211 Dexter Avenue North, Seattle, Washington, 98109, United States

IHG Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 56% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• iam1wthee's Profile Photo

Holiday Inn Seattle

Walking distance to Seattle Center and Lake Union. 2 blocks from Whole Foods, 3 blocks from Walgreens, 5 blocks from Subway stores, and 6 blocks from 7/11. Other restaurants in the area also within walking distance. Buses galore, tram 2 blocks away, monorail is 5 blocks away.
    Unfortnately, it is right next to a helicopter launching pad. The windows are not soundproof against the noise that the helicopter makes either. It was quite annoying when it lands at 5am!

Unique Quality: 24 hour front desk and security. 6 blocks away from downtown where you have access to the free buses from 6am to 7pm. The neighborhood is safe day and night. Free wifi, Microwave, Refrigerator, coffee pot, forks, knives, spoons, plates, temperature controlled, and padded headboard.

Directions: Central Business District / Belltown

• HispanicYob's Profile Photo

Average Stay

We chose this hotel in downtown Seattle for it's close proximity to the Space Needle and other attractions downtown. We had rented a car and checked in. Upon check-in, we were surprised to hear that we had to pay 10 bucks USD to pay for parking, PER DAY! That's unheard of for us southwestern folk unless it's something like valet. We weren't thrilled about that. The rooms are average and the beds were comfy. I remember having a bit of an issue accessing the wi-fi. The parking garage is really hard to navigate and is pretty small. It feels like you could back into a column! Gotta make the most of the space you got I guess! We loved the proximity to a lot of attractions like the ones mentioned above. There was no pool and that was a big disappointment especially for my dad, as was for me. The staff were great, and that's always a plus. I don't know about staying here again, though. Please excuse the fact I don't have a price per night as my family and I booked it with a package deal from Southwest.com that was all-inclusive. Please call the number I've provided on this tip, because you know hotel prices always change!

Unique Quality: We had no views. We faced another wall with an open alleyway below. So that counts out the views. Just your basic hotel experience if you were to be stranded or needed somewhere to rest your head.

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

10 minutes walk away from downtown

Newly furnished hotel (I think, otherwise they've done a very good job at keeping it so clean and new) with very friendly staff. My room had a kitchenette equipped with a fridge and microwave (handy for those restaurant meals that I've had to doggy-bag because the portions were so huge!!!).

It's located just outside downtown, it'll take about 10 minutes to walk there. Takes about 10 minutes to walk to the Seattle Center.

If you're considering between staying at either this Holiday Inn or the Holiday Inn Express on Aurora Avenue, please note that these two hotels sits back to back to each other.

Directions: Between John and Thomas St.

More about Holiday Inn Seattle

Seattle Stuff

by jamiesno

Does anyone recommend the HI Seattle?

How much in a cab from the airport to downtown?

Re: Seattle Stuff

by Aimdogg

FYI:

The airport servicing Seattle is quite far from downtown! It is actually between the cities of Seattle and Tacoma. A cab would be very expensive!! You could do one of those shuttle vans instead, that take a hand full of people to where they want to go.

Cab fare - July 2004

by Out.in.MN

As of July, 2004, it cost us $37 one-way by taxi from the airport to the Capital Hill neighborhood (near downtown).

You asked about "HI Seattle". Sorry, we don't recognize that acronym/abbreviation.

Re: Cab fare - July 2004

by Summer33

What is HI? Yes a cab is expensive, if your staying at a hotel downtown sometimes they have complimentary shuttles.

Re: Seattle Stuff

by goshawk301

Presume you mean Holiday Inn Seattle, which is on Aurora Avenue east of Seattle Center. I can't comment on the quality of the hotel itself, but the location is *a little* iffy - it's on the edge of the budget hotel district next to Seattle Center, and next to Denny Park, which seems to attract vagrants at night.

by jamiesno

My apologies Hostelling International Seattle is what I meant, again my apologies.

Jamie

by goshawk301

A-ha! Then it's highly recommended. Hosteling International Seattle is in a great downtown location. A recent VT visitor that I met stayed there, and had very positive things to say about the place.

by MonoBichi

Yes, an excellent hostel between the waterfront and Market. Great location.
There is actually a city bus that runs to the airport. You should have no trouble getting downtown. A taxi would be exorbitant.
Inside the downtown area, buses are free!

by jamiesno

Well thanks for this, based on how much CDN money is worth in the US a taxi sounds out of the question. Anyone think a VT meet could happen in Seattle?

by goshawk301

Sure! We had a VT meeting last September. When will you be visiting?

by goshawk301

Sure, we had a VT meeting last September. When will you be visiting?

by jamiesno

May 5,6 and 7th, any ideas ??

by goshawk301

Might be out of town that weekend myself, but it should be possible to have a casual get-together downtown (as we did last time). Be in touch, Mitsuhiro.

Comments