Sixth Avenue Inn

2000 Sixth Ave., Seattle, Washington, 98121, United States

• kop-queen's Profile Photo

Welcoming and well situated

Welcoming reception, lovely room and facilities, restaurant and bar, nice area.

Unique Quality: Just a few blocks from the Space Tower and a block from Budget Car Hire depot.

Directions: within walking distance from the waterfront, museums, sports arenas and shopping.

• Rumi-fan's Profile Photo

Not so nice

Stayed at Sixth Ave Inn for 4 nights. It was only "just" acceptable. It is old and tired and carpet is in BIG need of replacing. The lift is shakey, smelly, and it takes so long for the doors to open that each time i used it i thought i was stuck there. The lobby is OK but gives a false impression of what is behind the lift. The staff could not suppy us with "milk" - only powdered caffee-mate. We could not get an extension cord for an electrical appliance. There was no fridge - so we asked to change to a room with fridge. The rooms were clean enough but really i was pleased to leave. VERY NOISEY if you are on the road side of the Inn. It is close enough to "downtown" though which to be fair is a plus.

• hairpin's Profile Photo

Basic Service; Great Location

The best thing about this hotel is it's location. Service and room is all standard fare. You can walk to Pike's Market, the Space Needle, and a few of the shopping areas from here. The location seems safe, without anyone hassling you in front of the hotel. And you can use their lot to park your car. All in all, a good deal.

I would book here again.

• marca's Profile Photo

Sixth Avenue Inn

I paid $104 per night not including the local taxes.

Unique Quality: Located in the Belltown section...3 blocks to the monorail, 5 blocks to Pike Market, next door to Budget Rent-a-car, and much cheaper than the Westin Hotel accross the street.

More about Sixth Avenue Inn

Sixth Ave inn is economy only... not a Boutique hotel...

by TripAdvisor Member jtl180

The hotel had some decent ratings, but when we drove up, I was a little taken back. It looks like any Motel 6/Rodeway Inn along any major interstate. The rooms all back up to 6th ave and it looks really cheap and dirty as you walk up. On the plus, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room, as prior reviews described, were small at best. I had no problems with the room size, since that is what i expected. The Bed, however, was like sleeping on a plywood deck and that coupled with the street noise, made sleeping a challenge.

ok, so much for the bad.
like i said, the staff was nice, and the location was central to most anything in the area we wanted to see such as the space needle, pike st. market.
If this motel were charging $59 a night, i would think it was a solid value and worth staying at, but at $120+ a night, it is a poor value in my book.
I would not stay there again, and my wife was really pleased that we only spent one night there before we went on to Vancouver.

Horrible Rooms and Management

by TripAdvisor Member Southeast12

I stayed at this hotel in October.I booked this hotel for 3 people.The room that they call a three person room is a small dark 1 queen bed room with a folded bed they would bring in.Right after entering the room I requested a 2 queen room from the lobby.I had to pay extra ofcoarse.We got the bigger room on the 3rd floor.It was ok.Stains on the wall and one towel was a little dirty.The worst thing was that I was waken up at 6AM on a Sunday by paving work that was being done right behing the hotel.The man in the hotel lobby said the manager is not here and that they "tried".The parking is OK.It is not underground.Some of it is undercover.As for the location,it wasnt bad.Not in the downtown core but in walking distance.Not so close to the Space Needle though.But for the similar accomodation just 2 blocks from the Sixth Avenue Inn I reccommend the Ramada.

Great location, small rooms, excellent breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member songi

I chose this hotel based on price and location. We only had one night in Seattle and didn't want to spend $200+ on a hotel room. I was a little worried because of the negative reviews, but we got exactly what I expected. Our rooms were ready for early check in at noon. Yes, they were small, but clean with plenty of nice towels. The location is great, walking distance to the Space Needle, Pike Place Market and Pioneer Square, and Pier 66. Right on the free downtown bus route and one block from the metro. You could stay across the street at the Westin and pay double or more. The breakfast at the Sixth Avenue Inn is phenomenal. Huge portions. If you check out the menu, the prices seem high, but you definitely get your moneys worth. And if Todd happens to be your waiter, you'll also get entertainment. I would stay here again, even for more than one night. For $89 a night, I have no complaints.

Below Average Experience

by TripAdvisor Member MadeByMark

Rooms at the Sixth Avenue Inn were included with our Delta Weekend Getaway package to Seattle. While centrally located, the Inn is not a hotel we would choose for ourselves, nor is it one we would seek out again.

The property is old and is showing its age. Rooms are cramped and dark. Furnishings are uncomfortable, from the extremely hard beds and to the rickety wicker patio furniture used in place of conventional chairs.

High speed internet access is provided for $10.00 per day, but the port is wired to the wall and does not extend to the tiny nearby desk, making computers difficult to use. The pay-as-you-go terminal in the lobby is too slow and crippled to be worth the money. This is not a place to stay if you plan to work in your room.

The front desk staff was helpful when we needed to fax and refax several documents.

Breakfast in the restaurant is surprisingly hearty, but not something you'd seek out if you lived in Seattle. Breakfast is not included with your room.

In the end, the property is not the best choice for business or vacation users, but might be a good solution for very young people who are looking for inexpensive rooms in the heart of Seattle.

Worst hotel I ever stayed.

Actually I left after 5 min. Room was unclean & old
After complaining about the room to the desk clerk, he informed me I garenteed the room and would be charged like it or not.As they have had many other customers leave and the credit card company would pay anyway. GOOD LUCK!!! HORIBLE HOTEL!!!

Good Location

Stayed 2 nights, things to consider are your room location, the front of the hotel is on a busy street and with ear plugs was not a problem. We stayed on the 4th floor which was good. It is a good place to walk to most downtown attractions. The bus is free all day and is usefull if you want to go to a ballgame
or other places within a few miles. Make sure you know the bus lines before you go. We took the train and if we had know what lines to take it would have been easy to get to the hotel. If you have a car it only cost $8 a day to park, which is a good deal since the lots charge around 25 per day. A great breakfast can be had a Lola's which is just 2 blooks away, get the continental which includes fruit, coffee and juice. This hotel is nothing special, but it was clean. The rooms are a little small compared to a 4 star hotel, but the price is right. No frills save on the cost, no in room coffee or pool but for those of us that do not need this it was just fine. Anyone just wanting a good room for sleeping this is the place for around $100 a night. Would return now that we know how to get around better.

Seattle for Kids

by Eranz

I am going to be there by the end of July for two days. I want to know what are the best places to stay for a family with 3 kids and what are the preferred attractions.

Thanks,
Eranz

Re: Seattle for Kids

by marca

We stayed in the Belltown section last year at the Sixth Avenue Inn. It was a few blocks to the monorail stop and Pikes Market. Buses stopped around the corner (free if going into town!) Your kids will most likely enjoy the amusement park at the end of the Monorail line.

Marc

Re: Seattle for Kids

by rmdw

To see: Queen Anne neighbourhood, Seattle Centre, Downtown esp. Pioneer Square, and possibly the Aquarium.

Robert W.