Marriott Residence Inn Seattle Downtown Lake Union

Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union
ResidenceInn.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

• mcuriel's Profile Photo

Room with a View

The Marriott was our home away from home in Seattle. We like to stay in suites with kitchens if possible when traveling so that we have a kitchen for making some of our meals. We even cooked delicious crab from Pikes Market one day. We originally booked a one-bedroom suite, but were upgraded to a two-bedroom suite when we arrived. Our room had a large deck with a beautiful view of the Space Needle, Lake Union, the marina, and the sea planes taking off & landing.
    There was also a complimentary breakfast buffet each morning and the trolley stop was very close by. We were able to ride public transportation to get to many places around the city.

Unique Quality: Great views of the Space Needle and/or Lake Union.
    Complimentary breakfast buffet and public transportation close by.

More about Marriott Residence Inn Seattle Downtown Lake Union

Nice Experience at the Residence Inn Lake Union

by TripAdvisor Member akbunti

Just returned home from a week at the Residence Inn where I attended a conference.

First impression was that it was a bright, clean and well maintained hotel with a large atrium with kind of a minimalist Asian flair in the decor. Good impressions continued right along for the rest of the stay. Staff were friendly and helpful, and the extra touches were there, 24 hour coffee and tea, warm cookies several times a day at the front desk, popcorn for your in-room microwave, etc. Free hi-speed internet in the rooms, and lots of fluffy pillows on the comfy beds.

Nice oversized suites with somewhat small tub/toilet areas, but sparkling clean and nicely appointed. I was worried about noise or smell from pets as I shared the elevator with some sharp barking dacshaunds, but once they were in their room I couldn't hear them--thank goodness. If I hadn't seen them I wouldn't have known there were pets in the hotel. I did see other well behaved pets later in the week.

I had room 509...lake view, didn't pay extra. I enjoyed watching the bustle of the busy lake, and didn't find it noisy unless I opened the sliding glass door to go outside on the balcony. There was road construction, but again, I couldn't hear it unless outside.

Terrific breakfast buffet, nice managers reception on Wednesday night, and housekeeping kept my room spotless....even did the dishes I dirtied one night. On the day I left, front desk staff even scrounged me up some tape and a box to ship the conference stuff that wouldn't fit in my suitcase back home. Front desk printed maps for us of the areas we were heading too, and the shuttle driver knew his city and was very informative.

Our whole conference was at the hotel, and all services were very nice. We used the shuttle to go to several areas of the city, including Seattle Center, Pioneer Square and Queen Anne.

I would definitely stay there again. I do not know the rate that was paid, but having stayed in other Seattle locations, this is an obvious terrific choice.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member Seatopaz

We have stayed at this hotel several times and keep coming back, due to the quiet, large suites, shuttle service and lake views and usually friendly staff.

However, this time we stayed for one night . We were given a great two bedroom suite, second floor, wrap-around balcony, BUT in the morning the front desk staff would not give us an extension from the noon time to 1:00 pm, which is okay. BUT they made sure we heard them talking about us at the front desk reception when we left the room at 12:20 pm (I waited with our luggage in the lobby area while my husband got the car).

The manager should know better than to criticize guests in front of everyone and not have the courtesy of 1) phoning us to make sure we were leaving soon and give us a warning of an extra cost if we were not; 2) not to talk negatively about any guest in front of others. Behind our backs the manager stated that he was considering charging us for the 20 minutes we took to leave the room! If he was so desperate for the extra expense, then why didn't he contact us by phone???? No warning, nothing, just plain rude. This left a very bad taste in my mouth.

The main thing to remember is that the rooms are clean, large and comfortable. There is a free breakfast, a pool and free parking around the corner, if you don't want to pay for parking. Overall, staff are frankly, quite friendly and do their best to accommodate their guests. This was one unfortunate visit.

excellent stay

by TripAdvisor Member albertafamily

Book this hotel back in August for a November stay,someone at the marriott hotel website made a mistake and had the web price for a two bedroom lakeview suite at $29.00 instead of $229. I jumped on it and booked it and thought I might get a hassle over it but instead the front desk staff were impressed at the rate I had recieved and happily checked me in.The staff were very friendly and the shuttle driver was excellent taking us to the downtown area whenever we needed him,of course a tip seemed to help with that.The hotel itself was clean and comfortable with a extended buffet breakfast. I would stay here again when in the area.

Nice home away from home

by TripAdvisor Member Bebrbabe

This hotel is a great choice for the money: convenient location, nice amenities, extra large large, well-appointed suites. The whole property is very well kept and neat as a pin. I concur with other reviews that the lakeside rooms are a little loud with the road noise (we also could hear our neighbors talking next door at 5am our first morning here!) but throw a pillow over your head and you'll sleep right through them both. Also agree that the bathroom (toilet/tub area) is one of the smallest I've ever seen! Fortunately I"m not a big person because you have to get out of your own way to even close the door. Also on the small side: the hotel pool, but the exercise facility is extra-large. Several restaurants are right across the road or within easy walk along the water. Among them I'd highly recommend Duke's Chowder House !! The food was up there with the best seafood I've ever had. Service was terrific, prices were reasonable and its a nice casual/comfortable atmosphere for us weary travelers. Overall I'd definitely stay at this place again.

Nice Hotel, But Can Be Noisy

by TripAdvisor Member JIMCHI

We stayed in room 310 and paid a premium for a "lakeside" location. While the room was spacious with a separate living room, the hotel is across a fairly busy street from Lake Union. The view of the lake was limited at best and I wouldn't call it a particularly beautiful lake in any event. There is a seaplane base on the lake and we were disturbed at night by planes taking off. They are apparently building a streetcar line in front of the hotel which could well add additional noise.

The hotel offered the standard Residence Inn breakfast and also offers a free shuttle every 30 minutes to a number of points in the Seattle area, including the Space Needle.

Other than the noise and a limited lake view, we were happy with our stay.

Relaxing and Delicious Breakfast

We stayed for a weekend get-a-way and it was perfect!
First of all, they allow dogs which is wonderful since we didn't want to leave my pet behind. For a dog hotel it was immaculate.
The hotel is very clean and has a peacefully quiet and up-to-date interior. We had a beautiful view of Lake Washington. It was very quiet, we didn't hear the traffic or the neighbors. Restaurants are literally across the street. For those staying for cancer/hospital treatments, Fred Hutchinson is right behind the building and they offer free shuttles.
There are some delicious restaurants on the water. Our favorite is Siam (Thai Food) which is within driving distance further down. Blue Water Bistro also has delicous food!
The staff was incredibly friendly ( as all of seattle is totally friendly and laid back). They were very helpful especially when I left my bathsuit after we had checked out. Everyone went above and beyond to try and locate my stuff.
My favorite thing by far was their complimentary breakfast! It is so hard these days to get anything for free and their weekend breakfast is worth it. They had a waffle bar, fruit, yogurt, make your own egg sausage sandwich, cereals, mixed juices etc etc etc. Free Sunday Paper, Free hot cocoa, cider, tea and coffee 24 hours a day and Shockingly free internet hookup in your room.
Great pool and hot tub. Their work out room is also great. Most hotels have minimal machines but this place had several machines, television, and purified water. Only complaint was the sauna wasn't hot enough.
Other than that, the rooms were clean, bed was soft and comfy and staff was very helpful, and overall a very pleasant stay. We will definately visit again!

Fabulous staff & facility

by TripAdvisor Member AussieGator

I stayed here (lakeside room) for a conference, but came early for a weekend of sightseeing. Approx $30 cab fare from the airport. Even though this hotel isn't within walking distance to any Seattle sights, the hotel provides a free bookable shuttle to many, and the public metro bus stops right in front of the hotel to the University district or downtown (on the lake side) for $1.50 per ride. Unlimited weekend daypass = $3. Good value, as you can then ride to all the sights. Cab fare is approx $10.
No hotel in house bar, restaurant or room service, but plenty of restaurants a quick walk away. Kitchen in suite also. Fantastic complimentary breakfast (even waffles!), coffee at all times. Staff are fabulous. Helpful for sightseeing. Clean, fresh, spacious hotel.

Comments