Springhill Suites By Marriott Seattle Downtown

Booking.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

More about Springhill Suites By Marriott Seattle Downtown

A great place to stay!

by TripAdvisor Member alau925

SpringHill Suites was even better than expected! The reviews sounded wonderful which prompted me to make reservations here. The staff was very kind and the valet was very quick! The rooms were big and generally clean. I did find one empty bag of chips behind a dresser but that didn't really bother me. The breakfast was amazing and the location is pretty great. Yes, it's not in the heart of downtown, but I liked that it wasn't. It is still pretty close though and since we had a car, it was no problem at all. I really liked this place and was pleased with the service. Before I checked out, the whole staff and management had a team meeting in a small meeting room. I overheard them discussing their standard of service and how their goal is to have only 17% of customers make a complaint. I think currently they're at 21%. It sounds like a lot, but whatever the case, it looks like their turnaround to solving a complaint is very quick. My friend's bathroom light wasn't working and it was fixed within the hour.

Anywho, overall, I am very happy about SpringHill Suites and will definately stay here again! I can't think of a better place!

Near downtown but not downtown price

by TripAdvisor Member lite2shine

I stayed there for three days and liked the spacy room and nice lobby area. The breakfast buffet was nice too. It's several blocks away from the downtown, so I usually walked to the Panamount Theatre but if you time right, you can hop on the free shuttle that runs every hour (you should make a reservation to make sure there is a room), and the shuttle will take you to pre-determined destinations, so you really don't feel far away from downtown or tourist spots, and you are not paying downtown hotel price (at least I didn't!)

Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member cupcake3439

The Springfield Suites is in a great location. Easy access to I-5 and easy access to all the downtown/waterfront attractions. The staff was very courteous and the rooms were of adequate size for a family of four, especially compared to some of the other downtown Seattle hotels. The complimentary breakfast was above average. Our only complaint was that we smelled auto fumes in the lobby several times because the temporary parking/drop off area is so close to the entrance. Not that big of a deal. This hotel is a great value. We would definitely stay there again.

Great Concept, Well-Executed

by TripAdvisor Member AccidentalT0urist

I spent six nights at this hotel last week and was generally delighted with my choice. The suite was ample in size, impeccably clean, attractively (if not elegantly) furnished, and had most of the amenities I craved (a kitchenette with microwave, a large desk with free high-speed internet, and a hairdryer). Had I been travelling with a companion, I would have been annoyed at the lack of a door to close off the bedroom from the living room. The bed linens were the typical thin muslin ones, but the pillows were nice and seemed to be stuffed with down. In addition, the hotel had a small but adequate gym with treadmill, a stairclimber, a bike, and free weights--as well as a small indoor pool. Breakfast in the attractive dining area was free, with a reasonable selection of decent, but not terribly appetizing, foods. I contented myself with raisin bran or oatmeal, milk, yogurt, and tea. Boiled eggs and cut fruit were welcome additions, but apparently available only on weekdays. The bananas were green, and the apples tasted like pure cellulose. What appeared to be scrambled egg discs were not, in my opinion, edible, and I didn't even try what looked like breakfast sausages. Waffles and assorted white breads and pastries were available, but did not fit my conception of a healthy breakfast. As for service, the staff was unfailingly friendly and courteous, but did not keep promises to (1) move my packed bags to a less-noisy room away from the freeway during the day or (2) have housekeeping tend to my room during the two-hour period I planned to be absent. So I didn't bother asking them to fix the exercise bike in the gym when it stopped working. Still, all in all, my experience was very good, and this hotel was an excellent fit for my needs.

Holiday kick off!

by TripAdvisor Member hlbtimes2

I surprised my husband and two young children to a night in the "city". We thought it would a great way to kick off the holiday season. We thought the Springhill was a great property. The room was large, and very clean. There were 2 tv's which was great! One near the beds and the other near the sofa and chairs. There was a great little area with a sink, microwave, and small fridge. We didnt get to use the pool or hot tub, but we did look at them. The area looked nice, and the hot tub was full of people.

The breakfast was wonderful. Waffles, pastries, bagels, sausage and egg patties to make breakfast sandwichs, hot oatmeal, yogurt and fresh fruit. Great way to start the day! The toasters are a bit slow, but that is pretty minor complaint for a free breakfast.

The only negative was the shuttle was stuck in traffic the night we were there. We waited a while, but were told it could be an hour before it returned. We ended up walking the 1/2 mile or so the heart of downtown. It wasn't very far, but it was cold out. We took a cab back to the hotel. It was about $6.50 so even if you can't use the shuttle its pretty cheap to get to and from the hotel.

Great Hotel for the Price!

by TripAdvisor Member FLGirl79

In an attempt to escape the December humidity and heat of the South, I recently traveled to Seattle to start the holidays. I travelled with one companion, and we both found the rooms to be well above our expectations for the price. The rooms were extremly clean and spacious. The "bedroom" was seperated from the living area by a wall that only spanned several feet, but it was enough to provide a little privacy. The high speed internet and work area was well lit and comfortable, and the kitchen area, complete with sink, refrigerator, and microwave, was a great addition. The complimentary breakfast was delicious and plentiful, and featured assorted pastries, bagels, waffles, cereals, juice, and more. The staff was extremely courteous and friendly, and even assisted with directions, where to rent a car, and transportation back to the airport. My companion and I preferred to walk to most of the destinations in downtown Seattle, and found the hotel to easily be within walking distance of the Space Needle, Pike's Place Market and other shopping destinations. Our only complaint was that the mattresses were too firm for our liking. Just as a notice, the hotel puts a "double the value" hold on your credit card to cover the costs of incidentals and room service. Overall though, the hotel proved to be a fantastic stay at a very reasonable rate, and we would definitely stay there again.

Great breakfast and more

by TripAdvisor Member GuinnessGuy

Very friendly staff, convenient hourly shuttle service downtown and to the Space Needle, the rooms are pleasant (but somewhat 'business-like' when you're on a holiday), but the real treat was the breakfast that was way more than 'continental: make-your-own fresh belgian waffles, eggs (hard-bioled and 'discs') big selection of breads, yoghurt, etc. Three blocks away from REI which has a "World Wraps" cafe (especially handy for vegetarians). A nice little getaway for our family.

Great Value

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in February, 2006. I am Mariott Silver Elite and they did a great job remembering my preferences- we got a nonsmoking king suite on the 10th floor, just as requested. As a bonus, it had a perfect view of the Space Needle (lit up at night). All of this for the Marriott Ebreaks rate of $75/night leaves me with no complaints at all.

The room itself is laid out similar to an Embassy Suites hotel room, with (in our case: a king bed), a pull out sofa, a chair and ottoman, a mini fridge, one TV, and a nuker. A sort of "wanna be wall" divides the bedroom from the kitchen/living room.

The location is a little outside of the main area in downtown Seattle, but as long as you are comfortable walking about 0.4 miles, you can save a lot of money by staying here (The streets are all well-streetlit). The highway noise was not a problem for us, as the hotel appeared to have good soundproofing.

My sister stayed that the Hotel Andra during the same days, and we saw her suite (at over twice the price). Honestly, I'd rather have a nice breakfeast, daily paper, and a cheaper room rate than have a flat panel TV and cute but oddly designed furniture, but that is me....

Central Location, Great Service

Every time we stay overnight in Seattle for our shopping trips, we stay at this hotel.

The rooms are extremely comfortable and large - we usually go as a trio, but our room could certainly fit at least two more people with the living room pull-out sofa. We love the nice bathtubs big enough for a relaxing soak as well as shower.

The continental breakfast in the morning is superb - lots of variety, great roasted Seattle coffee, and plenty of warm food (as opposed to just toast and cereal).

The hotel is pretty central to everything and altho' I haven't tried it, there's a happening fitness place across the street - not sure if hotel guests have complimentary passes.

The only negative thing I have to say about this hotel is that the prices seem to keep creeping higher and higher, which is a shame because it was great value the first few years it opened. The other thing is that parking is a bit of a hassle and expensive as we paid a daily rate at about $14 (on top of driving to other parkades when we did our shopping). I'd recommend leaving the car parked underground, and either walk to downtown central or inquire about the bus shuttle service which will take you downtown as well.

All in all though, still one of the best comfortable hotels in the city.

Easter Weekend in Seattle

by teemsum

"Good Friday"

My husband & I needed a quick getaway so we flew from Vancouver to Seattle on Horizon Air.
The plane only has 79 passengers & is a quick 30 minute flight.
You have to walk outside to get to the plane.

Once we landed at SEA-TAC, we took public transit to downtown. Bus 174/194 will get you there. The fare is $ 1.75 for off-peak travel or $ 2.25 for peak travel ( 6-9 am, 3-6 pm ) You get about 3-4 hours to use your transfer & once you get downtown, it's a ride-free area so you don't spend very much on bus fare at all. Oh, you also pay when you get off instead of when you get on.

We got off in the International District & headed to Chinatown for lunch.
For good, cheap food; lots for 'the hole-in-the-wall' restaurants.
Afterwards, we went to Uwajima ( spelling ?) the largest Asian supermarket in the Northwest ? They have lots of Japanese books, magazines, stuff etc. Also, there's an international food court for interesting eats.

"Springhill Suites Seattle Downtown"

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel located at 1800 Yale Avenue.
It's beside the freeway & you can hear the traffic but it's not annoying.

This is a great place. They have a complimentary hot buffet breakfast with a waffle station. They have complimentary coffee & tea in the lobby all day.
They have free Chuya Chup lollipops at the front desk.
They have free wi-fi in the lobby, free internet in your room, free use of the business center, indoor pool, jacuzzi.
They have a schedule shuttle to WestLake Centre that runs every hour on the hour but reservations are required. But if you miss the shuttle, it's only a 15 minute walk to downtown.

The restaurant is called Bistro on Yale, serving Pan-Asia cuisine.
The mains are well-priced, averaging $ 13. Desserts are yummy, only $ 7.
Be sure to have the Nutty Eskimo Pie, large enough for 2.
Tea/coffee is pricey, though. $ 2.50 each.

"Dinner at 663 Bistro"

Went back to Chinatown for dinner & looked for a busy place & found it at Bistro 663.
I had the soya chicken on rice ( lots of chicken ) & hubby had Curry Brisket.
Yum, Yum.
I think they gypped us on the tax though. Our meal before tax was $ 13.20 & they charged us $ 1.32 tax ( that' s 10% ) so we just deducted it from the tip.

"SouthCenter & beyond"

This morning we took bus # 150 to SouthCenter mall. This mall is huge !
We spent 3 hours here & then we went around the corner to Kohl's.
I think the plaza is new, some stores are still being built.
Great shopping at NordStrom Rack.
Huge smiles on our faces for scoring the deals.

Then we took the # 155 back to downtown & walked around Pike Place Market.

"Easter Sunday"

All stores are closed today except for Pike Place Market, the Zoo & the Aquarium.

Was rainy & windy this morning, so decided to veg at the hotel until check out ( 12 pm ) & take the bus to the airport.

For our next visit, we want to check out:
The Olympic Sculpture Park, the waterfront, Lake Union, Belltown.

Can't wait to come back !

Comments