Homewood Suites by Hilton-Downtown

Homewood Suites by Hilton Seattle Downtown
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

• hoofhearted's Profile Photo

Great view, convenient location

Nice little weekend stay in a 2-room suite, just a few minutes from downtown. We love the Homewood Suites because you can really unwind, with more space than a standard room.

Unique Quality: They offer convenient, secure garage parking.

More about Homewood Suites by Hilton-Downtown

Off the beaten path...

This hotel was OK. It is a ways down along the sound - about a mile walk to civilization through an abandoned office/ warehouse district that the city is trying to enliven with lofts - doesn't look like it is working yet. If you are staying for several days and can make use of the kitchenette facilities, it would be a better value. Room was clean & updated. Have caution when paying extra for water views - this may only get you a view through the crack between two buildings. Good, full breakfast (including eggs, sausage). OK but limited (treadmills, free weights, stairmaster) exercise room at street level (not all that cheerful).

Great place to stay...

I stayed at the Homewood Suites Nov. 27 - 29, 04 and loved the place.
Front desk staff was very nice, helped us with directions and places to eat. Our room was huge. very clean. Parking could be a problem (free parking on the street) we instead paid $9.00 a day for the underground parking at the hotel. The free breakfast buffet was so so. If any thing was wrong that would be it. Location wasnt the greatest, but within walking distance of the space needle, need a taxi or car rental for Pike's Market and other downtown attractions. Would stay there again the next time.

Clean and great breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member BornToTravel

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during a business trip that I had. It was close to the Space Needle. There was not much else within walking distance however we were driving everywhere so it did not matter to us. We had a nice view from our window. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The breakfast was a deluxe continental that included eggs and sausage. We would stay here again.

good value

by TripAdvisor Member westphillyboy

Good value. Reasonably close to space needle and other attractions. Staff was very pleasant & willing to help with directions and places to eat. Although construction was going on, they tried hard to make our stay comfortable. Breakfast and exercise room led much to be desired. However, the overall stay was good. I would stay here again.

OK Stay, but there is a Difference in Units

by TripAdvisor Member patsyannie

We recently stayed in this hotel for one night and returned a few days later for two nights. The units were vary different. I was staying on Hilton points so I did not pay for either stay. But, what a difference in units.

My first unit was huge with a large king size bedroom, a large hallway with a large living room with a lovely coffee table in front of a quality comfortable sofabed. The kitchen unit was like a galley kitchen. This end unit had two large windows overlooking the bay (between buildings).

On my return, we had a standard unit, near the elevator. It was a bit noisy as you could hear people coming and going. This unit was about a third the size of the first unit. It had two queen size beds in the bedroom with a very uncomfortable (as in I am not sleeping on this) sofa bed.

There is an expanded continental breakfast available. We were not there for the Monday through Thursday manager's evening expanded snacks. There are limited snacks that can be bought at a area near the front desk.

A large Safeway is about a 10 minute (uphill walk away). The kitchen is not really set up for serious cooking since they lack a oven, but there is a two burner stove top and a microwave and a refrigerator. There is a toaster, coffee maker, plates and a few pots and pans.

The staff was friendly and quickly shared an umbrella when we were walking with the threat of rain. They were very response to calling taxis. This site is a bit away from the downtown area, but fine if you have transportation, don't mind walking or calling a cab.

There is a free washer and dryer on site by the exercise room. The exercise room has two tv's, step machine, different bikes, and weights. It is in the lower basement area and is accessed by a key card. However, at night I would want someone with me as I washed or exercised. There was a fire alarm during our stay that required us to exit the building. However, we never heard what had caused the fire.

Nice hotel in a quiet area, but not downtown

The first thing to note is that it's a stretch to say this place is in downtown - it isn't, it's about a 15 min walk out along the bay.

That said, it's still a good hotel with relatively easy access to the downtown area and it's only a short walk to the exhibition site (Space Needle etc.)
It is hilly though, so anyone with mobility issues may need to look elsewhere unless transport is readily available to them.

We had a room with 2 queen beds right by the elevator and the only noise we noticed was the a/c unit which seemed intent on coming though the wall.
The room was clean enough except for dirty patches on the carpet. The only problems were the a/c unit (working but you know it, not enough to change rooms though) and one of the cooking rings was broken (never use it anyway - I'm on holiday!)

The area was quite nice with a couple of good bars and restaurants close by along with the Safeways 5 mins away (including a Starbucks of course).

Service at the hotel was quick, friendly and knowledgeable. They were always willing to give advice and call a taxi etc.

If it wan't for the slightly out of the way location, we would definitely go back. If there were no closer option, I wouldn't complain.

Oh yes, if you want a nice day out, take the ferry to Bainbridge Island ($6.50 return, 35 mins or so.) Nice little island, good views of the city across the bay. Hire a bike for an hour and have a look around, but bear in mind this place it isn't particularly flat either, never mind what the guide book says!

4 happy women

by TripAdvisor Member eat my dust

We were here 4 days and 3 nights..I wish it had been longer. Service was wonderful. Room bigger than some apartments ! Best location..close to clubs and waterfront. The bench out front was a great place to sit on a summer evening. I will go back !!

Good with some 'reservations'

by TripAdvisor Member MrExecTraveler

Spacious, and a friendly staff and good cleanliness allow me to rate 4 bullets instead of three. It is rather basic on some levels - the soundproofing is not good, the individual wall a/c & heat units are loud, there is only basic TV reception+HBO, and you can't really "cook" in the suites, but rather just "heat things up." It would be very helpful to longer stay trevelers (the purpose of this concept) if they had a Foreman Grill (since there is no oven or broiler) and expanded TV stations. And I always think these places are better to have NO greenery in the rooms than cheap, artificial ficus and ivy plants.

On the plus side, the lighting is good, the mattress excellent, foam pillows and Starbucks coffee pods. Plus the bedroom has a good, easy and softly lit clock radio. Towels are very good quality, and bathroom products are small but decent, excepting very cheap and scratchy tissues.

The complimentary high speed internet access is WiFi only. For those who don't have Wifi, there is a (slow) modem. The voicemail system allows you to add your name to the room voicemail only - no outbound message.

Location is a $7 taxi ride to the center city or an appx 2 mile walk.

Loved this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member melaniew

This hotel had all the conveniences of home. Including a free dinner and beer/wine reception in the evening! Well worth the money I spent. Will definitely be back.

Comments