Seattle West Travelodge

3512 SW Alaska St., Seattle, Washington, 98126, United States
The Grove, West Seattle Inn
Booking.com AMOMA.com Priceline.com

More about Seattle

Entrance to Space Needle decorated for ChristmasEntrance to Space Needle decorated for Christmas

Paddy Coynes Seattle Pub in very Modern BuildingPaddy Coynes Seattle Pub in very Modern Building

map of South Lake Union line in typical stationmap of South Lake Union line in typical station

assorted tribal art at Northwest Tribal Artassorted tribal art at Northwest Tribal Art

Seattle Aquarium a bust? Why? Support your claims

by gunnagothere

I love visiting aquariums, so found the posting on Seattle's aquatic offering of interest and read it. However, reasons why the writer thought it was a rip-off weren't included. Why was it a disapointment? What was it lacking? What were you expecting to see? Was it over-priced? Were the displays unimpressive? Were there too few displays? Answering these questions and more could have made your negative posting an interesting and enlightening report. Instead, it missed its mark and only made me more curious about it. Now I am wondering why someone found it disapointing

I'll visit the acquarium I finally get to Seattle. And if I don't like it, I'll not only say so. I'll tell fellow travelers "why" they shouldn't waste their money and time going there.

by BesarRahasia

The question and your comments as to giving the reasons << why the writer didn't like something >>should be directed to the person who wrote the tip/page or whatever it was you read.

I agree that if someone writes about something be it positive or negative, that it is more useful if there is reasons for the opinions, but it is up to the person writing if they want to or not.

by BesarRahasia

By the way take a look at some of the many tips people have written about the Aquarum here

by nicolaitan

note that the poster became a "member", however transiently, just ten minutes before offering us the comments above. hoax.

by goodfish

I smell a troll.

by Marianne2

Troll -- yes, I think so, too, although I didn't see the posting. We have a perfectly nice aquarium here that is so popular sometimes it is jammed-packed -- maybe that was the complaint? It has very good displays, and many of them, focusing on the aquatic life of Puget Sound and the region. The admission fee, which I think is about $15-$18, is within reasonable limits for a typical US aquarium.

by glabah

Maybe a troll, maybe not. An awful lot of people become members just to post one question on the forums, and then are never heard from again. (The two to five people per year that do that to ask "What can I see on I-5 between X and California?" are typical examples). Most of them have no idea how VT works, or bother looking further than "Here's a place I can post a question."

by glabah

Last week I took Amtrak up to Seattle for a few days, and just to satisfy my curiosity caused by this forum posting this time I visited the Seattle aquarium.

Just for the record, the negative criticisms of this aquarium seem to be concentrated on VT's partner web site TripAdvisor, while VT members seem to give positive reviews.

I think part of the problem is that it is set up in two different buildings, and there is no explicit instructions on the doors between the two that say "More Exhibits This Way" or similar wording. The admission charge is $17, and if you miss the fact that there is an entire second building to the aquarium this would certainly seem like quite a lot of money for not too much display.

On the other hand, the second building is hard to miss if you look at the map of the aquarium that you are handed when you pay your admission charge.

I'll repeat all this in a VT Seattle tip at some point, but it will be some time before I get a chance to write about it.

Travel Tips for Seattle

Best walking map of downtown

by virtualpatrick

The map I used to explore downtown on foot is called Seattle Tourmap. It shows points of interests and even gives a little blurb of what it is.

The free map can be found in any hotel, information center, and even in some tourist shops in the Seattle area.

You can get a look online at www.tourmap.com and click on the Seattle link.

Seattle Tip

by muse_chik

Oh goodness. While in seattle, we had these walkie-talkie things with a radius of 2 miles. we used them to keep track of each other on the highway- and they were great. We all had our own little 'code names' and names for the car. Inadvertantly, we picked up signals from around the seattle area, and ended up having numerous conversations with locals. it was great- until we somehow managed to insult one, got yelled at in spanish, and had to make a run for it as we recieved death threats. lol. it was great!!

Putting things in Perspective

by davequ

Most of the time Mt. Rainier is hazed/ fogged out or behind low clouds so you can't see it.
Every once in a while things clear up and we get lucky enough to see how huge and potentially powerful it really is.

As people we build these big beautiful cities with all creature comforts and I wonder if (without trying to be all cosmic and sanctimonious) sometimes maybe we forget or overestimate our place in all of this.

(There was no editing of this foto, Mt. Rainier really looks this big & beautiful when it is visible and you are north of the city on the Kingston ferry) In July 2001 my buddy Dwight and I were taking the ferry across the sound from Kingston to Edmonds, when looking south towards Seattle we saw this. Luckily Dwight had his little digital camera with him.

When I see Mt. Rainier like this with Seattle in the foreground it kind of puts things in perspective as to where imho we stand on the power scale with nature.

Consider how small you are
Compared to your scream
The human dream
Doesn't mean sh#t to a tree

© Jefferson Airplane / Grace Slick - Paul Kantner

West Seattle Family...

by falicia2000

West Seattle Family YMCA

4515 36th Avenue SW
Seattle, WA 98126-2788

(206) 935-6000
fax: (206) 938-1676

This is my hang out when I'm not on VT, I spend alot of time in some of the wonderful programs they offer. When you visit Seattle, and you want a good place to work out with alot of friendly people.. this is the place to go! You don't have to buy a membership you can pay for the day.

It's good to bring the kids, they have programs and day camps and daycare for the little ones. I love the kickboxing classes and yoga, I will be taking Karate next month and I am so excited to begin, I figure with the kickboxing and karate I can protect my boyfriend lol Cardiovascular equipment
Sauna
Pool
Teen Center

Smile!

by jamiesno

I thought this guy had the right attitute so I asked if I could take his picture. He then had the Seattle spirit and was quick to request his identity not be put on the Internet!

They are all Internet savy in Seattle!

Comments