Hotel Vintage Park - A Kimpton Hotel

Costs 102% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hotel Vintage Park - A Kimpton Hotel

Great Staff at Hotel Vintage Park

by TripAdvisor Member lacevan

We only stayed one night at Hotel Vintage Park, but in that short time I was extremely impressed with the helpfulness of the staff. The coffee service in the morning and wine service in the evening in the cozy lobby were nice touches. The room was unique and comfortable, however the bathroom was very small. All in all, this was a nice hotel.

Why the negative reviews? A great hotel!

I've stayed at the HVP several times with my wife with no complaints. I would not take our children there as we see this property as a getaway weekend hotel. The rooms we usually reserve are not large enough to accomodate all of us. A larger room exists and has a fireplace, but it is pricey and there's only one. There are other hotels for families in town, such as the Four Seasons-larger rooms are to be found there. Location of HVP is excellent, the rooms always clean, the staff cheerful and professional, parking (valet) efficient...and Tulio's restaurant has always been a hit. I had some trouble with reserving a room online a few years ago and called the hotel and got an outstanding rate. The wine reception is fun. For it's shortcomings (smaller property) I still rank it very highly for weekends away in Seattle.

This Hotel Saved Me From Being Sleepless in Seattle

by TripAdvisor Member VictoriaResident

Thank you to this beautiful hotel who saved me from the scariest hotel ever!! I called almost in tears from another hotel I was booked in to and the desk clerk found me a room and gave me a great rate even though the city was almost sold out!!! They even asked me if I preferred red or white wine and had my choice waiting for me in my room when I arrived. Now THAT is service!!! The room was huge and the decor was beautiful!!! I love this hotel and it is my #1 choice when I stay in Seattle. The staff are great and so are the door man. Great location, great rooms, loved it all, will be back!!!

A Perfect time!

We just got back into town from Seattle and I just wanted to express how wonderful the Hotel Vintage was for a vacation! I booked the trip in March of this year and right from the beginning I knew that our stay would be a terrific experience. Upon booking I asked to receive some information about things to do in Seattle. I went to my mail box two days later and there it was! The hotel staff was fun, helpful and very accommodating! The rooms were clean and the beds extra comfortable! We enjoyed a delicious cup of coffee every morning along with a newspaper. The afternoon wine tastings were a wonderful way to meet people from all over. Words cannot express how pleased and impressed we were with Hotel Vintage!

Rude hotel clerks

The hotel clerks were rude and not helpful with anything we needed. They would not go out of their way to help us. We needed transportation information and all we received were blank stares. We will never stay there again!

Definitely Worth a Try

Stay: June 5 - 8, 2004

Had fun. Nice people and good service; very quiet location; within walking distance* to Pike Place Market. First room was small but nice. Second time, paid a little more but room was worth the extra money. Went through Priceline, choose 5 star hotel.

*Downhill to Market/uphill back- and I do mean uphill

To the rescue...

My family sent my wife and I to Seattle for our anniversary to stay at the Fairmont, however the hotel double-booked our reservation leaving us stranded and offered no assistance to locate other accommodations. Thankfully my wife reminded me that when visiting San Francisco for holidays and shopping excursions, we typically stay at the Vintage Court, which has a sister, location in Seattle, The Vintage Park. Luckily, the Vintage Park was able to accommodate us in a beautifully decorated room. The surroundings effortlessly exude romance and warmth, staff remembered our names, the in house restaurant served a menu permitting us to taste the best that Seattle had to offer and the wine reception was something to help kick off the evening on the right note. Needless to say, my wife and I felt like honeymooners all over again.

traffic noise is loud on the 7th floor

We were suprised by how loud the traffic noise was in our room on the seventh floor. We were also suprised by the lack of services offered. No gym at the hotel unless you pay extra to go elsewhere. Parking was 26 dollars a night. The concierge was not around in the late afternoon or evening hours. I have stayed at nicer hotels with way more amenities for 30 to 40 dollars less.

HVP: Stellar service, convenient location, big thumbs up!

From the moment we walked in the door (held open by friendly, smiling doormen), we felt at home, at ease, and pampered. Each staff member we encountered was incredibly friendly and helpful; no snooty concierges here! The location was convenient for lots of shopping opportunities. We walked everywhere. I can't say enough about the staff. Everyone seemed genuinely happy to be helpful. They were equally attentive whether we were asking for restaurant suggestions, directions, or even our special requests. Also loved the very comfy beds, unobtrusive maid service, and Aveda amenities in the room. I would definitely return again and will recommend it to anyone who asks. Thanks HVP!

I'd stay here any time

As a frequent visitor to Seattle, I have tried a few hotels over the years. My husband and I usually stay in 3 or 4 star hotels, and Vintage Park was way way above my expectations. Except for the check-in clerk, who was slightly rude (perhaps it was efficency as check-in took no time at all), everything else was top-notch. I had requested late check-out: no problem and complimentary. Our room on the 10th floor had a wonderful kingsize bed and a very big bathroom with bathrobes and brand name toiletries (Aveda). The room decor was very elegant, with deep rich colors and an expensive look. Room service was impeccable, as was valet service. I like the location, you are close to everything but not in the middle of it all, walking distance to Pioneer Square, Pike Place Market, Belltown etc. My husband and I will definitely stay here again. The only place I have stayed at that is a step above is the Sorrento. But your wallet also has to pay more. I might not have to try any more hotels in Seattle after Vintage Park.

Example of a log cabin built during the Gold RushExample of a log cabin built during the Gold Rush

Main entrance to Pioneer BuildingMain entrance to Pioneer Building

pier 50 from Alaskan Way. Boats board and end.pier 50 from Alaskan Way. Boats board and end.

Jillian's includes many different gamesJillian's includes many different games

Looking for live music venues

by bubbles36

My boyfriend and I will be visiting probably in Sept for his b'day. He likes live music and a friend told me about an area where you can get a wristband and visit many bars. She couldn't remember where. Does anyone know what she was talking about? Also, looking for a boutiquey hotel that isn't too pricey. Any ideas?
Thanks!

RE: Looking for live music venues

by kcochran111

Your friend is probably talking about Pioneer Square. Especially on holidays you can buy wristbands that will get you into multiple bars/clubs in the area.

Some good live music venues in town are: the showbox, paramount, chop suey, the moore

Have a great trip!

:) K

RE: Looking for live music venues: Hotels

by lizilex

As far as hotels, you might like the Inn at the Market:

or the Alexis Hotel:

or Hotel Vintage Park:

The Alexis is closest to Pioneer Square. The Vintage Park has an excellent Italian restaurant, Tulio's, on the ground floor:

Happy travels!

RE: RE: Looking for live music venues

by LubaLorine

Inn at the Market is the best! It can be pricey, but I have received some good deals on occasion. Get on their email list and they will send special deals. You might also check out some of the local wineries for their outdoor concert schedules. I know that Chateau St. Michelle has an outdoor venue with a great summer concert program - it may be going on through September.

Enjoy!