Pike Street Suites

1011 Pike St., (formerly Summerfield Suites), Seattle, Washington, 98101, United States
Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street
Hotels.com Travelocity Booking.com

Costs 64% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Pike Street Suites

Excellent place

by TripAdvisor Member propete

We got this place through Priceline, too, and were very pleased with everything it had to offer. Perhaps thanks to my Hhonors membership we got put in a suite (not a studio) which was spacious, modern and very well equipped.

During the weekend, we had no problem parking on the street - just had to feed the meter at 8 am Saturday morning. Monday we had to pay $25 to park in the garage, which is expensive but unfortunately quite normal for big cities.

Room was quiet, just like we asked for. I do believe that rooms facing Pike St will get a ton of noise from I-5 running just below in the trench. It had central AC/heat which worked ok. Water pressure wasn't adequate though and especially Saturday morning proved challenging when it came to hot water.

Breakfast is awesome! Waffles, cereal, breads, fruit, yogurt, eggs, granola bars, etc. Nicely presented, big area and good seating looking out on Pike St. Don't miss it, especially since it's included.

We'd love to return here next time we come to Seattle.

A Fine Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member tobeginwith

This is a fine, casual hotel that's centrally located.

A friend and I stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was basically like a one bedroom apartment, with a full kitchen and a small balcony.

The decor is hip and contemporary but not pretentious.

The breakfast buffet was great, too, with make your own waffles, yogurt, eggs, pastries, good coffee, etc.

All in all, highly recommended!

Awesome stay!

by TripAdvisor Member nitalp429

My sister and I stayed in room 526 - it was a one bedroom suite. Our friends stayed in room 510 - it was the one bedroom suite w/fireplace. it was very nice. Both rooms had balconies overlooking Pike Street. The views were okay. The rooms were still excellent and they hotel gives nice toiletries like mouthwash, neutrogena bath products, etc.

Breakfast was delicious! Much better than the Residence Inns' breakfasts i've had many times this year. The hotel is conveniently located near the convention center (more at the middle of the hill) and has a $19/night valent parking fee. The staff was pretty friendly.

I would love to stay here again! If you stay in Seattle I highly recommend this hotel!

'Great place for midweek stay

by TripAdvisor Member Brilyn5

We stayed here for three midweek nights, and loved it. Having a separate bedroom plus sitting area/kitchenette was great. The breakfast was better than most, and a light dinner with wine/beer was furnished each evening. While not inexpensive, it was definitely money well spent.

Perfect Convention Location

by TripAdvisor Member CdnMtnGal

I recently stayed here for a conference that was taking place next door at the Convention Center, and my husband tagged along to spend some leisure time in Seattle.

Location

The location is excellent for easy access to the Convention Center, but about a 10-15 minute walk from Pike Place Market. Having said that, I was able to walk everywhere I needed to for various receptions (at Columbia Center, Benaroya Hall, Seattle Art Museum) and for shopping (Nordstroms), and even Pike Place was a short pleasant stroll away. We were even able to walk to outdoor gear mecca REI in less than 20 minutes. If you are a tourist looking for a waterfront view, however, this location will not deliver.

Value

I paid a slightly discounted rate as a member of CAA/AAA, and the price included a studio suite with king bed and kitchen (full fridge, microwave, stove top, but no oven), a full buffet breakfast, and a light dinner on weekdays. The breakfast is standard buffet style, and does get a bit repetitious after a number of days, as there is no cooked-to-order omelette, unlike at Embassy Suites (another member of the Hilton family). But it is certainly better than most coffee-and-doughnut type offers from other hotels. I did not partake of the light dinners, but my husband did, and he said they were OK as well.

Service

This is where the hotel could use a bit more polish, but I suppose there is a reason that Homewood Suites generally rates below the flagship Hilton brand and its sister Embassy Suites brand. I had checked in a day before my husband arrived, and the day of his arrival, left the extra room key in a sealed envelope with his name on it at the front desk, explaining everything clearly to the front desk staff. The person took it and said it would not be a problem. But when my husband arrived, he had to phone me to see where I was, as the extra room key was nowhere to be found. Luckily, I happened to be in the hotel at the time, and was able to let him in. I wonder what would have happened if I had left something more important at the front desk? Secondly, we were given incorrect (i.e. slightly vague) walking directions to REI, which caused us to lose a lot of time on our stroll over there, and although this is a minor issue, I would have thought that hotel desk staff should be very knowledgeable about such things. (REI could, in fact, be considered a bit of a tourist spot given its prominence in the outdoor gear world.)

Huge room & great amenities, but noisy on the street side

by TripAdvisor Member GSC4ever

If you are at a meeting at the convention center, this is a great choice at a block away. The room we were given was huge. It looked like it could have been a studio apartment at some point. There was a full kitchen with granite countertops, plus a sofa bed, a king bed, and flat screen LG TV. The only negatives were the picture quality/cable on the TV was poor on network channels when we did want to watch at night, and since the room faced the street, there was constant noise from the interstate. Luckily, we are sound sleepers. BTW, construction on a light rail line next to the interstate will be starting soon. The daily breakfast is awesome. We took advantage of one cocktail reception. Free wireless internet.

Comfortable stay

by TripAdvisor Member megamushroom

We stayed at Homewood Suite in May to visit Seattle downtown. I booked through hotwire and charged me a hundred dollar for a night in mid week.

Drove down from the North on I-5. Within 5 minutes off I-5 will get to the hotel. Parking cost me $30 overnight, can't compliant in such location, would look for cheaper if I could. Stayed at room 804, with double bed and overlook Convention Center, no balcony luxury. Room was spacious and nice. With flat screen TV, free wireless internet, ipod sound system with the alarm clock function.

We used the self laundry, which only available in alternate floor, and each floor only got 1 washing machine and 1 dryer. The interesting thing was, there was an open hour for the laundry room from 6am till midnight. I just wonder if my clothes get locked when I start washing from 11pm. So I washed in the morning at 6am and went down to gym while washing.

Gym was small, a couple of machine and weight training area. When filled with six people it was packed.

Breakfast included in room rate. It was fabulous, with lots of choices, waffle, sausage, eggs, fruit salad and starbucks coffee with to-go cups!

Location was great. I took 15 minutes walk from Homewood suite along Pike street to Pike Market. Monorail can be easily reached.

Stupid front desk staff

by TripAdvisor Member paolov

The front desk person who checked me in ruined what could have been a perfect stay. I paid in advance for a 6-night stay knowing I had an early morning arrival and didn't want to wait for the 4pm check-in and even called them beforehand. When I got there, however, my room was still not available. So the front desk decides to put me in a standard room (not my reserved studio suite) without informing me and waited to find out if I should complain, to put me into the room I paid for! Needless to say she had to upgrade my room to make up for it. The rest of the staff and my stay was OK and uneventful but what she tried to do still leaves a bad tast in my mouth.

Good location, helpful staff, nice size suite.

by TripAdvisor Member sdhikergal

We stayed four nights at the Homewood Suites and were very pleased. The hotel is very clean and the room (with King bed) is a nice size. Plenty of room to spread out. The breakfast is not too bad, good combo of hot/cold foods and the evening happy hour/light dinner was passable. With so many good restaurants in Seattle, we chose to eat dinner out most nights. The shuttle to the wharf and other places of interest is a plus, but we chose to walk or take the free bus around town. The only suggestion I might have (if you are a light sleeper) is to ask for a room away from the freeway. The noise is definitely noticeable at night. The room was really cold when we got there and they sent someone immediately to fix the problem and checked on us later. We were very pleased with the hotel and would stay here again when visiting Seattle.

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member ECharlotte

Remarkably great for tourists, near the Pike Place Market & bus lines. Had zero construction problems. Rooms were clean, neat. Staff & Service were as expected.
Didn't like the ridiculously high nightly fee to park the car

Qwest Field, home of the Seattle SeahawksQwest Field, home of the Seattle Seahawks

Fremont's Statue of LeninFremont's Statue of Lenin

King County Water Taxi arriving from West SeattleKing County Water Taxi arriving from West Seattle

pier 66 on the ship side, without a ship therepier 66 on the ship side, without a ship there

Is there a train you can take into Seattle?

by teriboxer

Is there a train or some other public transportation to get from Marysville to Seattle?

Re: Is there a train you can take into Seattle?

by YVRDave

Amtrak has stops in Mt. Vernon and Everett on an evening train to Seattle and an AM train back

Re: Is there a train you can take into Seattle?

by yvr

From Marysville you can tale a direct service to Seattle on Community Transit. Route #421 runs in the morning and the afternoon commute hours. Otherwise you would take the Community Transit route 201/202 to Everett Station, and transfer to an express Sound Transit Bus route 510/513. Take a look at the Community Transit website for times from Marysville for route 421 or 201/202 and Sound Transit website for express times for route 510/513.

Comments