Sheraton Seattle Hotel Towers

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• lisha74's Profile Photo

Location, Location, Location

Located right in Seattle's Westlake shopping district, the Sheraton is surrounded by restaurants and only a short walk from all the major tourist attractions (Pike Place, waterfront, monorail, etc). Accomodations are what you'd expect from a 4-star hotel, the staff was very friendly, and the pool offers a great view over the city. Overall we had a wonderful stay.

As a side note - we got a great deal on Hotwire.

• starship's Profile Photo

Great Location and Spacious Rooms

We chose the Sheraton Seattle Hotel and Towers for two reasons. The first was its splendid location and uniformly good rooms, and the second because I was able to get 2 free nights here with the Starwood Points (frequent visitor points) I had accumulated. In any case, we were glad we made the decision to stay here before and after our cruise!

When we stayed here for a second time in the Summer of 2006, construction was on-going and the hotel lobby was slightly disrupted, but we never heard any construction noise while in our room.

Unique Quality: The rooms, decorated in soothing tones, were very large and comfortable and included 2 queen beds, a table and chairs, a desk with High Speed Broadband internet connections available, and a nice-size bathroom with good toiletries. The indoor pool, hot tub, and gym available on the top floor were a bonus and were a nice treat especially considering the spectacular view to be seen from their lofty height. Rooms on the higher floors facing west could also enjoy bay views or the spectacular skyline of Seattle.

For those wishing to pay extra, or having lots of spare Starwood Points, club level accommodations are available on the uppermost floors. Club-level accommodations include many waterview rooms, and complimentary evening snacks and the next morning's continental breakfast all served in a separate lovely room with a beautiful view.

(NOTE: we redeemed Starwood points and opted for a Club Level room on our second stay here in 2006 at the Sheraton Seattle Hotel and Towers mainly for the complimentary evening snacks and continental breakfast offered at this room category. Again our room was excellent, but we were all extremely disappointed with the lack of selection and quantity of evening snacks offered and the attitude of the room's attendant in replenishing the offerings. What's more, the complimentary breakfast for the club level rooms gets only a "fair" rating from me. I have seen better continental breakfast offerings from Comfort Inns and Hampton Inn Hotels which charge much less for a room than Sheraton. We would definitely stay at this hotel again, but would certainly not select the club level unless something is done to make it a better value.)

On the ground floor, there is the Pike Place Restaurant, a large bar and seating area, nice gift shop, and concierge. There is a large lobby, but it is not what I would call inviting or comfortable.

Directions: Located in downtown Seattle within walking distance of the Westlake Center, Pike Place Market, the Seattle Aquarium and waterfront piers and transportation.

More about Sheraton Seattle Hotel Towers

All was wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member JetSet1

We stayed at the Sheraton Seattle from Sept 14-17 and had a great time in the city and at or around the hotel. I would highly recommend buying whatever upgrade that will give you access to the club lounge because the lounge breakfasts and evening appetizers really added a lot to our stay there. I was pleased with service and happy with the location as well because it was so close to everything we wanted.
The website and people at the 800 number (I booked directly through Starwood/Sheraton) were a bit deceptive. I was under the impression that there might be a partial ocean view and there isn't unless you consider a glimpse of the ocean between the surrounding highrises to be "partial ocean view" which I guess technically it is. I was made to believe that there was a salon/spa in the hotel. There is not. There is a massage room available adjacent to the swimming pool which is not my idea of relaxation especially when there is a group of kids splashing and squealing in the swimming pool. There is, however, a full service salon just across the street from the hotel called Marko's where I was able to schedule a facial and pedicure. Overall the service was great but not excellent. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again since our stay there was pleasant as long as I could get access to the fitness club as well as the club floor with it's lounge.

Don't wast you time with SPG or the Sheraton

I have booked two nights ( Confirmation # 1231***69) at the Sheraton
Seattle. This was for 2 rooms and originally from 16th of Oct to 19th of
Oct. On Oct 13th, I check my Confirmation and found that there was only one
room not two and the dates were from Oct 16th to 18th Only. After making a
phone call to the Hotel, I was transferred to the reservation Manager
Deborah Herforth. She was very irate, I had no idea why. I requested for
the additional date and an addition room. I also request for the same rate.

The way I was treated by Deborah Herforth was unacceptable. She used me as
a punching bag. She used her authority as the Reservation manager to punish
me. Being a SPG Gold Guest that is 5 stays away from a Platinum member
(over 20 stays this year), one would expect better respect and
consideration. I was told no, no and no... then I was asked to prove to her
rates from other hotels and lectured me on how unethical I was by asking for
the same rate. And when I requested an AAA rate I was asked 3 times if I was
an AAA Member ( AAA # 429 004 ****4 0 7 - 23 year member). Then I was
told to make sure I had my AAA card with me 3 more times... as if I was
laying to her. In addition to this, I was told that she could not make the
2 room reservation under my name. Even when I told her that I am paying for
both rooms! This is outrageous!! Why? I asked... she told me that this was
the way it is, basically take it of leave it.

In addition, I have paid for and planned an additional 11 rooms for our
Company Christmas Trip at the Sheraton. After staying at this hotel 3 plus
times year alone and hosting (paid in advance) our Christmas Party, one can
see how upset I am.

I have no problem with a higher rate or the miss booking confirmation.
However, I do have an issue with how your most loyal customer are treated.
I finally realized that being loyal to SPG mean nothing! I want to let
everyone know that SPG Gold or Platinum means nothing! Stay at the hotel
that you treats you with respect. Because, SPG loyal members are nothing in
the eyes of the local Sheraton Staff.

At this point I request that my books at the Sheraton be cancel at no
charge. I have no interest of staying at this hotel when their staff hate
their job and hate their best customers. I would not return there even if
the accommodation were for free. And I would not stay there even if you
penalized me or charged me in full. However, I would like to let everyone
in this world know how I was treated... so they don't west their time with
SPG or Sheraton.

I have already made reservations at the "W" Seattle, Mr. Alfonso Moreno the
Service Manager was so helpful and I really appreciate him. His hotel has
always given the best service, and he personally has gone 110% for the
guest, and for me. And he did everything in a very short time with a smile!

Overall a very bad experience and something that could have been avoided if
I was just treated with a smile.

I would suggest that anyone making a booking at this hotel should think
twice as the staff there feel no regards to their best customers and no
consideration or respect.

Best regards,

Jimmy Wu

Won't book again!

by TripAdvisor Member sandy31

We just returned from Seattle, where we had booked the Seattle Sheraton and Towers for three nights. We left the hotel after one night and the front desk didn't even inquire as to why we were leaving. We were on the club floor and except for 2 hours in the morning during continental breakfast and 2 hours in the evening during canapes, the lounge was closed tight. The one and only evening we were there, I poured myself coffee and used a small plastic container of cream that was in a dish beside the coffee urn. The cream was sour and curdled in my coffee and there was not one staff personnel around to even talk to. Our room was dreary and there were stains on the carpets. Although a good location, this hotel has definitely seen better days!

Excellent location!

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel as it was very close to the Pike Street Market. It was a nice short walk to the market where you can sample fresh mini donuts, made on the spot in front of you or eat at one of the award winning restaurants while facing the river and mountains. The rooms at the hotel were clean, made every day and equipped with all the accoutrements needed by a traveler. Hotel staff were friendly and professional.

Timing is everything....

In a nutshell: Attractive hotel, convenient location, accommodating staff--but large numbers of convention-goers create noise problems.

We stayed at the Sheraton for four nights over the Labor Day weekend, and we paid around $125 per night on Hotwire. Our main complaint would be the poor soundproofing. We were on the 16th floor, and the room was spotlessly clean and spacious, but very noisy. We could hear music from the Convention Center across the street, and hallway traffic noise was magnified by the triangular layout of the hotel. (We were, sadly, at one of the "points"--a cul de sac of four rooms that functioned quite effectively as an echo chamber, ratcheting up even normal hallway noise into a cacophony of sound.)

The hotel was hosting three conferences, so noise levels stayed high until 2 to 3 a.m. on our first two nights' stay. We called the front desk and asked if there might be a quieter room, but the only other non-smoking rooms that were available were on even lower levels, closer to street noise.

The hotel did provide us with some complimentary perks, and on checkout, they cancelled our bill for incidentals. I'm not sure I'd risk bad timing and book here again, but during the lull between conferences, the hotel was quite pleasant.

great hotel in great location

by TripAdvisor Member Lori213

(stay 9/23-9/24). I was very happy to get a room at the Sheraton on Priceline for $100/night -- I was excited to be able to stay at this hotel and once I arrived, the hotel did not disappoint me. The bed, pillows, and comforter were all very comfy and clean. The bathroom was very also very clean and nice. The location of the hotel was wonderful, just a short walk (5 blocks) to Pikes Market and also a short walk to the monorail that takes you directly to the space needle and Experience Music Project (EMP). Lots of shopping directly around the hotel too. I would definitely stay at the Sheraton again -- very good deal (although, try your luck on Priceline before paying top dollar directly thru the hotel).

Good location

Recently stayed 3 nights at the Sheraton. We did Priceline got the room for $100 a night Fri to Mon. Good location for the downtown area. Walking distance to Pike Street Market and a little further to Pioneer Square--but if you can walk it's not too bad. I highly recommend walking if you can the parking in the downtown area is terrible. The parking at the hotel cost $26 a night!!!! The hotel was nice and clean the room was average small bathroom and you could hear the people next door. I don't think I would of stayed here if we hadn't got a good rate with Priceline. Take note most of the restaurants in the Market Area close at 6 to 6:30 so finding a local place to eat at is kind of hard. If the weather permits suggest going to the Bank of America building on 5th street they have an observation floor that costs just $5 and it's a great view much better than the Space Needle. Don't forget your umbrella, a sweater and a coat with a hood oh and good walking shoes. It rains a lot in Seattle and it's definitely fall there temp in the 50's to 60's. Try to take a ferry ride to either Bremerton or Bainbridge Island you can drive your car or walk on. We came back from Bremerton at night and the view of downtown Seattle was awesome!!!

Comments