3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Costs 144% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• joiwatani's Profile Photo

Red Lion Hotel on Fifth Avenue

Everything considered. Everything Delivered. This is the motto of the hotel. It's located on an ideal location on the Fifth Avenue between Pike & Union Street.

This hotel is very close to shopping and very accessible to many restaurants.

• holoholotravels's Profile Photo

Perfect Location

My friends and I chose this hotel for its location. It is right smack in the middle of downtown Seattle. We were able to walk to and from Pike Place Market, Belltown, to the pier, lots of shops and malls nearby.

The lobby area was filled with Christmas decorations. The fire place was constantly burning. Terrific christmas cozy feeling. The front desk employees and conceirge were friendly and helpful. In fact, the conceirge had umbrellas ready for us to use - no charge.

We had the family suite room which was perfect for 4 females. There were 2 queen beds in the bedroom and a full size pullout bed along with a sitting chair and dining table/chairs in the living area. Each room had a tv - cable ready - but the connection in the living area was a bit fuzzy. The rooms were separated by a fairly long counter (bar) w/ an extra sink. Perfect for brushing teeth and washing your face when the bathroom was occupied. I was worried about the noise level considering other reviews were unsatisfied with the thin walls but there was no problem. Perhaps it was because we had the corner suite. There is a good size bathroom w/ Bath and Body Works hygiene products.

Overall, this was a terrific experience. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Unique Quality: Friendly and helpful conceirge

Directions: Downtown Seattle

• Rumi-fan's Profile Photo

Very Nice Hotel

The Red Lion was the 3rd Hotel we stayed at in Seattle and by far the best. But we paid! The last 3 days was worth the comfort though after a couple of "dodgey" other places. The Red Lion is VERY central to downtown and only minutes walk from any popular attraction and shopping. 3 minutes walk to the convention centre. We did have to change rooms due to the fact the air con was so over heating and they could not fix it. Still, we got a room with a bay view. Very nice watching the sunset from 18th floor. If you have a few $$$ to spare I can recommend the Red Lion.

• Ewingjr98's Profile Photo

Red Lion Hotel on Fifth Avenue, Downtown

We stayed at the Red Lion in Seattle for two nights in June 2007 and enjoyed a great room at a very nice hotel for about $90 a night including all taxes and fees (rooms are normally around $200-$250 before taxes!). Though small, the rooms are very modern, clean, and comfortable with coffee, nice beds, fresh sheets, free wireless internet, 24-hour fitness center, and in-room coffee.

The hotel is ideally located in the center of downtown just a few blocks from Pike Place Market, Belltown, and the monorail to the Space Needle, and less than a mile to Chinatown, Pioneer Square, and the stadiums. Hotel parking is $25 a night with full in and out privileges.

Note that the Red Lion will charge a $50 early departure fee if you leave before your scheduled departure date...

Directions: In the heart of downtown Seattle, just off I-5.

More about Red Lion Hotel on Fifth Avenue

good location

by TripAdvisor Member JoyceinNY

Great Location...standard hotel room with 2 queens, one of which had seen better days. Lobby area was nice enough, tour desk/concierge helpful. Didn't eat at the hotels terrace restaurant but ate at the attached elephant and castle restaurant...very good food and prices.

Great value for us at Peak season

by TripAdvisor Member pegt

Booked through Priceline once I saw the exhorbitant rates for all the Downtown Hotels of anywhere near decent quality. We wanted downtown because we love to walk to where we're going as much as possible & only had 3 nights there. Got our Double Queen for $90.00; when we checked in they gave us the high floor I requested (14th) and I was hoping for a water view. The 1st room we never went into (hence dunno what the view would have been)--someone's luggage was still in there! So we backed out quickly :>) I went to the desk & was pleasant about the situation; they were surprised and a little embarassed but none us became rude, etc. We even joked about my not wanting to share our room with some new "friends". Well, we got another room on the 14th floor with a sweeping nearly unobstructed view of Puget Sound with gorgeous sunsets to boot. The room was lovely; not large (we had our 17 year old and 11 year old & we were just fine). I do have the feeling this room was not ordinarily one that would have been assigned to Priceline, Hotwire, etc. but who knows? I'm pretty sensitive to noise and experienced no problems. I also NEED AC (hey I'm from Wisconsin--we don't live here for the heat) & experienced no problem with the AC altho outside it was in the mid to high 80's. We all loved the convenience of the location so much [walk over to Pike's market but go very early or late: midday it's madness altho we still had fun. The bouquets are to die for].

Service was very good but we checked in a bit early (1:30) and just missed this HUGE group that came in around 2:15; check out was fine. Spouse & I sat outside at the Pub two evenings and found it very relaxing and fun to people watch. Didn't try the food at either place. My go get 'em husband, determined not to pay the $22 a night for hotel parking (for our rental), found free street parking a ten minute walk away. We only used our car about 40% of the time when we wanted to go outside the Dowtown area.

Bring COMFORTABLE shoes if you intend to walk at all and don't already live in a place like San Francisco--it's hilly but SO scenic.

The favorite restaurant we all voted the best Italian we've eaten outside of Rome is La Dolce Vita over nearish the Space Needle. I'm not even the hugest lover of Italian restaurants but this was amazing and authentic. Mouthwatering -- go a bit earlier for a leisurely paced meal (save room for real gelato) as it's an intimate restaurant, albeit my kids were treated like royalty: e.g. my 11 yr. old daughter who weighs 68 pounds soaking wet is an amazing pasta eater. As she scraped the bottom of her fettucine bowl the Manager who helped our waiter brought her a 2nd steaming bowl FREE.

So, I really liked Red Lion as did the whole family--my daughter missed a pool [a little bit] as she is an avid swimmer; for us budget types breakfast is not included but you can find a bite to eat all around this hotel.

For those who complain about parking not being included this is the case in most large cities -- we go to our neighbor Chicago a lot: some hotels there are
pushing $30/night. Nearly all hotels in downtown N.Y. and Boston charge as well...

Try bidding on Priceline -- $90 a night in Seattle's only month of guaranteed sunshine (we had it!!) is a steal!

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member Dakota05

A great place to stay in downtown Seattle. Clean rooms. Great restaurant and outdoor patio. But don't believe it's "rooms with a view" advertisement. After repeatedly requesting a room with a view I gave up. There's a building right in front of the bay so in reality there are no rooms with a view. All in all Seattle is a wonderful city and the Red Lion was a great place to stay.

wonderful staff

I was a woman travelling alone, and booked at the Red Lion because of its central location (right in the heart of the major downtown shopping area) and reasonable price.T he room was spotless, with a great bed,lots of pillows. But the best thing was the desk staff; although quite busy at times, they were helpful and polite, and went out of their way to make my stay terrific.

A great surprise!

by TripAdvisor Member Superwoman07

We received an excellent rate on this hotel and didn't really expect much. The hotel was full of fresh flowers- gorgeous arrangements of tulips everywhere! The lobby was warm and inviting. Beautifully decorated all throughout (this matters a lot to me) Room was beautiful- very, very confortable bed. Excellent room service and friendly staff @ hotel bar.
Only complaint was a 'standard' hotel bathroom.
Walk down to the water front and go to The Crab Pot! Best 'country boil' ever!
We plan on returning to Seattle for a longer trip in the future and will definitely stay here again.
$20 parking charge not included in hotel price.

Great Football Weekend!!!

I am an East Coast person. I have been to Seattle three times now. Have stayed at the Sheraton and the Marriott on previous occassions. But let me tell you this...the Red Lion is really great. My boyfriend was dying to see the Seahawks so we were looking for a good centrally located hotel. I was having a hard time finding a room and stumbled across the Red Lion Hotel (not too familiar with this chain being from the East Coast).

First off the reservation manager (Steve S) and reservation agent (Susan W) are absolutely great. They ensured that we had an wonderful stay. We had a great room...(water pressure is a little bad...but hey we were on the 19th floor with a spectacular water view of the Sound!). The room is modern and clean. The hotel is located within a few blocks of everything including excellent shopping, great restaurants, Pike's Market, the waterfront, and yes within walking distance of Qwest Field.

There is a cool bar in the basement of the building. The in-house restaurant was ok too. We had the breakfast buffet there during the weekend...was definitely adequate for a quick breakfast before heading out to do stuff.

Would I return again...for the price we paid you bet (less than $130 a night)! I think I have seen others getting rates much lower that this. Hey it is not a 5 star but this hotel is very nice and a great place to stay. Overall very pleased...now if they can just make sure it doesn't rain next time.... ;^)

Great Location, Great stay!

I was pleasantly surprised with this place. The place is nice. They try to give it a high end look and feel. The room was huge considering this was a big city. The football and baseball stadiums are within walking distance. So is the Space Needle. The Pike street market is a short walk.

It's a great place to stay if you're in Seattle.

Comments