4114 Aurora Ave. N, Seattle, Washington, 98103, United States
Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about Seattle

Sign Marking Entry for Toulouse Petit KitchenSign Marking Entry for Toulouse Petit Kitchen

Fender Stratocaster used to record "Louie, Louie"Fender Stratocaster used to record "Louie, Louie"

Post AlleyPost Alley

you can get one of these for $6.88 incl. tax hereyou can get one of these for $6.88 incl. tax here

Puget Sound Bird Guide and/or Store?

by glabah

Here in the Portland area, it is possible to purchase a book called "Birds of the Willamette Valley", which helps in identification of birds one regularly sees in our area. It is a bit better than, for example, Stokes Guide to Western Birds, since it only features the birds likely to show up in our area - there is no need to sort through species that never make it past the Rocky Mountains, etc.

Is there such a localized book available for the Puget Sound area?

Also, in our area, you can purchase such guides and other sources of useful information in stores such as our Audubon Society store, the Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge store, and the William Finley National Wildlife Refuge store. What is my best bet for finding a store similar to those in the Seattle area? (I have written tips on all three of the previously mentioned stores, should you wish to see more information about the type of store I am looking for).

Thanks for any information.

by IanMacPhail

Whilst in Seattle we visited the Barnes and Noble store on Pine and 7th. They have a huge collection of local books and guides. I had a quick look at their web site and found a couple of books. Birds of Puget Sound and Birds of Seattle and Puget Sound.
I wish I had looked for them while there, my wife would have loved them. :-(

by glabah

Thanks very much. I was hoping that there might be a place with somewhat more local focus, but Barnes & Noble will work. I'll have to take a look when I am up that way next.

by IanMacPhail

I know what you mean, there must be a little independent shop in Belltown with some valuable but forgotten classic book. :-)

by glabah

Ah, here we go. Don't know how I missed this before:

Looks like they are well north of downtown, but at least they have a store and probably what I am looking for as far as local experience.

Travel Tips for Seattle

Great Value!

by leebee1

If you are planning on going to several of the cities attractions, I recommend buying the super pass. It costs about $40, but gives you entry into the following;
science centre
space needle
aquarium
museum
zoo
and a harbour cruise.
I'm pretty sure you can purchase it at any one of the above mentioned venues. Most hotels have broshures for it anyway.

I know it is a touristy place,...

by Jonurse

I know it is a touristy place, but the Pike Market is great. I never tired of going there. You just can't beat fresh produce, seafood and meats! I'm biased...I met my fiance there, so most of my memories are fond ones! What do I miss the most? I miss the water, smelling the sea early in the morning as the fog lifts, those clear days when you see the mountain, and on really rare occasions the days when you can see both mountains! Being out on the boat on the Sound on clear days...

The IMAX Xperience

by abhijits

There are cinemas and there are multiplexes and then there is the cinemas .. man that is one dark place where i dont want to be with my girlfriend coz contrary to her usual complaints she will complain about not getting enuf attention .. the screen and the sound fx are mindblowing ....i had the chance to see Apollo 13 in the Boeing IMAX theatre ...TOOOOO GOOOD .....

Places to snap nice scenic photos.

by archan4698

In order
1.Alki area of West Seattle, you can see all of the downtown, first hill, queen anne area layed out. Seattle looks alot bigger from this snapshot(mine coming soon)
2.On the back of a ferry to Bainbridge island. Its a nice side trip if you like biking, exploring around, and if its sunny you will have a great photo.
3.On top of Queen Anne Hill dark, cloudy, slightly rainy cool, foggy mornings on the way to class with a mocha in my hand, headphones in my ears, avoiding people asking me for change. Yep thats an average winter morning....

Seattle's Best Coffee

by goingsolo

Coffee shops are everywhere in Seattle. There's a reason why the Starbucks chain started here. Maybe its the weather, but you can't walk a block without seeing a coffee place or two. In addition to the big chain, Seattle's Best Coffee, another national chain which started here, is pretty popular and there are dozens of small cofffee shops and espresso stands lining the streets of downtown Seattle as well.

Comments