3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Hotels.com Travelocity Expedia.com

Costs 96% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Next to the Monorail

I booked this hotel to stay the night before the cruise because it was within a distance that I thought I could walk to get to the Monorail. I also got the Cruise Package which includes breakfast and a shuttle to the cruise dock for $225. The concierge said they had a wheelchair I could use while I was there and helped me book a Town Car from the airport to the hotel.

Unique Quality: We got to the hotel and there was really SERVICE - they took our luggage and the whole nine yards. ($5.00 tip) We have a room with a little anteroom and two TVs - one in the couch area and one in the bedroom. The bathroom has a detachable shower head and a stool I can sit on to shower. We do look out on the air shaft.

Initially the internet didn't work, but after several phone calls I got connected. When we got back to the hotel after dinner, they had laid a bathrobe out on the bed. (Just one)

Directions: In the Westlake Center

• Jefie's Profile Photo

A lovely historic hotel at the heart of Seattle

The Mayflower Park Hotel has been around since 1927 (when it opened as the Bergonian Hotel) and it's one of the last privately owned hotels in downtown Seattle, which I thought was interesting. Our room on the 11th floor was not very big but it was charming and quite comfortable. The location is perfect: at the heart of Seattle's shopping core with plenty of restaurants and pubs nearby, a short walk away from Pike Place Market, and right next to the Westlake Center light rail station, which is great if you're coming from the airport. The monorail station is also right around the corner if you plan on visiting the Space Needle. There's a nice restaurant called "Andaluca" that specializes in Mediterranean cuisine, and they also offer really good breakfasts (see my restaurants tips). For happy hour or later in the evening, you can stop by Oliver's for a great martini and light snacks. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly, and free wi-fi is available in all the rooms. The only negative point I need to mention is that the walls were really thin - it wasn't much of a problem for us since we could hear there was a family with young children in the next room and they were all in bed by 8:00 pm. Also, we booked this room because there was a fall sale going on, and we were happy with the quality/price ratio - I'm not sure I would have been happy had I paid the regular fare, which seemed a little high. But overall we had a great stay at the Mayflower Park Hotel so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place!

Directions: Downtown Seattle, by Westlake Center

• Perfect for Girl's Weekend!

This hotel is perfect for us when we head to Seattle as it is so close to everything we need...shopping and resturants! The rooms are very comfortable. My husband and I did intend to stay one night but left after finding out that the classic single queen was $176 and SMALL...VERY small! I was completely disappointed as every other stay had made me feel like royalty. Request a room with a space needle view and your money seems all the better spent! I am nervous however as they were building another hotel between the Mayflower and that perfect view...will update later, we're going back in a couple of weeks! Olivers is a great little lounge to end a long day of shopping. They have AMAZING Lemon Drops! The concierge was extremely helpful in arranging extraordinary dinners to celebrate our trips, and they know all the resturants with free Limo service! When you walk in you'll find breath-taking arrangments of flowers, classical decor, and an all-around helpful staff. Right now they are also running a special that gives you a $20 gift card for gas for each night...every little bit helps! So all in all this is my favorite place as it is the perfect location for what we need, you feel regal staying there, and it is a great half-way point for dropping off packages before you head out for more shopping! It's connected to Westlake for goodness sake! Enjoy!

Directions: Westlake Area

• snmred's Profile Photo

Since I lived there I had my...

Since I lived there I had my own spot but my mom has stayed in The Mayflower Park Hotel right in downtown and has since recommended it to many friends for being friendly and helpful with great rooms and affordable. And since I don't live there anymore you cannot stay on my couch, that's gone too.
    Around $100 a night for double occupancy

Unique Quality: Charming and quaint

• MrGQ's Profile Photo

I guess I could always be safe...

I guess I could always be safe and just say the Hilton! But I assume most people on this site are looking for something umm 'different'!

Well for those adventrous you should try 'The Ace Hotel'. Its has 15 ft ceilings with nice decor! It is also the only hotel that I know of where you get a copy of the 'Kama Sutra' by your bed! It is for those couples who are looking for a romantic sexy long weekend! So please don't take your grandma there! Need I say more! :)

Another romantic spot is 'Domaine Madeleine' is another romantic Bed n Breakfast. Fireplace, Jacuzzis, larg beds and beautifully decorated rooms!Ohh and a healthy yummy breakfast in the morning after a long exhuasting night!!

Oooooookay Romeo how about something for me,my wife,five kidds and my mother in law?! Ahh .. well .. 'Emerald Inn' by Greenlake is an excellent spot. Great rates and a beautiful scenery! 'Hampton Inn n Suites in Downtown is also perfect for the 'TOURISTS'! It is close to the Space Needle and within walking distance from tons of resturants, shops and bars! Also the Monorail is within walking distance! Fairly priced in $90-$120 range.

Nico money is not an object! I want the best! Well then, you should stay at Mayflower Park Hotel. Service and rooms are above beyond. Expensive but worth the $$$$$.

I am a big fan of nature fan so I have to mention a spot to those who love the breath of fresh air, green trees and rivers and lakes! Try The Log Cabin Resort located in the Olympic National Park on the sunny side of Lake Crescent.A beautiful place to stay and relax.For more info on it checkout their website

More about Mayflower Park Hotel

The Mayflower Park Hotel is Outstanding!

Subject: Mayfair Park Hotel
Location: Seattle
Title: Mayfair Park Hotel is Outstanding
ID#: 3547496

The Mayfair Park Hotel completely surpassed our expectations. When we made our reservations we explained that we had never visited Seattle, that my husband is in ill health with mobility restrictions. We requested a Deluxe room, with a sitting area, which at that time was not available. Imagine our pleasant surprise when we arrived on June 1 to find we had been upgraded to a beautiful corner suite with separate bedroom. The hotel is elegant with the best trained, pleasant staff we've ever encountered. The hotel is perfectly situated right next to the Westlake Mall and the monorail to the Space Needle. We had planned to stay 3 days but my husband's health problems made it necessary to cancel the last night. The hotel was gracious and understanding, allowing us late check out. We would recommend the Mayfair Park Hotel to anyone looking for a truly magnificent experience in Seattle.

A TripAdvisor Member
Ft. Myers, FL

Terrible service

I flew to Seattle from Reno to see Audioslave perform and stayed at The Mayflower Park Hotel for 5 nights.

My first problem was with room service. They almost never pick up the phone and I always ended up calling the front desk to place my orders. I tried ordering coffee once, at 3 pm Friday and was told I have to wait until 4pm because the person there didn't know how to make coffee. That was a pretty strong statement, so I decided to go to the bar and have a drink and see how service is in there. Big mistake! Not only were the employees rude, but the Bloody Mary I ordered was filled to the rim with ice, which I hate. I asked for a glass to get rid of some of the ice and the bartender actually got mad at me!

The alltime worst incident came when I gave a maid $20 to clean my room, which I think is a lot of money for 10 minutes work and she told management I smoked in a non-smoking room, which resulted in a $120 fine, because she'd seen my cigarettes on the table.

Fortunately Audioslave was incredible and my trip was far from ruined but The Mayflower Park Hotel just isn't a good value.

Great Central Location

by TripAdvisor Member AtlantaKoko

This hotel is ideally located 4 blocks from Pike's Market and right at the beginning of the monorail line leading to the Space Needle. Also, there is a direct covered access to the mall surrounding the monorail station.

The bar of the hotel offers a great view of the street of Seattle, and fine cocktails.

The room was on the small side and did not have a safe even though it is offered at the reception for free.

The complimentary wireless internet access was a great help to do some research while in town.

A note: We do not know why but there was always a distinct scent of pizza in the hallways and the lobby area....... maybe from the adjoining mall and food court???????

Nice place, great location

by TripAdvisor Member stillmars321

Very roomy and quiet rooms. Nice service and extras. Close to everything... shopping, food, sight-seeing, the fish market is great. Beware non-smokers: the bar can get smoky at certain times, as well as most restaurants in the city. Call before showing up. This place is recommended.

Can't Beat the Location, But Not Posh

by TripAdvisor Member Olympia133

Yes, a great location for shopping-one can keep an eye on the stores from one's window! Easy walking to entertainment, Pike Market, restaurants. Helpful staff. Nice bedding.
But, no doorman, no bell boy, two small elevators that fill quickly, and turndown service at an earlybird hour of 6pm.
Because we were using gift certificates, the hotel would only give us a room at full rack rate ($125 more than what we could've gotten at the hotel's own website)-definitely not worth full rack rate.

Breakfast at the Mayflower Park Hotel's "Andaluca"Breakfast at the Mayflower Park Hotel's "Andaluca"

Oliver's Lounge at the Mayflower Park HotelOliver's Lounge at the Mayflower Park Hotel

Hotels near Pike Street

by catpause

Does anyone have a suggestion for a hotel in Seattle, Washington. My wife and I will be spending a couple of days visiting the city before leaving on an Alaskan cruise. There will also be several other families that will need the same. We will arrive around the 6th of July, 2006 and depart the 8th. Moderate price and walking distance/public transportation are a must. All help is welcome.

Thanks,

Randy

by MFAMILY

Hi

Try the Best Western at Pioneer Square. Pike is not that far away. The location is very good, in the heart of old town. Lots of nice shops, and conveniet transportation. Very good quality/price. Check the Best Western site.
Rgds
Maria

P.S.
In Juneau, Alaska, try a seaplane trip over Glacier Bay. It´s two fantastic hours!

RE: RE: Hotels near Pike Street

by LubaLorine

Whatever you do spend a couple of extra dollars and stay closer to Pike and the harbor. You will save money on public transport as you can walk nearly everywhere. Unfortunately you are arriving in July which is very high season for Seattle due to the excellent weather. I don't foresee you finding a very good deal at moderate price in this area. Just thought I'd warn you.

If you can, try to stay at Inn at the Market which is on the hill over looking the harbor and the Pike's Market sign. Just a lovely hotel with excellent service. I can't say what their rates are but if you have a family in a room (3-4 people) it might be within reason if you get a room on the city side (no harbor view from the room, but they have a public rooftop patio for all guests - gorgeous!). Best hotel for the money in Seattle in my opinion.

Good luck!

by Sunshine64

As Lorraine says, July is high season. In fact, doing a search on Expedia shows that some hotels are already sold out. Inn at the Market is a good recommendation. I stayed at the Mayflower Park hotel, although it was 8 years ago, but it was quite nice, and is a little less expensive than some of the other options in the area. You're looking at about $200 night for that area at that time of year.

by NFisher

If you are interested, contact me. I work for a company that finds group rates for groups of 10 or more sleeping rooms. If you e-mail me, I will work to find rates in Seattle for less than $159.00 per night. nancy_fisher@conferencedirect.com. Let me know if you are interested. How many rooms would your group need? I can e-mail you a spreadsheet of options.

Comments