Hotel Seattle

Costs 38% more and rated 45% lower than other 2 star hotels

More about Hotel Seattle

A Seattle Story

by Ani4775

My husband Niel and I decided to take a trip to Seattle the second week of December for a few days. We landed safely in the evening and it took us a little bit of time to catch a cab to our hotel. Seattle was gorgeuse all lit up at night. The next morning our first stop was The Space Needle. The view was incredible and the elevator ride up is quite fast. Of course there is a Starbucks up there and of it was cloudy ,so the views were not that clear. Once we got back down we saw the first of many statues of Chief Seattle. After taking some pictures of him, we took the shuttle to the Westlake mall to look around and then got some lunch by Pike Market. Niel got a Salmon chowder and I got a seafood chowder for me. Both were very tasty.
We then decided to head down further to Pike’s Place Market and we saw the first Starbucks. The awning has a different drawing on it. The market it self has many floors and levels of various shops. You can find meats or produce, or knick knacks. Our favorite were the fish mongers; who are known to yell when they throw fish to one another. We then walked along the waterfront and stopped into various shops. Our first stop was in the Ye Olde Oddities Shop; where we saw
two naturally mummified bodies . We then walked to Pioneer Square and saw statue #2 of Chief Seattle. This was the first district to be designated as a historic site by the city. Pioneer Square was the site of Seattle's original downtown before the Great Fire of 1889. The next stop was the International District and it was more Asian looking than anything else with their architecture and the large metal green dragon. We grew very tired and tried to hop a trolly to go back to. However the trolly guy yelled at us saying he is on his break and we had to leave. Really how were we supposed to know he was on a break, since he had two other people in his car? So we just caught a bus(which is run on electricity) and went back to the hotel where we settled in for the evening with some lovely Thai food and a late swim.

Day Two started off with us getting a cab to try to find Kurt Cobain’s House. After 40 minutes with a confused driver we finally arrived. It was a lovely house overlooking Lake Washington. Even after 10 years after his death there are still people like us going to the house. After that experience we took a bus back to downtown Seattle and hopped on another bus to the Freemont section which was supposed to be hipper and my husband wanted to see the Freemont troll. After roaming around for a bit and bumping into a Statue of Lenin; we asked someone and they pointed to a bridge up the hill. Lo and behold we saw the
Freemont Troll. It is a sculptor created by the residents of freemont. We were getting hungry and Niel read in The Stranger about a place that serves Crab Melts. We are both lovers of seafood so we happily walked the three miles into the next town of Ballard to find the store closed. Luckily a few feet back was a place called The Totem House that had fried salmon nuggets. We never heard of it or had it before and we happily and hungrly gobbled it down. Mmmm. We found a bus and headed back downtown. We were quite lucky in that aspect to find the city of Seattle to have tons of buses. Niel and I grabbed some grub from the Westlake mall and settled in for the evening.
Our last day in Seattle we took the Underground Tour located at Doc Madsen's bar. Doc Madsen was one of the founders of Seattle and a good friend of the chief. If you do take the tour make sure Ed is your guide. He was very informative and funny! After that tour we ran over to Safeco Field and took the tour of the baseball stadium. My husband recommends that you do not have Art as your tour guide. Art was a bit confused. After that tour we had some yummy mexican in Pioneer Square and took a bus back to our hotel where we called it a night.
Seattle had tasty food and nice scenery if you could see past the clouds.

Pre-Cruise Hotel

by blondelakelover

There will be 8 of going on an Alaskan cruise in mid-August. The cruise leaves from Seattle. We will be arriving in Seattle 3 days early and are looking for a moderately priced hotel/motel that will be convenient to tourist attractions and the pier. Package deals would be great. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

RE: Pre-Cruise Hotel

by kikitoast

We stayed at the Hotel Seattle - Not a luxury place- European Style- Very modest but clean and the best of all- Convienent to EVERYTHING! Oh and CHEAP!We walked to all the attractions. In fact we walked right by the very same cruise you are going to take. Eat at Elliots before you go on Pier 26 (maybe pier 24) But The BEST Seafood- but not cheap.

HOTEL SEATTLE
315 SENECA STREET Seattle, WA 98101

Seattle Area: Downtown Seattle

Single Accommodation in Seattle

by AFCB

I am looking for any kind of Single room accommodation in Seattle as I plan to visit next month. The reason is that I cannot stand sharing a room i.e in a hostel, as I am a very fussy sleeper and hotel rooms would be just too expensive for a single. I have stayed in single accommodation in Universities during summer months ie UBC in Vancouver, but as far as I know there are no Seattle Universities which offer this.

by lmclaughlin1216

Try the College Inn - they have a single for $50 - right on the Ave neare UofW. I have not been there yet - just reserved for 2 nights in July. Had good reviews in a book and also on VT.

by YVRDave

There used to be a place in downtown Seattle called the Hotel Seattle that started at $59, I am not sure if it is still there. The College Inn sounds pretty good too.

by MonoBichi

Seattle University used to offer room rentals in the summer, give them a try. There are cheap motels along Aurora Avenue North--on many buslines--that are very cheap. I like the A-1 Motel, which is well located. The Marco Polo is a cheap one. Nothing fancy here.

I'd also recommend College Inn, see my page for a write up and link to their reservation page.

by nichole_521

I know you said you don't like hostels, but I believe that Hostels International have single room accomadations. It is walking distance to Pike's Market, the water front, ect. The price is probably reasonable, I paid $20/night for a shared room.

by AFCB

Thanks for all your replies.

I am now staying at Green Tortoise Hostel right downtown, where I can get a private double bed room to myself for $48 a night.

by alpinecow

sounds like you´ve got it figured out, but you could probably save some cash with a sublet . . .

Comments