1926 2nd Ave, Seattle, WA, 98101

Expedia.com Hotels.com Travelocity

• Homanded's Profile Photo

Affordable and Convenient to everything

After much looking around for affordable lodging in Seattle - very daunting, seems impossible at times - we came across very positive reviews about the Moore Hotel.
    Comfortable beds, good water pressure and very friendly staff.
    The only draw back is that it can get noisy at night due to thin walls and it's position next to two popular bars/night spots.

Some earplugs will take care of the problem

Unique Quality: The Moore hotel is a historic building attached to the Moore Theater which opened it's doors in 1907.
    You can easily imagine gentlemen and ladies dressed in the period clothes frequenting the lobby and rooms of the hotel.

The convenience of being able to literally walk outside the hotel door, down to the corner and 1 & 1/2 blocks away from the main entrance to Pikes market made it very worth it.
    Additionally, the inexpensive "Quick Link" system from the airport terminal to one of two stations located only 2-3 blocks from the hotel made avoiding what can be very expensive taxi ride ($40-45) to hotel a $2.00 transfer!
    Same when we returned to airport.

There are numerous restaurants, coffee shops, diners all within easy walk (1 - 2 blocks) from hotel.
    Free WiFi completed the package.

Directions: Downtown Seattle - corner of Virginia Street and 2nd Avenue

• Worst Service in All of Seattle

I booked a room at the Moore for a night. On the website, while booking, one of the very few amenities was free parking, a very huge bonus for downtown. When we pulled up to the hotel loading zone, I asked the front desk person where we could park. He said they actually don't have free parking but do have an agreement for parking up the street at a garage. I asked him if it was free because the website said it was.

He, very tersely said " Its not on the website." He turned his computer screen towards me and said "Where did you see it?" I told him while I was booking the room it was under amenities- he responded that I was wrong. I asked him if the parking was secure because we have had our car broke into right across the street.

His response in a very hostile tone was "I just went over that with you." I told him there was no reason to be assy. He promptly canceled my reservation and told me to go stay somewhere else. I apologized to him-(assy probably wasn't the best word to use but it did best describe his attitude)-he was the one being rude to me- and asked him to please not cancel my reservation. He told me to leave.

Apparently, The Moore Hotel doesn't believe in customer service and thinks that hostility is the way to treat people. The moral of the story is, I didn't stay at the Moore but my review is based on its front desk employee who was rude, hostile and should be let go. There are thousands of people looking for jobs, why would a business keep one who loses customers?

Directions: Just don't go!

• welbourn3's Profile Photo

Great Deal!

Besides the great price that the Moore offers, especially compared to other nearby hotels, the Moore has its own unique ambiance. It doesn't feel like another sterile, generic chain. Another plus is its proximity to downtown Seattle.

• bocmaxima's Profile Photo

For Seattle on a Budget

First off, you can't beat the location of this place. It's right on the edge of Downtown Seattle before the streets curve and you enter Belltown (a big bar/clubbing area). You're only a few blocks from Pike Place, Westlake Center (southern monorail terminus) as well as lots of restaurants and shops. You're also walking distance from Pioneer Square and the Ferry Terminal.

With all that said, this is not the place for you if you're the type to get upset at a singed bedsheet, a slightly dirty floor or an indifferent front desk clerk. Not that these are all commonplace at the Moore, but there are many other places in town which would most likely not have these where you could stay for $40 or so extra per night. Stay here if you need a convenient place to sleep, shower and store your stuff while in Seattle.

Unique Quality: LOCATION!

Directions: 2nd Avenue at Stewart Street

• suzyav8trix's Profile Photo

Best Price for the Location

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in Sept 2004 for $59 a night. This hotel is just STEPS from EVERYTHING you could want to see or do in downtown Seattle. If you are looking for a basic hotel room -- clean and comfortable and with your own bathroom -- look no further.

I have to admit, I was a bit suspicious of a hotel that could offer such low rates in Seattle, where $100 a night would normally be considered Inexpensive. So, as some of you know, I work for an airline and I went up to SEA to visit the Moore on a day trip one weekend before our stay. And I was pleasantly surprised. I took the city bus from the airport (the # 194, I think) for $1.25 -- which is possible to do, too, if you are on a budget and can handle your luggage on your own. A taxi to down town from the airport will run a lot more than that (never taken one myself but have heard $30-$50). Anyways, I went to the hotel about 1 in the afternoon figuring it would be quiet and it was. I told the front desk that I wanted to reserve a room in Sept but wanted to see them first and he gave me a key to go look at a room by myself and told me if I see a maid I could look in those rooms too -- he was the only person at the front desk and could not leave.

It's no Ritz, but it's clean and comfortable. We saved enough money by staying here to really enjoy ourselves and had some excellent meals while in SEA.

Unique Quality: The huge bathroom had a claw-foot bathtub. However, the towels were on the small side -- kind of like a Motel 6.

The room was large -- it had 1 queen bed, 2 chairs and a table and a nightstand and TV table. It had an operable window -- but our view was just another building and a parking garage.

Again, this is not Ritz, so the TV was small and did not have a lot of channels.

If you're only going to use your hotel room to sleep and shower -- this is plenty adequate

Directions: Downtown Seattle -- just steps from Pike Place Market, etc.

More about Moore Hotel

Moore hotel good value for Canadians!

by TripAdvisor Member cyclemans

Visited Seattle first time in August- to bicycle with cascade bike club up to Vancouver ( 180km).
The Moore hotel was clean and allowed my bicycle into the room- it was only 2 blocks from the Pike market which had all kinds of healthly foods. It is older but well kept, the fan they lend you helped with the road noise and heat. It is well priced for canadians who are spending candadian dollars. The young fellow at front desk was a pleasure to talk with.
I will be doing this ride each summer and staying at this motel.
It was an adventure cycling from the airport to downtown- midday is the ony time to attemtp this.
thanks again Moore hotel!!
Paul

I am faithful to the Moore!

by TripAdvisor Member sodiej

I am an East Coaster and an avid world traveler who visits Seattle once a year to see family. Every trip, I make a point to stay downtown a few nights and enjoy the city. This is my preference for lodging...I am faithful to the Moore Hotel! The price and location are phenomenal and I've come to love the quaint, personal style and service, not to mention the view from the upper floors! It is wonderful. I highly suggest it!

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Jane916

If you don't mind budget hotels and pretty thin towels, you will LOVE The Moore Hotel. It is very clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and it is within an easy walk to the market, and all other downtown locations. Parking is kind of a problem, but I think we could have done better if we had been smart enough to ask. We ended up feeding a meter several times a day and the cost to us for a 24-hour period was around $20-$24. As we were leaving I overheard the people at the front desk sending some guests to a parking lot that only charges $12 for 24 hours. We will definitely book our next stay at The Moore Hotel. You just can't beat the price and the beds are great!

Much better than we expected

by TripAdvisor Member NZSailfish

We stayed in August 2004 and after reading some of these reviews we approached the hotel with some trepedation. What we found was great. We had room 605 which turned out to be a comfortable sitting room (with kitchenette), a large bedroom and bathroom. It was quiet, light, airy and spacious. The location was perfect for walking to all the attractions and the many restaurants close by. After traveling thru the States for a month, this was the best value for money accomodation we had anywhere.

GREAT DEAL!!!!!

A great character hotel. It felt very urban yet friendly.
It was clean and quiet. I loved the old wooden doors and staircases and the view from my room was fantastic. I would without a doubt stay there again. So, if you want a cheap hotel, but more importantly, an interesting stay, then it's a great place.

Great Price & Location but a little noisy!

by TripAdvisor Member dmomoso

I chose the Moore due to both the price and location and was not disappointed by either. Location was a big plus; you are within a couple blocks of all the "touristy" things in Seattle, including the Pike Market, waterfront, downtown shopping centers. etc. Staff was very friendly, answered questions freely. Airport Shuttle from Sea-Tac was $21.25 each way. Price was WAY below other hotels in the area. There are a lot of restaurants in the area; but watch out as most of them close at 6:00PM!

This is an older hotel with the kind of problems you would expect. Noise was the biggest problem even though the clerk said I had one of the quietest rooms. As far as I could tell, my room was right across the hall from the shared bathroom for the "hostel" type rooms. All night long - doors slamming, people talking, etc. The walls were so thin I could hear people in the next room sneeze. Because they have no air conditioning, I had to have the window open and that created a whole new set of problems; birds, sirens, trash trucks from the alley, etc.

The room was kinda' cute! It had a table with two chairs and the carpet looked fairly new. The bathroom had an old clawfoot bathtub and the bed was comfortable. The room was very clean. However lighting was bad; I found it hard to read at night with the small lamp next to the bed.

Overall, I would say the hotel is pretty much what I expected and would recommend it, especially for a base for sightseeing in downtown Seattle. If you are comfortable at a "Motel 6" type place - this will work for you!

Moore Hotel reservations, water surcharge???

by LadyGallica

I found good reviews for the Moore Hotel, but I can't find this hotel featured on hotels.com, Expedia, or cheaptickets.com. So I visited their website and they state a water surcharge may be added because of a drought. A drought in Seattle??? I heard it rains for months. Can I only book direct? And what's up with the water surcharge? I can't find any info on the net to validate their claim. I just want to make sure I'm not paying an extra water charge for leaky plumbing.

RE: Moore Hotel reservations, water surcharge???

by wavesport

Last week, the city of Seattle lifted its summer drought water restriction because the Cedar River reservoir level is back up to normal. The hotel shouldn't be charging a water surcharge. If they do, ask the hotel "why?".

The weather forecast for the next seven days is clear, sunny, and in the 80's.

Comments