1046 1st Avenue South, Seattle, Washington, 98134, United States
Priceline.com Booking.com Travelocity

More about Silver Cloud Hotel Stadium

Right by Lake Union

by aqazi about Duke's Chowder

We arrived here as a recommendation from one of the staff at the Silver Cloud Hotel which is nearby. The restaurant is part of a complex by Union Lake and suprise, suprise specialises in seafood especially their chowders. This was our first night in Seattle and we were starving. I went for the chowder taster meal which consisted of any four of the six chowders they had on offer. The misses went for the swordfish. anyways the chowders were excellent, the bourbon and cajun chowders were both heart warming but the best was their orignal house recipe which was very good. My wife raved about her swordfish which I also had to taste. For desert we went for a filling cheese cake. This was a freindly restaurant serving up very palatable food at pretty reasonable prices. Perfect if you're staying locally and don't want to spend the earth.

Great stay for Mariner's game

by TripAdvisor Member WhiskersCanada

We stayed 2 nights at the Silver Cloud Stadium Hotel and saw an evening Mariner's game Saturday and the afternoon game the next day, Sunday.We had a king bed suite for 2 adults and 2 children. The kids had a pull out sofabed in the living room. Lots of room, very nice big bathroom with a tub and separate shower. Lovely new hotel, very clean. The food at the restaurant downstairs (Jimmy's) is very good - we had dinner and breakfast. There is a microwave and minifridge in the room if you want to make your own breakfast. The shuttle service is great, took us to the mall and picked us up quickly when we called. It is rather expensive on their "blackout nights" ie the Mariner's night game when we couldn't get a AAA rate, but the convenience of walking right across the street to our hotel was worth it.

Awesome Location!

by TripAdvisor Member socalgal13

We booked the Silver Cloud Stadium via their website. The website was easy to navigate. We were in town for baseball at Safeco Field and arrived via SEATAC airport. Our arrival was 2 hours before the check in time and figured that we would park and drop out bags off and eat a late lunch. To our surprise, there was no waiting to check in and we were given our room right away. During the check in process, it was very easy and relaxing. I asked for the quietest location in the hotel and was told that the east /west rooms had train noise and south rooms had staduim noise but were more quiet generally. Since we were going to be at the games anyway we decided on a southern facing room. The room was on the smallish side but the view was fabulous...looking right into Safeco Fields 3rd Base enterance. Since my partner was from Overseas and had never been to a baseball game the view was priceless. The room was outfitted in modern furniture in good taste. The King size bed was comfortable and the linens were of good quality. The bathroom was good size with an extra deep bathtub. The Bath products were good too. Several issues that did not meet the same standard good quality as the rest of the hotel. The themostat was confusing to operate and we never did get a comfortable temperature. There was no directions in the room on its operation. There was only one set of towels for each of us, I requested extra towels that came to the room quickly, but housekeeping took the towels back in the next mornings cleanup, even though they were placed in the cubbie in the bathroom, thus having to request extra towels for the second time. Lastly, there was complimentary tea/coffee in the room. There was only 1 tea bag that was regular team the rest were herbal type teas. I requested just regular tea bags (something with caffiene in it). More tea was sent up to the room quickly and they were all herbal type teas. On the way out for the first evening I made a second request for regular tea, when we returned more herbal type teas and no regular tea bags. We gave up after that and drank coffee. Our overall stay was great and we both loved the location since we were at a double header baseball game and the location allowed us to get back to the room quickly between games for a break. Service was good as far as speed of requests. We will certainly return again to this location, but we will bring our own teabags!

very nice stay for siteseeing/sporting events

by TripAdvisor Member albertafamily

Stayed at this location for siteseeing and to see a few ball games.The front desk staff were very friendly & helpful.We didn't arrive with a car but with the hotel shuttle available all day long we used it frequently with no problems.A side note to that,upon checkout they tried to bill me for three days of parking,when I pointed out that I did not use the parking they deleted the charge right away with no questions asked.The rooms were well kept,clean and comfortable.Our room faced the ballpark which we liked, you can also go to the roof top pool which has an excellent view of elliott bay and partial view of downtown--very nice. We only had breakfast at the restaurant but it was good although a little pricey than most breakfast/family restaurants.All in all I would definetly stay here again, the cost is a little higher than some chain hotels but it was worth it.

Great Place

by TripAdvisor Member FunLovingGirl

Lovely hotel. Tastefully decorated lobby and the rooms are minimalistic and sophisticated. Bathrooms are excellent and the views of the stadium are even better. The top floor has a sweeping view of the Sound and Olympic Mountain Range which is breathtaking. The staff was immensely helpful and kind and always gave us the warmest smiles. The shuttle service was superb, especially when Johnathan, who I must say is very cute, friendly, and funny, was driving. Mike was top-notch as well. I will definitely return.

Exceeded all expectations

by TripAdvisor Member illuminated

Clean and well appointed room, friendly and helpful staff, and a great door to door shuttle service to downtown. The front found a room for us to check in early when requested, and allowed us late check out. Just a couple points on down side: the location was a bit away from the main tourist attractions and eateries but the free shuttle service more than made up for this. We did notice noise from the nearby RR tracks at night, but was not an issue for us. I have stayed at several other hotels in Seattle including ones much more pricier but I would come back to stay here again. For the service and overall value, this hotel is hard to beat.

Great for Mariners game, location is not so great

by TripAdvisor Member Travelingmom18

We booked this hotel for one night after our cruise to go to a Mariner's game. The hotel is great, the room was large and clean and the staff is very nice. The restaurant in the hotel was very good too. However, the location of the hotel leaves a lot to be desired, it is in an area that closes down on the weekends so it you want to go out the streets are deserted. In fact, the staff will tell you not to walk out on the streets when it becomes dark. I would recommend this hotel only if you are going to a sporting event or want a hotel close to the pier before your cruise.

Wonderful experience!

by TripAdvisor Member leelow13

We visited this hotel right after it opened earlier this year when we were in Seattle for the Jan. 6th game. It is an incredible hotel. The staff was great and the breakfast awesome but what I really loved was the room. It was a good size room with two queen beds (seem like all there is these days are two doubles) and a huge flat screen TV. I loved the bathroom too, it was nice. Also the alarm clock is an iPod player. Another reason we keep coming back is for the location. If you are going to Seahawk's or Mariner's game you have to stay here!! There is no taxi, bus, or driving required. It's not even two blocks away and surrounded by great restaurants.

excellent hotel for sports venue

by TripAdvisor Member TravelingChumley

went to two Mariners games, made the reservation via the hotel website. Got to the hotel by 12:30pm, thinking I was going to check my bag and get something to eat. Early checkin at 12:30pm with four pecks at the keyboard by the "lead desk clerk." Up to the room and, yes, the place is less than a year old, everything looked new, not that worn 15 year old look. Walked to the International District (six blocks away). Safeco and the Seahawks stadiums are right across the street. I was looking for a bus to get me to the Queen Anne area, looked at the schedule and the bus ran every 20 minutes. Walked back into the hotel and asked about their shuttle, seems you have to signup prior to using and every half hour. I walked and got lost.
I was a block from where all the buses stopped for downtown and finally got my bearing right. Housekeeping was fine and was done with my room before 10:30am. Fitness center was small, but had video access on all five machines. Ate at the hotel restaurant for breakfast, was ok. If you are going to the game, this is the place. It's a little far from downtown, but doable if you are willing to walk a bit.

Nothing but great

by TripAdvisor Member shadow6

This is the second Siver Cloud I have stayed in while working in Seattle. Each trip just gets better. This place is still fairly new so everything works. The room was comfortable and clean! Valet parking on location was nice. There is not much to do or see within close walking distance other than the stadium(s), but that is hardly an issue if you have a car or are there on business.

Plenty of Seahawks merchandise at the Sports DenPlenty of Seahawks merchandise at the Sports Den

An old underground water-closetAn old underground water-closet

Vashon Island to Right, West Seattle to LeftVashon Island to Right, West Seattle to Left

from south, Pier 66 is the Convention Centerfrom south, Pier 66 is the Convention Center

Looking for Capitol Hill Hotel - Pref Gay owned. Any around Pike @ Pine?

by xoffender

Will be in twon on Oct 25th till the 29th. Looking for a hotel near the Capitol Hill area. Close to the gay bars. Anyone know of anything. I found Silver Cloud Hotel but it would be nice to be just a litttle closer.

Thanks for any help you might have

RE: Looking for Capitol Hill Hotel - Pref Gay owned. Any around Pike @ Pine?

by fritzrl

Capital Hill per se doesn't have a great number of hotels, due to its closeness to downtown Seattle, which is loaded with hotel beds.

There is one notably gay-friendly B&B, though: the Bacon Mansion. I believe they have a website. If it's proximity to gay bars that's your priority, I can suggest you check into a new hotel on the NE corner of 10th and Madison...large, corporate, but definitely proximate to the bars. I unfortunately can't think of its name at the moment, though...sorry! Um....come to think of it, perhaps that's the Silver Cloud Hotel you're already at?

Enjoy your visit

RE: RE: Looking for Capitol Hill Hotel - Pref Gay owned. Any around Pike @ Pine?

by arasnosliw