Hotel Deca

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Deca

Very attractive and affordable

by TripAdvisor Member aDCtraveler

We were very happy with our two modestly priced rooms. They were recently decorated with attractive furnishings, were quite large, had good views, and were quiet. Plenty of outdoor parking. Good and free continental breakfast. Also a coffee shop in the hotel for breakfast, but the free breakfast seemed to make the coffee shop unnecessary for breakfast. Many nearby, inexpensive restaurants catering to the University crowd. Its not close to downtown, but there are buses going that way. This is a great place to stay, especially if you have a car.

I'm a hotel snob and I LOVE THIS HOTEL!!!

I travel the entire west coast for business and this my FAVORITE HOTEL! I have to admit that the first time I stayed here I was a little skeptical of it being a Best Western. I'm definitely a hotel snob and I would rank this place right up with a Westin. The GM, hotel staff and restaurant staff are wonderful. The rooms are spacious and the suites are INCREDIBLE!!! Note though, that if you need high speed internet to make sure to request a room with high speed. Hotel is soon going to all wireless, so this shouldn't be an inconvenience for long.

Much more than expected

I have to admit, I'm very critical of hotels when I travel. This place far exceeded all my expectations. Excellent, engaging, well appointed rooms. All don't have mic, fridge and high-speed internet, but they are upgrading all rooms to offer this, and that's the option I chose. Everything worked great. Room was spotless, every day. The front desk staff was enthusiastic and very friendly, at all hours, and surprisingly accommodating. The one criticism (and I'm really stretching here) was that the maintenance staff had an annoying habit of popping on the elevator I was on, while carting along a very large laundry cart, making it difficult for me to actually exit the elevator. Weird complaint, I know, but it happened at least 3 times in 4 days and seemed an unnecessary inconvenience each time.

Great place to stay!!

by TripAdvisor Member cakimmer

I was very pleasantly surprised that a hotel, near Seattle, was so comfortable, cozy, AND affordable! The bed was just like those you find in hotels like the Westin and other "posh" places. It was very clean and made you feel like you just wanted to snuggle up for a great night's sleep and not wake up until the last possible moment! There's no charge for parking (unlike downtown Seattle) which makes it an even better deal. I/we WILL stay here again for sure!

Our new fave hotel in Seattle!

My husband and I stayed here on a Wed, Thur and Fri in April 2005. I chose this hotel because of the great reviews I'd read on this site, the photos on the website and the unbelievable price we got from Seattle SuperSaver (also a recommendation from this site). It was absolutely perfect for our needs. It was clean and stylish and parking was free. We arrived two hours before check-in and decided to go in and see if they'd let us leave our car in the parking lot a bit early.....to our surprise, they had our room ready and let us check in lickety split!
We were on the third floor so didn't have much of a view, but we didn't need one....we were out and about all day long. The bathroom was the same size as the one in our apartment, so while they may seem small to some, it was completely normal sized to us. My favourite part of the room was the chaise lounge which was perfect for watching tv before bed.
The cross street that the hotel is on (NE 45th?) was the perfect connection to the University Centre Mall in one direction (best mall ever) and to get to Dick's Drive-In and the Jitterbug Cafe in the other direction.
We will definitely stay here again.

Very happy!

by TripAdvisor Member dxm100

Very pleased with the University Tower. I'm a Seattle native and stayed here during my trip home last summer. It has a rather hip vibe to it now- stainless steel in th eelevators and blue flocking on the walls. The breakfast
buffet was better than average- a great selection served in the cozy fireplaced eatery in the lower level. The Tully's coffee adjacent to the lobby was a nice surprise- you can never drink too much espresso! The rooms on the upper floors have great views- mountains or Lake Union. The Ave (University Avenue) is only a block away- lots of shops and restaurants.

Room was on the small side but had a big walk-in closet.

The only thing I didn't like was having to put all my bags on a cart in the parking lot myself and haul it all up to my room. Would've liked a bellhop.

Great Seattle Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Temporary

I stayed here on a vacation, because I simply like the area around
UW. Very nice hotel, rooms are a bit small (and oddly shaped because of the building design). Handy free internet in the lobby, and walking distance to University Ave shops, the campus, and buses to Downtown.

Excellent choice in Seattle

Best Western University is an excellent hotel and great value for the money. Although not downtown, it is easily accessed off I5 (10 mins from downtown) and has free parking. The free internet terminals in the lobby are also good. The rooms are clean with newer furnishings and some nice views on the upper floors. It is definitely upscale for a Best Western... highly recommended!

Great Deal Great Hotel. You should stay here!

My boyfriend and I stayed the night here on a day trip from Portland. The University Tower was BY FAR the best deal we found in the city when you consider what you get. The rating says it's a two star. I work in the hotel industry and can say it's easily a three star. The staff is excellent and the building is well designed inside and out. The lobby is beautiful and includes free computer kiosks which were very convenient.

It's not right downtown, but it's a short drive away. Also, our specific room was miniscule but we paid only about 90 bucks for it! WELL WORTH THE SHORT DRIVE AND SMALL room. If you decide to upgrade to a suite this is the perfect Seattle hotel.

The good and the not so good

We stayed at the University Tower Hotel for 3 nights. The rooms are a bit small and the bathrooms have no place to put anything, we ended up using the bottom of the side table in the actual room. The rooms are decorated very nicely and the price was great, but the area was not good for walking around (at least for us 'oldies'). One street over are restaurants but more of a younger person's type area, we stuck out like a sore thumb. There is a shopping area about 10 minutes away that had restaurants and was the saving grace for places to eat for us. The deluxe continental breakfast was the best part, tons of pastrys, fruit, breads, cereals, muffins, hard boiled eggs, juices, you name it. You could be there a week and not eat the same thing every day. Our maid service was awful and we even tipped!! Forgot coffee two days in a row, did not vacuum where needed....just not great. So, the good and the not so good......

Comments