Moore Hotel

See Amenities
Homanded's Profile Photo

Affordable and Convenient to everything

by written on July 11, 2011

After much looking around for affordable lodging in Seattle - very daunting, seems impossible at times - we came across very positive reviews about the Moore Hotel.
Comfortable beds, good water pressure and very friendly staff.
The only draw back is that it can get noisy at night due to thin walls and it's position next to two popular bars/night spots.

Some earplugs will take care of the problem

Unique Quality: The Moore hotel is a historic building attached to the Moore Theater which opened it's doors in 1907.
You can easily imagine gentlemen and ladies dressed in the period clothes frequenting the lobby and rooms of the hotel.

The convenience of being able to literally walk outside the hotel door, down to the corner and 1 & 1/2 blocks away from the main entrance to Pikes market made it very worth it.
Additionally, the inexpensive "Quick Link" system from the airport terminal to one of two stations located only 2-3 blocks from the hotel made avoiding what can be very expensive taxi ride ($40-45) to hotel a $2.00 transfer!
Same when we returned to airport.

There are numerous restaurants, coffee shops, diners all within easy walk (1 - 2 blocks) from hotel.
Free WiFi completed the package.

Directions: Downtown Seattle - corner of Virginia Street and 2nd Avenue

Worst Service in All of Seattle

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 4, 2010

I booked a room at the Moore for a night. On the website, while booking, one of the very few amenities was free parking, a very huge bonus for downtown. When we pulled up to the hotel loading zone, I asked the front desk person where we could park. He said they actually don't have free parking but do have an agreement for parking up the street at a garage. I asked him if it was free because the website said it was.

He, very tersely said " Its not on the website." He turned his computer screen towards me and said "Where did you see it?" I told him while I was booking the room it was under amenities- he responded that I was wrong. I asked him if the parking was secure because we have had our car broke into right across the street.

His response in a very hostile tone was "I just went over that with you." I told him there was no reason to be assy. He promptly canceled my reservation and told me to go stay somewhere else. I apologized to him-(assy probably wasn't the best word to use but it did best describe his attitude)-he was the one being rude to me- and asked him to please not cancel my reservation. He told me to leave.

Apparently, The Moore Hotel doesn't believe in customer service and thinks that hostility is the way to treat people. The moral of the story is, I didn't stay at the Moore but my review is based on its front desk employee who was rude, hostile and should be let go. There are thousands of people looking for jobs, why would a business keep one who loses customers?

Directions: Just don't go!

welbourn3's Profile Photo

Great Deal!

by written on July 22, 2009

Besides the great price that the Moore offers, especially compared to other nearby hotels, the Moore has its own unique ambiance. It doesn't feel like another sterile, generic chain. Another plus is its proximity to downtown Seattle.

bocmaxima's Profile Photo

For Seattle on a Budget

by written on October 25, 2006

First off, you can't beat the location of this place. It's right on the edge of Downtown Seattle before the streets curve and you enter Belltown (a big bar/clubbing area). You're only a few blocks from Pike Place, Westlake Center (southern monorail terminus) as well as lots of restaurants and shops. You're also walking distance from Pioneer Square and the Ferry Terminal.

With all that said, this is not the place for you if you're the type to get upset at a singed bedsheet, a slightly dirty floor or an indifferent front desk clerk. Not that these are all commonplace at the Moore, but there are many other places in town which would most likely not have these where you could stay for $40 or so extra per night. Stay here if you need a convenient place to sleep, shower and store your stuff while in Seattle.

Unique Quality: LOCATION!

Directions: 2nd Avenue at Stewart Street

suzyav8trix's Profile Photo

Best Price for the Location

by written on March 28, 2005

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in Sept 2004 for $59 a night. This hotel is just STEPS from EVERYTHING you could want to see or do in downtown Seattle. If you are looking for a basic hotel room -- clean and comfortable and with your own bathroom -- look no further.

I have to admit, I was a bit suspicious of a hotel that could offer such low rates in Seattle, where $100 a night would normally be considered Inexpensive. So, as some of you know, I work for an airline and I went up to SEA to visit the Moore on a day trip one weekend before our stay. And I was pleasantly surprised. I took the city bus from the airport (the # 194, I think) for $1.25 -- which is possible to do, too, if you are on a budget and can handle your luggage on your own. A taxi to down town from the airport will run a lot more than that (never taken one myself but have heard $30-$50). Anyways, I went to the hotel about 1 in the afternoon figuring it would be quiet and it was. I told the front desk that I wanted to reserve a room in Sept but wanted to see them first and he gave me a key to go look at a room by myself and told me if I see a maid I could look in those rooms too -- he was the only person at the front desk and could not leave.

It's no Ritz, but it's clean and comfortable. We saved enough money by staying here to really enjoy ourselves and had some excellent meals while in SEA.

Unique Quality: The huge bathroom had a claw-foot bathtub. However, the towels were on the small side -- kind of like a Motel 6.

The room was large -- it had 1 queen bed, 2 chairs and a table and a nightstand and TV table. It had an operable window -- but our view was just another building and a parking garage.

Again, this is not Ritz, so the TV was small and did not have a lot of channels.

If you're only going to use your hotel room to sleep and shower -- this is plenty adequate

Directions: Downtown Seattle -- just steps from Pike Place Market, etc.

Nearby Moore Hotel

• Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet
  • Kitchenette

Seattle Travel Forum

Need advice about Seattle, Washington State? Visit the Travel Forum for Seattle and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Seattle hotel reviews