Fairmont Olympic Hotel

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 59% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo

5 star luxury

Stayed here for 4 nights during a hectic business trip with some clients from Japan. Booked here because everything else in downtown Seattle was full. When I arrived at the front desk in my Alaskan clothes, they looked at me like I was a street person. As soon as they realized I had a reservation, the charm came out and I was treated like royalty. My room was unavailable so I was upgraded to a suite. Wow!
    From the elegant Italian Renaissance lobby, to the waterfall in the bar, to the fantastic room, I was very impressed.
    The shame of it was being so busy running around Seattle from dawn until midnight, it was only as I was leaving the room on the last day that I realized I hadn't touched the 4 choclate covered strawberries in the living room.

Just returned from another stay at the now named Fairmont Olympic. The name has changed but it is just as elegant as before. A long weekend of luxury and pampering. Had always planned on returning with my wife and savoring all this hotel has to offer and I'm very glad we did. The strawberries were delicous :)!

The two restaurants were very much worth visiting. The Georgian had some of the finest Northwest cuisine I've ever had. Wonderful elegant atmosphere, deep wine list, great service. Even if you're Alaskan, a coat and tie are a good idea.

A great health club and spa with a huge indoor pool (think San Simeon Castle), jacuzzi, huge selection of exercise equipment.

Parking in the neighborhood is a pain. Almost worthwhile to pay the $30 valet parking (gulp). Or better yet, take a cab from the airport and they have free shuttle service to get around downtown.

The hotel is very expensive but we don't do a get away weekend very often. Rooms start at $299 and suites at $369. We got a regular suite for $499 as I had heard that the executive suites were quite small.

Unique Quality: All of the property is outstanding - but what sticks in my mind most is the room itself. French doors seperate the living room from the bedroom, white duvet, pillow menu and - in my mind the sign of a first class establishment - a phone and TV in the bathroom! 45" plasma TVs in both the rooms. 24 hour room service with a large menu and wine list to choose from. Such a nice space, it is very hard to get up the energy to leave it.

Directions: Corner of First and University downtown

• davequ's Profile Photo

Too expensive, but check it out anyway

I've stayed here in the past when it was the Four Seasons, now it is the Fairmont Olympic.

Though it's very classy and right in downtown, personally I think it's almost too expensive. Normal rooms run around $300/night before room tax is added, expect $350-375/night total.

This is where you put up the prima-donna spendthrift senior corporate executives or people for whom money is no object. Luxury all the way, kind of like the Brown Palace in Denver or the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. If you wanted to pamper yourself and spend a lot doing it, this would be the place.

But make a point some evening to check out the beautiful lobby and appointments.

Very very upscale, old money and classy.

Check out the slideshow at the Hotel website

Unique Quality: When I stayed here a few years ago, 2 things struck me that I really liked:

The lobby has these really incredible hallways, decorated with beautiful paintings and furniture, that just sometimes "dead-end" at a wall and go no further. Almost "maze-like..."

they used to have classy, full dress ballroom dancing in one of the huge ballrooms on the main floor off the lobby. It looked and sounded almost like a Stanley Kubrick film. Very upscale, romantic in an old-school sort of way, even a little spooky.

Picture is pinched from the hotel website.

Directions: Fourth and University Downtown

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

OH Wow... Pampered

I only got to stay two nights. My wife has been commuting for the last two months and this place is wonderful. As she says, it's not home, but it's a pretty good substitue.

Unique Quality: Excellent restaurant(s). Friendly and efficient Concierge desk; always ready to please.

Directions: Downtown about 3 blocks from Pikes Public Market.

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Great Location

Wonderful accomodations. An older hotel that has been upgraded and "refurbished" to accomodate modern tastes (Free DSL Internet service).

Unique Quality: Located only 4 blocks from the world famous Public Market on Pike Street and right in the heart of the shopping district.

Concierge at your beck and call with accurate information.

Directions: Pike's Place down town.

More about Fairmont Olympic Hotel

Nothing beats the Fairmont Olympic

by TripAdvisor Member ed3ed3

So the question arises, does it live up to the hype of being the #1 hotel in Seattle?

Answer is yes. All of the luxuries you expect from a hotel are at the Fairmont. Whether its free internet, terry cloth robes, slippers, flatscreen TVs on all of the treadmills and bikes or whatever, this place has it all. The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are nicely decorated. Its quiet.

What stands out even more than the amenities is the staff. Each staff member greets you and most remember you by name or say a simple "welcome back" when you reenter the hotel. The staff opened doors, elevators and the concierge desk was helpful even when they were bombarded by calls and people.

I've been at some really nice hotels that try to pull all of the stops and the Fairmont Olympic truly does fit the bill as the nicest hotel in Seattle.

Excellent!

by TripAdvisor Member jayrose96

Just returned from our stay at the Fairmont Olympic in Seattle. Everything was superb, especially the service! Very friendly and accomodating staff. Beautiful hotel, large comfortable well-appointed rooms, good gym/exercise facilities. Downtown location convenient to all. We did not eat at any of the hotel restaurants, so cannot comment on dining. Drinks were a bit pricey (although not compared to NYC). Highly recommended - my wife and I travel extensively and are very discerning customers.

I know it's corny, but....the Olympic deserves a Gold Medal!

by TripAdvisor Member Maribeth

Our stay at the Fairmont Olympic was magical. We arrived, tired from coast-to-coast travel, to plush suites and impeccably trained personnel, committed to insuring our comfort and enjoyment.
My husband and I had planned a trip with my 76 and 72 year old parents and our 15 and 12 year old children. We were a bit nervous about finding a property to meet all of our needs, but for three nights we were pleased from the time we awoke until we fell into the comfortable beds. My daughter even raved about the sleeper sofa. When was the last time someone has enjoyed sleeping on a sofa bed?!
Breakfast in The Georgian each morning was peaceful and relaxing. The fitness room and pool were accessible and well-supervised. The concierges were top-notch and got us reservations each night in popular and fun restaurants.
If I could meet the G.M., I would place a gold medal around his neck for making our intergenerational Olympic experience memorable, positive and relaxing!

It's the tops!

by TripAdvisor Member New Orleans gal

We stayed at the Fairmont Olympic before boarding a Holland America cruise to Alaska and it was a wonderful beginning to the trip. The hotel is beautiful and service was great from the check-in to check-out. Our room was hugh and the ammenities in the room and bath was wonderful (although the mini bar prices are very high). The decor was above average for even the best hotels, and the breakfast in the main dining room was simply the best meal I have ever had in a hotel. The service in the dining room was also impecable. I hope to return to Seattle and will definetly stay at the Olympic again. Even the location was great. Shuckers restaurant is actually located in the downstairs of the hotel (side entrance) and the food there was great - although I do not think the restaurant is actually run by the hotel. But for great fresh Seattle seafood - that restaurant can't be beat either.

Excellent Service

by TripAdvisor Member smonion

I stayed at the Fairmont Olympic for a small celebration. I live in Seattle so I just wanted some place swanky and fun. I'd been there before a couple of times when it was the Four Season's Olympic but this was my first visit since the switch.

Service was great and incredibly sincere (which is rare). Nearly everyone I encountered was friendly, kind and upbeat. It didn't seem at all fakey, they just seemed to actually enjoy their jobs. The whole reason I booked with them (instead of some other local hotels) was the positive attitude of their assistant front desk manager (I think that was his title, sorry if I got it wrong) Steve, he was just really nice to me and made me feel truly welcome.

The room was really big and comfortable with two tvs and French doors. I especially liked the seating area. I enjoyed having a couch, desk and armchair more than I thought I would. The bathroom was quite lovely with recently redone marble interior (had a hard time getting the tub to stay pluuged though, for a bath, the stopper kept popping out). Nice extras included bathrobes, umbrella, hairdryer, slippers, a loofah, emery board and cleaning cloth for glasses, complimentary shoeshine.

The pool area and exercise facility were attractive and well appointed. Highlights include an amazing hottub and a sorta zen-type waterfall into the pool. I just wish it had been deeper than 4 feet.

Negatives: The linens and bed could be improved. The sheets were nice but not outstanding and I guess that's what I was expecting. My bed at home is about as comfy (and my bed isn't that great).
The Sheraton definitely beats them in the bed dept.

Also, we ordered room service at 11pm and my order was confirmed, The order arrived at about midnight (after 20-30min. promise time). One of our meals was missing and instead of apologizing the waiter said that he wasn't aware that we had ordered two meals. Even though there were two desserts. He was fairly snotty and didn't even offer to rush it. My meal was the one that was forgotten and it finally arrived at 12:45am. It was cold and missing it's onion rings. (Cheeseburger) I ate it anyway and didn't say anything then because I had low blood sugar and I was starving! It wasn't good though and it sucked to not actually eat dinner at the same time as my boyfriend.

Enjoyed the option of purchasing Playstation 2 games ($6.99 for two hours). However it would have been a lot more fun if two people could play against each other and not have to take turns. Also, they needed more recent games, Spiderman was the newest one they had and that came out years ago.

The nice woman at the reception desk did take off the cost of half the room service order when I checked out. I guess that was good but it still made the night less than special. Also their beautiful Garden room is now only open for special events and not for dining. That's truly sad as it's a lovely place to go for tea. Beautiful vegetation and waterfalls. Very restful and pleasant. I really hope they reopen that room for the public.

Wow!!! The service was wonderful!!!

The Fairmont was just lovely. A young man by the name of Nicholas Jacobson parked my Mercedes as I pulled up to the hotel. Nick was very careful with my car, and he even took the time to vacuum out my car, and wax it while it was in the valet garage. The hotel was lovely. The room and bed was quite plush.
I ordered a cheeseburger at 10:00 P.M. and it was delivered to my room at 10:08 P.M. by none other than that Nick J. who was working room service that night. He took the time to salt my fries for me, and he also applied a healthy amount of ketchup to my burger.
As I departed the following day, I was delighted to see that smiling Nick pulling up my Benz. He advised me that I was a quart low on oil, and that my rear left tire was 1 pound low on air. He reset my trip odometer for me, and already adjusted my air conditioning to a perfect temperature!!!

WHAT A HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lobby of the Fairmont Olympic HotelLobby of the Fairmont Olympic Hotel

Main entrance of the Fairmont Olympic HotelMain entrance of the Fairmont Olympic Hotel

Comments