1000 First Avenue, Seattle, Washington, 98104, United States

Hotels.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

• For all Your Technology Savvy Travellers

I recently stayed at the Hotel 1000 Seattle for a business trip to Seattle WA, and was extremely impressed with the comfort of this hotel, but mostly how technological up-to-date they are. This hotel is completely wired into technology but also provides a smoothing and relaxing atmosphere right in the heart of downtown Seattle.

More about Hotel 1000

by TripAdvisor Member sahedges

Spent 3 nights at Hotel 1000 in early June. No complaints. Our room was fun, very funky and modern, as was the entire hotel. Watch out for the automatic charges on the in-room mini-bar...if you remove something for more than 30 seconds, it automatically gets charged to your account. Parking costs $30 a day, but the valet guys were great, and it was nice not to have to worry about finding a spot ourselves. They have one computer available with free internet access in the business center on the first floor. Although the uniqueness of this hotel's design made it fun to stay at, we would not have paid the premium price for this if it wasn't for the location. We thought the best thing about this hotel was where it was located. We walked everywhere - including the Space Needle. Considering other hotels in this area were as equally expensive, we'd recommend staying here for a flavor of something different.

Hotel 1000 Rocks!

by TripAdvisor Member MelSanDiego

This was our second stay at Hotel 1000 - and a repeat of an awesome trip last October. We travel quite a bit and love to stay in "cool vibe” places. And Hotel 1000 is definitely one of these places!
Just a couple of small, minor negatives on this trip. First of all – when we checked in, we were given a handicapped room with two beds (though had requested a king). And of course this means that there was no awesome tub in the room (one of the main reasons we stay at Hotel 1000). We termed it the expedia room. One of the beds looked like someone had kicked back on it (was even a crumpled brochure on the bed). We called downstairs and let the front desk know that the room just wouldn’t do - - and though we waited about 20 minutes for someone to come up – they finally did, and moved us to a much nicer room (though we were charged about $38.00 additional per night on our bill at the end of our stay – and not notified that there would be additional room charges) But the new room was great – and have no complaints there at all (was happy to have the tub!!)
We did have to wait a very long time to get our car out of valet (close to 45 minutes and finally gave up and grabbed a cab) – but a lot of patrons at Boka were doing exactly what we were doing – going to see The Police in concert – and it jammed up valet. The valet was very apologetic and said our valet fee for the night would be waived. (And it eventually was – though I had to call the hotel after I left as upon later review noticed the $30.00 charge was indeed put on our end bill).
The staff was great – very friendly and accommodating. The spa is amazing – you must ask for Laurel for a massage (she is absolutely awesome!) We ate each morning at The Studio – and it was very good and the staff service was excellent. Boka is a must as it is a delicious restaurant. And when you first come in to check in – you definitely must have a cup of refreshing iced-mint tea in the lobby!

My new favorite Seattle hotel

by TripAdvisor Member AEC in SF

I am a fussy girl when it comes to hotels, and Hotel 1000 exceeded my expectations in every way. Gorgeous rooms, comfortable bed, friendly staff. LOVE the bathtub that fills from the ceiling.

Great hotel, one of my favorites!

by TripAdvisor Member HSnell

We stayed at Hotel 1000 during our trip to Seattle in May. The hotel is one of the best places we've stayed. Upon our arrival, we were offered an upgraded corner room, with views of Elliot Bay and Mt. Rainer. The upgrade was an additional fee, but much cheaper than listed on their website rates. The room was very roomy, with a king bed, seating area with both a full size sofa and oversized chair. The rooms has a flat screen LCD TV that is mounted and can be moved toward the bed or the seating area. The bed is very comfortable, a must for me. The TV also has artwork (classical or abstract) which is a nice touch. The bathroom was very large with a nice glass enclosed shower, free standing tub and separate water closet.

The staff was extremely helpful and provided us with information for our daily activities. The front desk staff sent champagne and strawberries to our room, knowing it was our anniversary. The hotel lounge was nice and the bar/restaurant was quite busy everyday, however we only ordered drinks and did not eat.

The fitness room is small, but clean and well equipped. I had a couple services at Spaahh. The spa is small, but modern and the staff was very friendly. My husband enjoyed the virtual golf course located in the hotel. He was able to "play" the back 9 at Pebble Beach for $30 fee (1 hour).

Location was great--only a few blocks from the Market , the Seattle Art Museum, the waterfront and from Pioneer Square. We were able to easily walk to Safeco field (not a short walk, but not too far).

Won't stay here again

by TripAdvisor Member shanrick

June 7, 2007
If you want to stay in a place with an attitude that say’s.“We are better than every other Hotel so we don’t have to care about our customers.” Than you have found the right place, Hotel 1000 in Seattle, are on the high end snobbiness with an attitude to go with it.
In April 2007 for our 30th wedding anniversary, my husband booked us at the Hotel 1000. He was intrigued with the room as the bathtub fills from the ceiling. He also booked a room because he wanted me to have a nice bathtub to enjoy for our anniversary. Remember the bathtub was the whole reason he booked with this hotel.
We went to dinner, returning to the hotel room around ten that night. I went to fill the bathtub and all we got was cold water. Because it was late, I thought the hotel was out of “Hot water” so I just decided that I would go to bed and use the bathtub the next morning. Thinking there would be hot water then
The next morning there still was no hot water for the bathtub and the knob fell off the wall into my husband’s hands. When this happen I said, to my husband “When you go to get your coffee, well you stop by the front desk and tell them about the water?” Within minutes he left the room to go to the front desk. I stayed behind waiting for him to return and to take a bath. When he returned, I asked, “Are they sending someone up to fix the tub?” He replied No, the woman at the front desk said I should have called last night?
From what he said, the lady at the front desk could have cared less that we had a problem. So when we got home a week later, I wrote a letter to Brian Flaherty Vice President and General Manager to date ( April to June). I have not heard a word from this hotel, not even. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.
Their lack of caring is what upset us. Had they just sent a person to our room to look at the bathtub, I would not be writing this letter. But the attitude was “well we got your money, so what are you going to do” At $300.00 for one night, we will spend our next anniversary somewhere else. I’m not a complainer but this hotel really upset us only because they did not care about us as customers. There are many more wonderful Hotels in Seattle, I would rather to stay at. This hotel is beautiful and the Valet guys are great, but next time I will stay where the customer is valued.

Would stay again in a heartbeat!

by TripAdvisor Member jenjen99

For a recent weekend getaway to Seattle, my boyfriend and I decided to live the high life and stay in a top notch hotel. After a LOT of research on the best hotels in the downtown area, we settled on Hotel 1000. Through Travelocity.ca, I was able to book a Parlor Suite for less ($350 CAD) than a regular room (approx. $350+ USD). Fueled by the excitement of the bath tub that everyone kept raving about, we couldn't wait for our trip.

And it didn't disappoint one bit! Having read on the hotel's website that not all suites had the bath tub, I called ahead to request a room that did. I also let it "slip" that it was our anniversary, and not only were we greeted with a "Happy Anniversary" when we checked in, but we also found chilled champagne, a plate of strawberries, and a thank you note from the hotel in our room.

The suite itself was massive - literally larger than my apartment (which may not be saying much, given that I live in downtown Vancouver...but it was around 600 square feet). We entered via the sitting area, which had a comfy couch, large coffee table, desk, mini bar with Starbucks coffee and tea, and a 40" plasma TV. We didn't use the VOIP phone to call anyone, but it was fun to play with - you can even request your car from the valet through the touchscreen display. Other cool things at the hotel included a doorbell that housekeeping would ring (no annoying knocking!), virtual golf downstairs (which we didn't try, but walked down to check out), and the sleekly designed ice bins near the elevator that didn't distract from the modern decor one bit.

The bedroom "area" is on the other side of a wall, and featured a king sized bed with incredibly smooth Thai sheets, two really comfy bath robes, another 40" plasma, and a really wonky mirror that had circus-like qualities (don't look in it unless you're incredibly secure with yourself!). But the bathroom was definitely the piece de la resistance, with a stand up shower, toilet (which was in a stall with frosted glass walls and had an odd soundproof quality to it), Molten Brown products, big sink area, and plenty of towels. The bath tub, of course, was the best part of the bathroom. Water streamed down from the ceiling with amazing force (but no splashing), and there wasn't an annoying faucet in the way. Perfectly built for two, we were able to enjoy our strawberries and champagne in utter style, and even my boyfriend - who would never admit to taking a bubble bath - said it was amazing. Having booked the room for the whole weekend, we of course took another bath the next day!

Valet, while somewhat expensive, was incredibly convenient, offered in and out priviliges, and the staff was friendly and attentive. We ended up walking to pretty much everything though (even back from the Space Needle), since the location is so great - just a few blocks away from Pike Place, and really close to a number of amazing restaurants (we went to Union Retaurant and Il Bistro, both of which I would really recommend). We took the Monorail to the Space Needle/Experience Music Project, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you've never been on a subway/above ground train before (it cost $2 - or $4 for a roundtrip, which really isn't a deal at all - the system itself is slightly archaic, and the ride was literally 2 minutes long).

I don't mean to ramble, but I just wanted to rave about this hotel (it's actually the first time I've felt the urge to write a review)! I've been to Seattle a number of times over the years, but this was hands down the best hotel that I've ever stayed in. I've stayed at a few upscale hotels in various cities around the world, but this one is definitely the perfect one for people who want someplace a little funkier, trendier, and dare I say - high tech!

Thanksgiving 2006

by TripAdvisor Member BonvoyageWestLinn

The Hotel1000 is the newest and most sophisticated hotel that I have visited in Seattle. As you park on 1st Avenue you will be greeted by one of their attentive valets who will assist you with your bags and then park your car. Although you pay a premium to valet park it is well worth it if the weather is rainy and miserable.

Our next encounter was with the front desk. I had reserved rooms directly with the hotel. My parents, from the east coast, we travelling with my family. We opted for a deluxe room w/o a view and I reserved a room for them with a view of the city. This was the only time that I encountered a member of their staff behaving rudely. I asked to have our rooms on the same floor and if possible nearby each other. The staff stated that they would try to accomodate us but couldn't guarantee. I later learned that they only had 23 rooms booked as it was Thanksgiving. They were expecting a much larger crowd over the weekend. It was not necessary to be condescending as I was not asking for any type of upgrade, etc.

Nevertheless, the rooms were outstanding. The descriptions on the web page as well as other travel sites is exactly true. Contemporary, well lit, comfortable, etc. Molton Brown products in the bathrooms, as well as a unique bathtub. The rooms, however, our small so keep this in mind for the number of people in your party. A few kinks to work out with the tv and phone, but eventually resolved.

Look for nice little touches throughout the hotel. Small bags of ice in a hidden storage unit near the elevator. This is a nice clean way to keep ice in your room. Coffee and pastries in the library. The lounge near the front of the hotel.

I would certainly recommend this to both the business traveller as well as pleasure trips. Keep in mind, if you need some quiet time, opt for a room near the back of the hotel, away from the street noise.

Enjoy!

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member DilbertAndFriends

This hotel is located centrally between Pioneer Square and Pike Place Market and is in the free ride bus zone of Seattle.

I arrived by train and the hotel is a 5 block walk from the train station. As the train arrived early morning I was not sure if they would have any rooms available so early yet the recptionist gave me a room upgrade into waterfront view room.

The room is big and everything in is just a cut above other hotels I have stayed in. The main feature for me was the bath which filled from the ceiling.

The only other feature of the hotel that I used was the business centre for internet access.

The only thing to be aware of is that the the hotel is quite a distance from attractions such as the Space Needle, EMP and Duck Tours. If you want to get to them then you will need to get the free bus to the Westlake Centre and then either pay on another bus or get the monorail.

The hotel is in the middle of the free ride bus zone so getting around to most places is easy and free.

If you want to get to the waterfront then the easiset way is to go one block down and use the bridge across to the ferry terminal, this is quicker than trying to cross the other streets to the waterfront.

Super, marvelous, spiffing!

by TripAdvisor Member hotahope

I'll definitely be back. This is the best hotel I've stayed at in Seattle. We got a really good rate on Expedia. Great rooms, especially if you can get one with a view above the 8th floor. The virtual golf range is excellent fun. Boka, the restaurant is average, nothing to rave about so I'd advise eating elsewhere. The gym is also reasonably well equipped with a few machines, free weights and cardio equipment.

Comments