Holiday Inn Seattle-Seatac International Airport

Booking.com IHG Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

Rated 16% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Tempest7's Profile Photo

Clean and inexpensive to live

This hostel was clean and relatively inexpensive to stay in. Located right by the water, it was very easy to just get out and walk around. There's a few good places by the waterfront to eat and only a few blocks to walk to the shopping district. If you don't mind walking you can even walk to the international district for some nice authentic Japanese food.

Unique Quality: There was nothing really unique. It was just relatively clean, except for my roommate.

Directions: Near the Pike Market

• Venturingnow's Profile Photo

Seattle's 2nd Cheapest Option

There is a nice hostel, run by the Hostelling Internation Organization, in downtown Seattle. This place is in competition with another joint called the Green Turtle Hostel which is right next to the strip club which is right next to Pike Place Market. The hostel is down a flight of steps from the coffee shop on the corner of 1st and Union. It is really easy to find and get around from. There is a grocery store around the corner, and the waterfront is just a flight of stairs away.

Unique Quality: The HI hostel I slept at was a little pricey, but I have never stayed at an American hostel before, so it may have been normal. It was 25 dollars a night for a 10 bed dorm, not used to all that cost in Europe! The hostel was spotless, had tons of vending machines, a huge kitchen and dining room, a TV room with couches and chairs, and well-equipted and clean bathrooms. Definately nice staff too, they helped out with all my questions.

Directions: Bus to Union Station from the airport, then walk North (right after exiting the station) to Union, go down 1 block and across the street to the coffee shop, continue downstairs to find hostel below.

More about Holiday Inn Seattle-Seatac International Airport

Gross!

by TripAdvisor Member sailingaway1

My husband and I spent one night at the Holiday Inn SeaTac Airport. We specifically chose this hotel because we had an early flight out in the morning and we wanted to be as close to the airport as possible. First, let me tell travelers unfamiliar with the area that this hotel is not near downtown Seattle. The airport and the hotel are a fifteen minute/ $35 dollar cab ride from the tourist area. We arrived in our room and it was awful. It was a non-smoking room that smelled of smoke and had a cigarette butt in the toilet. The bathroom was beyond dirty, with hair, mold and wet dust collecting in the cracks between the ceiling and floor. There was a hole in the wall and the curtains did not close so we had the bright lights from the parking lot beaming in on us all night. The restaurant had a VERY limited menu with not much more than a few pasta dishes, hamburger, a few sandwich options and a few salad options. I have stayed in many Holiday Inn’s and this was the worst experience I have ever had. I would give it one star, one dirty star.

Pretty good stay at the Holiday Inn

by TripAdvisor Member paubri

I stayed two nights at the SeaTac Holiday Inn. The property was pretty standard for an airport hotel. Check-in was quick and easy and my room was well-appointed. The location is convenient to the airport but a bit difficult to get to because of construction of a light rail line.

Positives: The location was convenient. The room had good lighting throughout, and a good work desk with available outlets and free wireless internet. My room was quiet and the bed was comfortable. An additional touch was the Holiday Inn pillow menu, which allowed for the selection of 4 different types of pillows.

Negatives: While the room was mostly clean, there was a stain on one of the sheer curtains that was a bit off-putting. The hair dryer in the bathroom could also have been cleaned better. The bathroom was a bit small. $9 a day for guest parking? Come on! I could understand that at a downtown property, but you're better than that, Holiday Inn!

Overall though I had a good stay. I would stay at this property again.

Better the second time but still some concerns

by TripAdvisor Member willowcrown

This is the second time we've stayed in this hotel -- both times I booked through Priceline. This time I made the extra effort of joining Holiday Inn's Gold Club, which is free and entitiles the guest to their more updated rooms.

We found the renovated rooms much nicer than before with double sheets and nicer furnishings. Towels were bright white and very fluffy. We had a view of Mt Rainier, albeit over the parking lot.

The pool area could be improved upon by actually turning on the heater for the pool -- it was way too cold to swim in comfortably. The hot tub needs to be resurfaced or something -- it looks a bit dingy.

Also, in the bathroom of our room the shower curtains had a distinct midewy smell. They need to be launderd.

Check-in and out was no problem. Paid parking is silly -- they've got plenty of room for parking, they are just trying to gouge an extra $10 out of their guests.

Smoke Free-No Way

by TripAdvisor Member MINMAN

We stayed at this hotel out of convenience to the Airport to facilitate a next-morning flight. We usually expect more of a Holiday Inn than we saw here. The carpet was dirty with two large areas stained with coffee or we hate to think what else. In a record heat year (check the weather reports), you can only hope you are paying for adequate air conditioning. The air was on full all night and barely cooled a ten foot area in front of the one and only vent. This was supposedly central air-not one of those window units. Despite the heat, we wish that had had just turned off the air conditioning entirely as periodically throughout the night the disgusting scent of cigarette smoke came through the air conditioning vent. We don't know if an employee was smoking near the fresh air intake or someone elses smoke-laden air was recycled into our room. The management should seriously look into this. We didn't complain when we checked out as we were in a hurry to leave the next day and figured the best way to make a change is to alert future would-be customers. To end on a positive note, the staff were quite helpful and polite.

I would rather stay at the Bates Motel!

by TripAdvisor Member chris72

I went on a business trip for what was origanally to be for three days. We called and spoke with the manager prior to booking to ask if a company issued check would be accepted upon arrival and he assured us it would be fine. When we arrived we had to get a cab since the shuttle never showed up. When check in began they informed us they were sorry but they would not accept the check. I asked to speak with the person whom we originally spoke with and he came to the counter. He denied ever speaking with anyone from our company and refused to accept the check. He asked me to pay the $300.00 per night, yes that's right PER NIGHT on my credit card. While we were trying to come with a better solution seveal airline employees who had just checked in came to the counter very upset due to the fact their rooms had not been turned yet from the former guests. The hotel's response to that was " well sir you do understand we have another contract with other airline carriers besides you". I could not believe it. I thought the pilot was going to come unglued.

Finally after an hour and a half ( at 3:00am) the manager finally asked us to go to our room and he would work it out in the morning. When I woke up the next morning and looked at my pillow in the light I was disgusted to find mold all over my pillow.

When I showed it to the desk clerk her response was " so would you like a new one?" You think?? I asked again what the status of my room situation was and of course she did not know and the manager was gone.

I was attending a seminar held near the lobby so I kept checking all day and was basically blown off. At one point while speaking with one of the clerks I mentioned I was from the Detroit area and he proceeded to tell me he used to live in Detroit but had to move due to the fact he did not like black people and too many lived there.

That was it for us we immediately checked out. They of course charged me the 300.00 for the $79.00 at best, room we were in. When I asked for some sort of discount for all of our problems They agreed to take $60.00 off but then claimed they couldn't since we were already receiving a discount. I am not sure what discount they mean since our room was a standard double with 1970's decor and we were charged $300.00.

We walked across the parking lot to another hotel which the room was identical and paid $100.00.

I would rate this a high 3-4 star.

by TripAdvisor Member MedicalEngineer

Attending a major trade show we booked late was unable to find anything in downtown. Here we are at Seatac Airport Holiday Inn. What a breath of fresh air as a Priority Member (it's free and takes 5 minutes) and a 100 night a year traveler I was pleasantly surprised after the bad reviews I read here. Our rooms were large with desk and sofa, clean double sheets, bright towels, very clean. Rooms cleaned efficiently daily. The breakfast buffet is excellent and we interacted with all staff and found them to be EXTREMEMLY helpful. I will stay here again as you be downtown in 10 minutes. Shuttle 24 hours a day check in and out quick and with a smile, which you do find many here.

watch the room charges

by TripAdvisor Member geordicat

I stayed here for a weekend sci-fi convention. I was on the same floor as the 'party room' which was at the opposite end of the hallway from me. People were smoking in the party room, and the hotel was aware of this.

However, I got dinged a $200 'smoking in room' fee when I don't smoke. They charged everyone on the entire floor $200 each for a smoking fee. Guest services had not been in my room. Nobody had been in my room to ascertain any smoking. The hotel didn't ask me or warn me in any way before putting the $200 on my debit card. This sent me into overdraft.

It took 5 days to get the funds returned to me.

Likes & Dislikes

by TripAdvisor Member miruca

Frequently stay at this Holiday Inn. It's not as upscale or antisceptic as the Hilton or Doubletree. In general it is quite ok. and it offers a few amenities that I like far better than either of those hotels.

The 24 hour pool, jacuzzi and gym access is GREAT. More hotels should have this available since their guests generally arrive late and leave fairly early the next day. Physical access is limited by use of the room key which lends a security feature that the Hilton does not have.

The jacuzzi needs resurfacing - it looks pretty grungy. The jets need fixing as there is almost no power coming from them.

Unlike the pool at many hotels, this swimming pool is big enough to do laps. It is one reason I LOVE staying at this hotel. It is kept at an excellent temperature for swimming or playing = not too cold, not too warm.

Internet access was free at the business center until this most recent trip. The old computer was replaced with a newer flat screen model and now they require credit card input and charge after five minutes. I was very disappointed to see the loss of this customer service amenity.

The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable everytime I've been there.

PARKING charges are less than other hotels ($9). I find the whole parking charge thing at Seattle Airport hotels to be a complete RACKET. I wish there was a way for customers to revolt. (Ironically .. the two star hotels usually offer FREE parking to guests!!)

This hotel is close to Denny's so if hungry it's easy to pop over and get a salad or snack for far less than the hotel restaurant.

Comments