Marriott Seattle Waterfront

Travelocity Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 87% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• davequ's Profile Photo

Across the street from the piers & Elliott Bay

Relatively new / modern Marriott, if the touristy waterfront is your preferred location, and the Edgewater is either too expensive or just not your cup of tea, this is a good choice.

I prefer either the Westin or my favorite, the Edgewater, but I went in and checked this place out & talked to the staff.
    It's a decent hotel, and again, it's all about "marriott-style" amenities & the waterfront location.

Even with AAA or other special / corp rates you're still going to pay ~$200+/night, but Seattle waterfront hotel rooms are never cheap.

Unique Quality: As it is a Marriott, it is like all other Marriotts, Hiltons, Hyatts, full service hotels.

Two distinctions of this hotel are:
    the waterfront location; and the outside elevator on the south side that will take you from waterfront level and deposit you some 30 ft straight up at downtown street level, saving you a hefty climb if you were planning on walking up from the waterfront to downtown for some sightseeing.

Directions: On the east side of Alaskan Way on the waterfront. It is a huge Marriott, you can't miss it.

• suzyav8trix's Profile Photo

Expensive!! -- Only on an Expense Account

Beautiful, excutive-style hotel on Seattle's Waterfront. Expensive. $212 (with tax) a night (and that was Boeing's "special rate") in Sept 2004 for 3 nights. Breakfast was not included in the rate (which surprised my Australian and German friends). I did not eat any meals in the hotel restaurant, it looked ok, but again, expensive.

Front desk staff was business-like, if not a little daft. They were not very acquainted with the grayline shuttle service that is one of the only forms of public transportation that service this hotel other than taxis. For a hotel of this size and at this price level, I expected more "service". On the other hand, I asked the concierge where there was a store nearby that I could buy an eyelash curler. She offered me hers to borrow -- nice, but Yuck!

My room was gorgeous with a private balcony overlooking Elliott Bay. The room was very large and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom was not huge, but had a lot of counter space -- which I like to have when traveling.

Drinks at the hotel bar were also expensive. But you are a captive audience as there are very, very few places near by to have a drink. That said, they had an excellent wine list, many of which were available by the glass. And the pours were generous.

Even on an expense account, it's an awfully expensive place to stay. Getting to and from the place is expensive too. And it's not really convenient to anything other than the convention center and the cruise ship terminal. As beautiful as it is, I can't recommend. For the same money or less, the Westin, just one example, is more centrally located. The "waterfront" location isn't worth the expense, in my opinion.

Unique Quality: Fitness center & indoor/outdoor pool; Restaurant; Bar

Across the street from the Int'l Cruise ship terminal.

Also, across the street from a convention center, where my conference was taking place and the ONLY reason I stayed here.

PIcture is the view from my balcony -- nice, but worth over $200 a night? You decide.

Directions: Waterfront

• ccvisit's Profile Photo

Great views of the Waterfront

Walking through the Seattle Marriot Waterfront's lobby, you know you've stepped into an above-average hotel. Located on Alaskan Way, the building itself is U-shape with right angles, so most rooms have some view of Seattle's famed Waterfront. And from what I can see, most upper rooms had a balcony. Open the sliding doors and you can smell and hear the ocean.

Also, the famed restaurant called the Fish Club is a nice way to start your culinary adventures in Seattle.

Unique Quality: Right next to the hotel is the Seattle International Trade Center where I'm sure a lot of important business is done. There's also a Starbucks inside the Trade Center. Across the street is a place where summer concerts are set up. Also, along Alaskan Way, the Waterfront Trolley trolls along and it's a convenient way for you to get from your hotel to the central part of the Waterfront where you can start your day, but the Trolley does pass through Pioneer Square and ends in the Chinatown Int'l District.

Directions: If driving from SEA-TAC, you would most likely be on Hwy 5. Take the Seneca exit and drive towards the Water until you see Alaskan Way. Turn left. The hotel should be on your right hand side.

More about Marriott Seattle Waterfront

Seattle Marriott-- A Very Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ALRRM

My husband and I stayed here Dec 25 & 26 and thought it was a very nice hotel. Got a great rate of only $89 through the Seattle visitors burueau site and their Super Saver rates....we had a waterfront room. The room was large and the bed was SO comfortable! High-end bedding. There was also a nice comfy chair and ottoman in the room. Everyone on the staff, from the bellmen to the valets to the front desk, were beyond courteous--very freindly and helpful. $25 was a lot to pay for parking but with the low hotel rate it worked out OK. Finally, the location can't be beat as it is within walking distance to the waterfront, the ferries, the football and baseball stadiums, and great areas to explore like Pioneer Square and the Public Market.

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member sandy31

We recently stayed at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront and found the staff friendly and helpful, the rooms nicely furnished and the location within walking distance to several sights, including Pike's Market and directly across the street from Anthony's Fish Restaurant. We had a room with a small balcony and were able to leave our sliding door open if we wanted. We were on the club floor and the continental breakfasts and evening canapes were a very nice plus. We definitely recommend this hotel

Very Nice Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Kauai777

We stayed at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront the week of August 16th and enjoyed our stay very much. The hotel is not large, but is well maintained and in a great location. It is true that a train runs behind the hotel, but we did not hear any train noise inside the hotel during our stay. 5 minute walk to Pikes Place Market and 10 minute walk to downtown. We experienced superb customer service through out our stay. Concierge lounge was small, but nice. Only drawback was $25 valet parking, but there really wasn't another viable option and we knew this going in, so not a big deal. I would definitely stay here again.

Incredible Hotel and Unbeatable Location

My wife and I stayed at the Marriott Waterfront for 4 nights in September 2004. We were celebrating our 10 year anniversary and our experience was truly outstanding.

Our room had windows and balconies on two walls and overlooked Elliott Bay. From our room we could watch the ferry boats on the bay, see Mt. Ranier and enjoy the street scenes. The rooms are very well appointed, quiet and comfortable. The windows are made of thick glass and virtually soundproof the room from outside noises.

The staff was courteous and attentive. They always greeted us (in a very unobtrusive way) as we departed/arrived back from touring. All of our requests were fulfilled promptly, professionally and with a smile.

There is no need to rent a car as just about everything is within a short walking distance. Pike Place Market, the Space Needle, ferry boat terminal can be reached in a matter of minutes by foot. There is also a great trolley rail car with a station just a few steps from the hotel that can take you along the entire waterfront. We used the trolley to get to the Mariners baseball game.

Finally, the indoor/outdoor pool, hot tub and workout facility allowed us to relax after a day of touring the city.

In short this hotel had it all: great rooms, unbelievable location and a friendly staff. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hotel and look forward to a return visit.

great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member mig51

We stayed at the Marriott Waterfront hotel for three nights, Oct. 18-21, and enjoyed everything about it. We selected the Marriott because it is the newest Marriott hotel and we used our reward points, but would stay there regardless any time. We were given a choice of either the 2nd or 6th floor, but after reading posts of other reviews, we knew better than to select a room on the lower floors due to the trains. The 6th floor room had two double beds, so we requested and received an upgrade from the 6th floor to the 7th (concierce level) floor with a kingbed. It came with a center view of the waterfront. Acquiring high speed internet access for our laptop was easy and efficient; for $9.95/day you also received unlimited local and long distance calling, a definite plus. Everyone on the staff that we encountered was friendly and professional. The hotel was very convenient to downtown shopping and dining and Pike's Market; we ate twice at the Bell Street Diner across from the Marriott because we enjoyed the casual atmosphere and the food was great. There is an elevator outside the Fish Club restaurant that takes you up one street to the public parking lot. From there, it is only one block up and two blocks north of Pike's Place and within those two blocks are Tully's coffehouse and Etta's restaurant and several art galleries. We could have forgone the $25 daily parking fee because we walked everywhere and didn't need the car. It was altogether a very enjoyable and positive experience.

Location Location Location

by TripAdvisor Member gmbuylow

This Marriot hotel couldn't be in a better location . Imagine sipping hot Starbucks coffee on your balcony while watching seafarers enjoy Elliot Bay, or looking to the left at the magnificent Mt Ranier . The beds are the most comfortable I've ever sampled . How about those white glove breakfast buffets in the convenient " Fish Club " located next to the gorgeous lobby complete with a real fireplace and piano ? This Marriot can make a pauper feel they just switched places with royalty . Just outside the club take an elevator up to Pikes fish market ( what , 3 minutes away ? ) . Or the open air theater and Aquarium directly across the street with guests like Barbara Striesand -hello ! . Want to see the Space needle , ride the seattle ducks ( Awesome ! ) , or down the best Oysters at Three Coins ? We walked a few short steep blocks from the hotel both day and night and felt completely safe at all times . Did I forget to mention the old Shuttle train in front of the hotel or the Real Freight trains in back ? ( No, you cant hear them in your soundproof rooms ) . They even have a indoor pool that leads outside into the Seattle sunshine . This hotel was a $ 40.00 limo ride from the airport and a $ 10.00 taxi ride to the cruise ship . When we returned from the Princess Alaska cruise we stayed at the Marriot on a hill next to the airport and that was nice too . I would suggest this place to anyone . I cant imagine a more enjoyable stay elsewhere.

Not What Expected

I had a reservation for the Seattle Waterfront Marriot in Seattle and I went to check in and they said that my room was not available (I had a discounted room) and that I would have to pay the normal rate. After I had already made the reservation. They were rude and I asked my manager and he was just as rude. Though the hotel was beautiful I thought the customer service was poor.

Seattle (hotel and places to see)

by C_sharp_geek

I am going to NorthPacific .Net conference in Seattle, WA in the beginning of the next year and looking for inexpensive hotel in Seattle. The Conference will take place in Courtyard® by Marriott® Seattle (http://www.northpacifictechnology.com/Events.aspx) 11215 NE 124th Street
Kirkland, Washington 98034-4302 USA

The conference package includes visit to Microsoft Museum and Snoqualmie Falls(?), what else worth to visit in Seattle? I will be there only for three days.

Comments