Seatac Crest Motor Inn

Expedia.com Priceline

Tags

Budget Travel Business Travel
See Amenities

A poorly maintained, dangerous Rip Off!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 26, 2012

The first thing we noticed, besides the musty/moldy smell of the room, was the lamp between the beds, which had a long strip of very old ducktape that was used to hold the bulb receptacle on to the rest of the lamp. The bulb and wires were hanging at an angle The light itself was flickering on and off, so we quickly turned it off for the duration of our stay (after taking pictures!). The glass in a ceiling lamp had obvious stains where water had leaked in, and the electric outlet that the heater/cooling unit was plugged in to had no cover, showing bare wires.

The fridge was unplugged when we arrived, and when we plugged it in, we discovered why - the door wouldn't stay closed, making it useless. There was no tissue - we used toilet paper. The carpet was worn and tattered, and the bathroom wall had stains on it that looked like old mold stains. The volume and the on/off functions of the TV remote didn't work. They generously provided us one whole plastic glass, but no alarm clock, and a phone that had blank buttons - no way to tell what button to use to call the desk, call out, etc.

Once outside the immediate lobby area, the entire place was old and worn out - I normally don't mind, as long as things are clean and well maintained, but they weren't at all here at this place.

Adding insult to injury, we were charged $79 for a double queen room that was advertised on their billboard and website as being $59. When I questioned that rate, the desk clerk checking us in literally laughed and said "but all the hotels are full". The morning clerk said it was because "... we checked in after 6pm." Seattle was in the middle of a bad snow storm, and the airport had closed. Other motels, including the one we'd originally reserved, had lost their electricity; so because rooms were scarce, this motel added an extra $20 because in essence, they could.

STAY FAR, FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!

Unique Quality: The only 'outstanding' thing about this place was the fact they had a room available during a bad snow storm. While waiting in the lobby however, I heard clerk tell repeated callers that she "didn't have their reservation...", blaming it on Expedia. It appears that she was simply taking live bodies in the lobby that she could charge more - like me.

Would rather be in the suck, then stay here again

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 17, 2011

Throughout my military career I have stay at hostels and cheap motels in some off the poorest countries in the world but never has a stay been as horrible as when I stayed here. I called once i got to the airport and was td it would be qbout 10 min before the driver got there, 20 min later the driver showed up and at 12am with no traffic and the hotel being 3 blocks away thats ridiculous. On the advertisements rooms are clearly labeled 39.99 once you get there hidden fees and taxes brings your room up to 59.99. Second you get in the room and odor of mold hits you soon as you hit the room but figuring I was only using the room overnight I was like whatever. So after a shower I tried to cool down the room with the AC but with no luck, it didn't work. Yet again figured it was only over night. So I went to sleep an awake with about 20 bug bites all over my body. When I go complain to the owner about everything he is being sarcastic and trying to brush off the bites as something else and the room condition as tolerable. I recommend to anyone, spend the few extra dollars and stay anywhere else!

Nearby Seatac Crest Motor Inn

• Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free Parking

Seattle Travel Forum

Need advice about Seattle, Washington State? Visit the Travel Forum for Seattle and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Seattle hotel reviews

Ballard District
Artwork / Architecture
Local Customs
Tourist Traps
Experience Music Project (EMP)
Tourist Traps