Quality Inn And Suites Seattle

Costs 153% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

More about Quality Inn And Suites Seattle

Can't Recommend

by TripAdvisor Member MSWMom50

My husband and I stayed at Quality Inn Seattle in April 2006 for two nights. We had intended to stay four nights but had to leave early due to illness. We plan to return to Seattle next year but I would not stay at this hotel again. It was quite shabby both outside and in and it does not appear that the hotel is kept up very well. I did not realize that the hotel was so close to busy roads and the window of our room looked out over the highway traffic. The room was very small, cramped with the bed taking up all of the space. The room was barely clean, not well furnished, the mattress old and the bedding sparse. We found the room to be rather depressing and the bathroom was also small. The elevators were unreliable. Although the parking was free, hotel staff could not guarantee that we would have a space if we left with our car and returned. This made us feel nervous about leaving the hotel with our car. The breakfast was very plentiful, more choices of food than I've seen at most hotels but the room was very crowded, unpleasant looking and it was difficult to manuever around everything. The layout of the hotel is awkward as well. It appears that the hotel needs a complete renovation. I learned a lesson from staying here that in the future I will pay an extra $20.00+ per night if necessary and stay in a place that has a clean, attractive and cheery atmosphere with rooms large enough to move around in. I did appreciate that when we had to check out of the hotel earlier than planned, we were not charged for the two nights we had planned to stay.

Good value motor lodge

by TripAdvisor Member tsl1965

I stayed here 1 Saturday night. This is definitely not a Hyatt Regency (where I stayed on business the night before), but it is good value for its class - it is conveniently located, clean, comfortable and affordably priced. This is an updated 1960s motor lodge - about 150 rooms on 3 floors, with plentiful free parking on the ground and lower levels. The desk clerk graciously gave me a complementary upgrade from a king room to a double queen room, when I asked to be on the back side of the hotel. The room was good sized, clean and comfortable. The decor was simple and bland, but the furniture was solid wood. The bathroom was small, but both the floor and one-piece bathtub set appeared brand new. The only downsides were that the small window unit didn't cool or warm the room very quickly, and the small window just looked onto the Travelodge next door. There is a free hot breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage and fresh waffles. The motel is right between the Holiday Inn and HI Express (on the other side of highway 99) and the Travelodge and Best Western. Route 99 can be busy and loud at times, and the area is a bit deserted but safe at night. The hotel is 3 blocks from the Space Needle, but there are no restaurants or much of anything in the area. Nice place to stay if you are just looking for a place to sleep while seeing Seattle.

Worst Ever!

The rooms were old, worn out and dirty. We were in the honeymoon suite and every time you shut the door the metal utility door fell off the hottub. I don't know if they have ever cleaned the carpets, our socks were black on the bottom in less than five minutes. None of the cleaning staff spoke any english and just forget about getting any help from the front desk. Half way through our stay I requested a list of the hotel charges to date and was told that the accountant does that and I would have to wait until the next day when they came in ( I guess they just didn't know how to do it and couldn't think up a better lie). The breakfast was good, however not nearly good enought to justify the rest of the nonsense. Save yourself the trouble and stay elsewhere.

Decent and great location

We used this hotel for a trip to the Nutcracker. I thought it smelled like old chinese food but the the pool, breakfast, and service was really good. The rate was good too considering we had 5 girls. I would say average.

You get what you pay for

If we had spent an extra $20 per night we would have stayed in $100 worth of a better hotel. Our family of 4 booked this hotel because it looked like good value and had a nice looking pool (on the website).

At $86 cdn per night, we really did get just what we paid for. We might have saved $20 each mornig at the complimentary breakfast, so that didn't leave a lot of wiggle room for the facility to provide the little things that make the stay pleasant.

We never did swim in the pool, it wasn't very inviting in person. Its location, next to the lobby separated the lobby from the rest of the main floor the windows looked out onto the adjacent freeway.
Staff and guests would regularly walk through on the deck in street shoes to get to the other side of the building. The hot tub was a residential type, placed on top of the pool deck. There are no changerooms.

Our room was very small, beds and pillows were old. the temperature is controlled by a loud A/C unit.
The Bathroom had recently been given a makeover. I was looking longingly out our window at the Holiday Inn Express across the street.

The location was good for access to Seattle Center, but a $7 cab ride was required to get downtown or out to eat. It's also dificult for cabs to access because its on the southbound side of Hiway 99.

Very Close to the Space Needle...

by TripAdvisor Member Ydnar

Basically we wanted the closest budget hotel/motel to Seattle Center that had free parking AND a free breakfast; these two features are worth probably $30/day alone (for a family of 4).

Parking was not a problem and there were a limited number of covered spaces as well. The breakfast is a full buffet and tends to get very busy about 45 minutes before closing (0930). Coffee is good, and bacon, eggs, hashbrowns, etc. make it worth the 5-10 minute wait.

The indoor pool/hot tub is nice, especially with kids, and is open 24/7.

The rooms are a little tired but include a fridge and microwave.

Location is great - maybe 5 minutes to the Space Needle. You can walk to the Pike Place Market as well in 20-25 minutes or so.

The only real downside to this property is its age, though they were renovating while we were there. The pool area and halls didn't seem particularly clean but it wasn't really a problem.

I have seen comments about no restaurants close by but there is a full food court near the Space Needle that was open until 7 p.m. while we were there. We also walked downtown to numerous restaurants (20 minutes) but could have taken the free bus if the weather was bad. McDonald's is only a couple blocks away as well...

All in all, not a bad deal for the location. Honestly, if you are a tourist on a budget then why would you want to spend 2 or 3 times as much for a fancy property? Spend the money on a nice restaurant, the local attractions or whatever!

No internet service as stated...

1st. No internet connection like it was hyped up to be free?.
2nd. When I called to tell them this they refered me to some 1-866 number that told me to install a disk that will allow my ethernet to connect to the dsl they use?.
3rd. That was nonsense and just a runaround...
4th. The rooms were hollow to a point I could hear the people next to me make loud noise which were intimate in a sense ALL NITE LONG...
5th. When I tried to call them to get a wake up call
they forgot?

Best buffet breakfast ever

by TripAdvisor Member hazelhazel

We stayed one night, so we won't complain. The room was small for a family of four, but only $70. The bathroom tiny.
The pool was fine, but the hot tub was not functioning. Free parking, suitable location right near the Space Needle. The breakfast was the best of the best. That was probably worth about $50 alone! More food than you could imagine. We even made our own waffles. The best.

Come for the price. Come for the breakfast. Come for the free parking. With all the amenities, we can't complain.

Could use some upgrading

by TripAdvisor Member dmills1956

Stayed here for two nights while attending an event at a neighboring hotel.
I was able to find parking when I arrived on Friday afternoon.
Check-in was a little inefficient as the person who was checking me in kept running to the back room for instructions... then referred to a paper list for what rooms were available for the bed type (King) that I'd selected.
Received two keycards and proceeded to the 3rd floor. Neither keycard opened the door. Returned to front desk where they re-encoded the keycards and gave me a regular key.
Neither keycard worked, but the key did.
King bed took up most of the room. There was room for a nightstand on both sides and then a desk on one side. TV armoire was in the corner, but the drawers were difficult to open.
They need to buy sheets that fit the beds.. the fitted sheet on the bottom kept slipping off during the night.
There was free wireless internet available and it worked fine the whole weekend.
Breakfast was most excellent... best hotel breakfast I've had in a while.
Saturday night I got the last parking spot in the north end parking area.
I paid $70 plus tax per night. I would stay here again for that price... but would look elsewhere if it was priced higher....

Comments