2000 Fourth Ave., Seattle, Washington, 98121, United States

Hotels.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Costs 90% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• RAINBOWWINGS's Profile Photo

So Central

What a great find. This hotel is so central to everything. Just 200 yards from Macys department store. 200 yards from the Monorail. Buses at the door. Seafront downhill about 1 km.
    A small boutique hotel with over friendly staff who were so very helpful. Nothing was ever too much trouble for them...and if they couldnt answer the question..they rang someone who could!
    The rooms , called suites, were spacious, modern and very comfortable with a desk area and a small kirchen area with coffee maker, fridge etc. A huge walk-in dressing room/wardrobe with safe was so handy.
    The Reception area was buzzy and lively but up on the mezzanine floor overlooking the entrance it was quiet and comfy with free WiFi.
    Handy entrance straight into Lolas restaurant and bar

Unique Quality: Central to everything.

Directions: 200 yards east of Macys

• jonastyPDX's Profile Photo

Too Cool for School

Location is fantastic, but be assured that you will not be as "cool" as the front desk staff at this scandanavian botique hotel.

A bit pricey for what you get, but worth it if you like nicely appointed furnishings and staff with more style and 'tude than service.

Unique Quality: Operative word here is hip. There are flat screen TVs and DnB music everywhere, and the deocr is too cool for school.

No room service, but plenty of options for eats in the neighboorhood.

There are two options in the "lux suites" -- one that has a regular sofa and one that has a sofa-sleeper. We needed one with a sleeper, but they gave us one without. We had to go back and switch.

The plug for the iron and coffee maker didn't work.

Directions: south edge of Belltown near the downtown shopping mall.

• Shizuka's Profile Photo

The Claremont hotel
    Good...

The Claremont hotel
    Good service, traditional European style room.
    2000 4th Ave. Tel 206-448-8600

Unique Quality: Good srvice, traditional European style room.

More about Hotel Andra

The Hotel Andra, perfectly quiet and comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member KLP

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Andra in downtown Seattle, in FEB 2005. The hotel room looked exactly like the pictures presented on their web site. I wanted special teabags and they were provided to me within minutes. I saw no maid service the entire weekend I was there yet my room was cleaned everyday.

If you like a hotel that has very little activity except the front desk, valet and concierge, this is the hotel for you. If you like all of the business of a big hotel, this is not for you.

The Hotel Andra is very quiet, in a very good section of the downtown, has a restaurant/bar attached and a bakery across the street and is within walking distance to the Market, Space Needle and plenty of shops and restaurants.

Loved the Andra

by TripAdvisor Member perfection1972

This is my 2nd time staying at Hotel Andra and once again I was extremely pleased with my stay. My room (a king suite) was spacious, modern and very comfortable. The front desk was helpful with everything I needed and the hotels location is excellent. This is the only place I will stay while in Seattle.

Great New Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member travelgalTheWorld

Dont miss this new hotel in Seattle. What a renovation, sleek style but very warm and inviting. Excellent service, friendly staff, very clean. Rooms are great size with big plasma TV's. Two restaurants to pick from, Lola and Assaggio, we tried both and they were excellent.
Best hotel in Seattle, we will be back, thanks!

Had hoped for more

First of all, the location of the Andra can't be beat. Walking to nearly every sight in Seattle was a breeze. However, I strain to compare this "boutique" hotel to the others I have visited on the west coast. The amenities were lackluster, the weightroom seemed like an afterthought, and the staff was astoundingly incompetent and insincere. They seemed to know next to nothing about the property or the city, and the management seemed to be hiding out in some alcove behind the desk. Overall, if you have money to burn and are looking for a staff to challenge your patience, you will not be disappointed. Wether that equals a happy stay because of the location is up to you.

Not bad

The location is excellent, can walk to everything. Our room faced the street, and traffic noise was quite loud even with windows closed, in summer with window's open noise would be bad (don't believe they have air conditioning). Restaurant smells (onions?) were very stong in lobby and elevator - but didn't make it into the room. "Shag carpet stuff" on headboards a bit weird and not sure how they would clean it. Room large and well appointed otherwise.

Very Nice Hotel!

The suite was very hip and modern. I really enjoyed the flat screen T.V. and the comfortable bedding. Overall the decor of the hotel was great. The only bad thing was the size of the suite, the bathroom was disappointing, and the smell coming form the kitchen.

The Andra Recovers from a Near Miss

by TripAdvisor Member freak4diesel

We chose The Andra for a birthday-weekend getaway because of the serene, modern and upscale atmosphere -- something special, something different. We were sadly disappointed when roof construction noise woke us at 7 am on a holiday morning. The staff was courteous, immediately moved us to a different floor in an upgraded room, but I left with that feeling of uncertainty. Why would they let that happen?
My uncertainty was totally erased when I got a wonderful return letter from the administration stating the construction crew had broken their contract (hours of work). They even sent one of the hotel's luscious robes to soften the blow. I would certainly give them another try based on the great response we got.

Great Hotel Deals Before Christmas

by rmdw

I'm aware that often hotels have incredible specials before Xmas because few people are staying at the time. If you hear of such a deal in Seattle, say between Dec. 20th - Dec. 23rd, I'd much appreciate it if you could post it here!

Thanks,

Robert

by YVRDave

Going Friday, will look for a few

Gracias, amigo!

Hotel Andra has great deals:

by rmdw

Just check their website. 10% off constitutes a "Great" deal? Or did I miss something?

by madamx

A queen suite was about $200 for the time period you wanted; we booked the same room for about $400 this fall (though we had to cancel our booking because of a flight cancellation so we unfortunately never ended up staying there) I thought that was a good deal.

by amev

you can try priceline - sometimes it works out well. but it depends on where exactly in seattle you wish to stay. If you are willing to stay over by the needle it's cheaper but out of the way. I stayed at the holiday inn downtown and it was pretty nice - not rock-star, but worked out fine and they bumped me up to a suite for the 4 days.

to be honest, I don't think the holiday season is so great any more since so many people don't 'do' the holidays with families any more.

Ame

by rmdw

MadameX, I just couldn't see the same deals you're referring to. I'm going to wait a little longer and see if more stuff becomes available.

by YVRDave

Robert I have the Andra for 176/176/196
Warwick for 109/109/119
Lots of promo rates

by madamx

You have to actually pretend you're doing a reservation to see the rates, they aren't on their homepage. I was really looking forward to the Andra, but I'll guess I'll have to wait for another time. It looks like a beautiful hotel.

Comments