Lake Union Cottage

58 East Boston Street, Seattle, Washington, 98102, United States

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • I would not recommend staying at this inn

I would not recommend staying at the Lake Union Cottage in Seattle, Washington. I booked a month long reservation at the Lake Union Cottage for the month of May this year, and due to work had to cancel the reservation in compliance with Lake Union's cancellation policy of 30 days prior. I have contacted Kelly Coker, the owner, multiple times and she will not return my emails or calls and will not provide a refund for my deposit of $2,500.

I find it disappointing to see a B&B owner treat customers poorly who follow the inn's reservation and cancellation policy and are not treated honestly. Given the owner's behavior I would suggest delisting her cottage from this site.

More about Seattle

The Crabpot's famous seafeastThe Crabpot's famous seafeast

The Fremont RocketThe Fremont Rocket

Scheme Map of SoundTransit Routes at Bus StopScheme Map of SoundTransit Routes at Bus Stop

House Smoked Salmon and Angel Hair, $18House Smoked Salmon and Angel Hair, $18

visitor

by lethav

We are going to go to seattle in September. My friend has been told about Alki
beach from me and I promised to take her there. One problem.....We will be taking the train from Portland to Seattle therefore we need to know how we can get there transportation wise. I so not want to drive....is there any other way? Thank You. We will be staying downtown Seattle.

Seattle water taxi from downtown to West Seattle (Alki)

by wavesport

The water taxi is scheduled to operate until October. It'll take you from downtown Seattle to West Seattle. Alki beach is a short walk away.

Travel Tips for Seattle

saving some $$

by raevnzno

Buy a CitiPass. It will get you admission to the zoo, aquarium, space needle, harbor tour, science museum, and the flight museum. At about half the cost if you buy them seperately. If you have a large family, or if you are planning on doing 3 or more of these activities this will save you loads. The citipass can be purchased at any of the locations and is good for 7 days. Fondest memory of this trip will be my 22 yr old daughter getting tickled at a road sign and laughing for about 4 hours. Remember when you were little and got the giggles, and your parents wanted to wring your neck, cause everytime you finally settled down something new would set you off again?? All I can say is "Chico Way Chico"

Go to the Pike Place...

by kiwi25

Go to the Pike Place Market!!!
It is open every day and is full of fresh flowers, fruit and veges, fish and heaps of local crafts.
You can spend a long time just wandering around watching people and checking out all the stalls. Finding a NZ/Australia store. It was GREAT!!!
Especially when you are from NZ because they have lots of candy etc from home.

Chinatown

by mht_in_la

Sorry I don't have a photo for this tip. I usually do, but Seattle's International District was small and quite a disappointment that I didn't take one photo.

International District is Chinatown. Don't know why they changed its name; maybe they tried to be politically correct. Given the booming Asian population and influence in the Pacific Northwest, including a Chinese American Governor in the state of Washington, I was expecting a bigger, or at least more lively Chinatown. Perhaps they all moved to the suburbs for a political career.

If you have seen my other pages you'd know visiting Chinatown is my hobby. Later in my trip I travelled to Canada and saw more interesting Chinatowns in Vancouver, Victoria, and even Calgary.

"It's In The PI" Globe, atop near-waterfront tower

by glabah

The Seattle Post-Intelligencer newspaper had a 146 year tradition of delivering news to Seattle residents and those of the surrounding area. Sometmes stories would appear as far south as our local paper in Portland, Oregon.

While not very tall, the PI globe, with the rotating caption that says "It's in the PI", is very close to the waterfront, and therefore is still a prominent feature from certain vantage points. Even with all the much taller buildings, the fact it is along the waterfront makes the PI globe stand out.

It is especially prominent at night.

Unfortunately, in recent years, the PI has moved to web based delivery only, and there are vacant paper boxes scattered all over the city, even now, well after the paper has ceased publication of its paper edition.

Christmas Lights

by Carnation

Candy Cane Lane We drove over the north side of Seattle city. There is a small residential area where all the people decorate their houses for christmas and advertise/invite everyone to come and walk about and enjoy the colourful array of lights and designs. They also have a donation bin where you can donate canned goods etc for the needy.

Comments