1635 8th Avenue, Seattle, Washington, 98101, United States

Costs 42% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hyatt At Olive 8

Great experience at the Olive 8

by TripAdvisor Member boston02118

A colleague and I stayed at the Hyatt Olive 8. We had a fantastic stay. The positives: the hotel is new, so common areas and rooms are clean and fresh; the staff was friendly and accommodating; the hotel fitness center has to be the best equipped and in the city; the hotel restaurant - Urbane - served very good food featuring local ingredients; the location was great for us (we had meetings at the Sheraton - a couple of blocks away); the concierge gave us great recommendations for dinner (Dahlia Lounge at 4th and Virginia was excellent); the room itself was clean, good sized, with soothing colors and wood finishes. I want to thank Ian for taking good care of my sick colleague (he offered to bring her broth and checked in on her from time to time). Above and beyond the call of duty. Wan in Urbane was a consummate professional as well another waiter in Urbane...I forget his name - a tall fellow who talked about spending some time up in Alaska. Finally, the concierge (again, I forget his name) worked with us to get us reservations at Dahlia (his recommendation, which was fantastic as I mentioned). These folks and the rest of the staff offered great service. I stayed at the W in Seattle twice before. This is my new hotel in Seattle. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. My only pet peeve. Wireless at $9.99 per day. Hyatt should follow the lead of Omni and give free wireless to members of their loyalty program. Other than that, all that's left to say is "thanks" to the Olive 8 staff from the travelers from Boston.

Nice and Green

by TripAdvisor Member CalP0ly

I have been staying across the street at the Grand Hyatt, Tried the Olive 8 this time.

The theme is green, with sustainable woods used thruout. The lobby is very nice, My room was a one bedroom suite, corner. Was very spacious and perfect for entertaining or working. The only issue I had was with the 2 different AC units maintaining a consistent temperature.

The bedroom was nice, bed almost as comfy as the Grand Hyatt , The bathroom was spectacular, with a 9 inch flat panel TV embedded in one of the bathroom mirrors. The shower head was ceiling mounted and luxurious, great Hyatt robes, flat screen TVs thruout..

I ate Breakfast Olive 8 restaurant and it was surprisingly amazing! Organic free range egg omelet with all ingredients locally sourced and fresh, it was simply the best tasting omelet I have ever had, I wish I had ate dinner here as well.

Location is superb for shopping or sightseeing, loads of things in walking distance.

If you can secure a good rate here compared to the wonderful Grand Hyatt across the street, give it a shot, or at least come over for breakfast!!

Nice Hotel... But was charged for the room 2 times...not cool! Watch you credit!

by TripAdvisor Member meta4iklyspeakin

My adult daughter and I stayed at ay Hyatt at Olive 8 befor an Alaskan Cruise. Check in went well and we were able to get into the room early. We had paid through Hotels.com and were asked for a credit card for a small deposit of $50.00. Room was beautiful and very comfortable. We had a room with 2 beds and we were very happy overall but would have liked a bath tub instead of just a shower. The staff were very friendly and all in all it is a nice hotel.
BIG PROBLEM!!! After we returned home there was a $120.00 charge on the credit card. Knowing we had only ordered coffe through room service this was upsetting so When I called the Hotel and found we had been charged for the room again. We knew it was clearly in the computer that we had paid through Hotels.com since they told us that at check in. We stayed on May 23,2009 and this matter still is not resolved, on May 1 and 3 phone calls later to their billing department I spoke to a rep that told me the money would be credited back to my account still on June 12 no money has been returned to me. I called the billing department again I was promised a phone call back the same day. NO CALL BACK YET!!! NO MONEY EITHER!!!
Though the Hotel is nice whom ever charged us for the room 2 times needs to know the error of their ways and God Forbid that anyone has to deal with the billing department.
In closeing I will only stay at The Hyatt at Olive 8 if their NOTHING else available
in the City an I will only use cash for my stay and deposit since they seem to like to help themselves to money that isn't their's and that as of yet not credit it back!

Beautiful, comfortable rooms and amazing breakfast!

by TripAdvisor Member faerdla

We stayed at Olive 8 for just one night, to celebrate an anniversary. We booked an amazing deal online that included a $50 gift certificate to Pacific Place (shopping center across the street), discount at Macy's, free breakfast for 2 at Urbane (or in our case, room service), and free access to the spa (pool, hot tub)...all for $250.
The room was immaculate and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and room service (breakfast) was great...from a beautiful presentation to the delicious food, and exactly on time.
We used the pool and hot tub - pool was a bit cold but perfect after a couple laps. There was construction in the ladies locker room so it wasn't accessible but the spa employee was very nice and apologetic and gave me a robe to use. It was not crowded at all, especially since we had the place to ourselves during most of our stay.
This was a truly wonderful stay and I would definitely stay here again. Great bargain!

Unexpected Gem

by TripAdvisor Member NewtotheNorthwest

To get away for a night to celebrate our 14th anniversary, my wife and I left our kids with a babysitter and stayed at the Hyatt at Olive 8, only about 4 miles from our house. We thought about staying at one of the well-known, swanky boutique hotels in town but opted for the Hyatt because it was more reasonable and yet got good reviews. We could not have been more pleased that we chose the Hyatt! The hotel building is beautiful inside and out and is LEED certified. The room was elegant -- not huge but not cramped. The restaurant was absolutely delicious -- and original. For example, the breakfast spread in the cafe portion of the restaurant had the best yogurt we have ever tasted; they make it themselves. The pool and spa were beautiful and relaxing. All of the service -- from the servers in the cafe to the concierge to the spa attendants to the bellmen -- was everything you'd expect at a Four Seasons, without a hint of obsequiousness. We would definitely come back for another stay and will recommend it to visiting friends and family. A great value!!

Overall unpleasant stay

by TripAdvisor Member Tp100

We stayed at this hotel because they overbooked us at the Grand Hyatt just accross the street (we booked three and a half months in advance but had a late flight in and were the last guests to check in). So they put us in this one guaranteeing it was a great hotel. I immediately noticed that it was a contemporary hotel not exactly kid friendly for our two and a half year old, but had no other choice. I have to say that the recaptionist, concierge, bellmen and room service were extremely nice and pleasant. Two things however left a very bad impression: two days in seven housekeeping didn't show up before 4 pm ( I kept the privacy sign until 9.30), so I ended up doing our own beds and with wet towels). The most upsetting though was that they have an adult only lap pool but my housband arranged with the employees at the spa that we can come with our toddler. So here we are with a happy kid already walking into the pool when some sort of manager showes up saying he was not allowed, no matter what our previous arrangement with them was. So I end up with a crying disappointed child and broken promises. If that woman were a true professional she would have let us stay and would have delt with the employees that let us in in the first place, not kick us out.

Friendly, Green and Clean in a great location

by TripAdvisor Member udubmom

This hotel was a wonderful surprise. We live in a suburb of Seattle and like to stay in the city when going to late night events, so we have stayed in all the 4 star downtown hotels. We will be staying here again. Wonderful, friendly service and a great room service breakfast included. Just steps to the best downtown shopping, and theaters.

by TripAdvisor Member friscocat

I stayed at this hotel for three nights in May. The location is very convenient and within walking distance of attractions, shops, and restaurants. Service was very good. The room is well-designed. The fitness center is relatively large, and the restaurant is nice. Room service is expensive, but there was a 20% off promotion during my stay that made it more reasonable. My room was not ready when I arrived around 5:00 p.m., but the staff was very apologetic and had the room ready shortly thereafter. The room was also pretty quiet.

I used Seattle Tours (seattlecitytours.com) for a city tour and a Mt. Rainier tour, and I would recommend them. They have small-group tours using mini-coaches, and the Mt. Rainier tour included optional hiking and snowshoeing. I also did a day trip to Victoria on the Victoria Clipper, and that was also nice.

Decadent Stay

by TripAdvisor Member agiustino

Wow! I am truly a picky traveller when it comes to hotels and this place has all the comforts of a 5 star hotel. Travelled with 3 girlfriends for the weekend and we were more than comfortable sharing a room. Everything seemed new, they checked us in early. We all used the pool, steam, sauna etc each morning. The changeroom had a ton of towels available and amenities for your use. The fitness room was one of the nicest I've seen at a hotel, lots of equipment and space and a large room for yoga etc. We ordered room service and it was prompt and 25% off. Our only complaint was the cheese lady in the lobby could use some people skills. Overall its a great hotel within easy walking distance of shops and belltown.

Comments