care then, so I should have been warned but gave it the benefit of the doubt. Please don't go here if you expect any kind of normal hotel service or necessities because they won't provide it. Absolutely the most ridiculous hotel experience I have ever had.

Other helpful info:
    Aurora Ave. is sketchy, especially at night- which is the main road outside the hotel. There are a few places outside the hotel within walking distance that are good to visit, like Albertson's grocery across the street and a yogurt place called Melon in the same shopping area. There are not too many restaurants within walking distance other than a fast seafood place (good service there- I think it's called Ivan's or Ivar's?), an Outback, and a Starbucks on Aurora.

The 358 bus on Aurora will take you downtown Seattle, which is a much better experience than this area. This bus can be a little sketchy, so only take it during the day if you are solo. Another fun place to catch a bus to is Green Lake Park, which is not too far away.

Unique Quality: There are no unique qualities about this hotel except that the staff is uniquely unhelpful and seem to hate their job.

Comments