The Roosevelt Hotel

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 101% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• davequ's Profile Photo

Affordable, Decent, and Downtown

Affordable, downtown, just a couple streets northeast of the Westin.

Probably one of the best affordable ~$120 without specials (Seattle is expensive) hotel choices for downtown. Check out the Website

Unique Quality: Plus you get Vons (one of my favorite old hangouts) as the restaurant and bar thrown in. And it is right next to all the downtown shopping locations like Pacific Place, etc.

Directions: located on the corner of 7th Avenue and Pine - one block from the Washington State Convention & Trade Center.

• starship's Profile Photo

The Roosevelt ~ An Architectural Gem

We didn't stay at The Roosevelt because we were able to get a couple of free nights at the Sheraton due to my Starwood points (frequent visitor points); however, this is the hotel we had chosen if the Sheraton deal did not work out! In fact the accompanying picture was taken from our Sheraton Seattle Hotel room on the 22nd floor! The Roosevelt has 151 nicely-furnished rooms and offers an excellent location just like the Sheraton. It is close to Pike Place Market, shopping (Nordstroms!) and not too far from the monorail station at Westlake Center (Space Needle, etc.) NOTE: In July, 2006, the monorail was still shutdown as it was when we visited in 2004 due to a fire.

All rooms are furnished with:
    Complimentary High Speed Wireless Internet - great for business travelers
    Signature bathrobe and slippers
    Hair dryer
    Iron and ironing board
    Windows that open!!
    There is a fitness center, though I believe no pool.

Transportation options from SeaTAC airport include:
    The Shuttle Express Airporter to or from the hotel @ $18.00 USD per person each way (2013 prices)

OR:

Cost For A Taxi From The Airport @ approximately $40 USD one way (2013 prices)

Unique Quality: During the time we visited Seattle, The Roosevelt had a jazz pianist playing next to the lobby fireplace every night! You could also enjoy Von's Grand City Cafe which looks really charming. The Roosevelt in right is the midst of Seattle's downtown shopping district, and directly across from a very nice downtown mall named Pacific Place which also had a food court -- great selection of restaurants and take-out eateries on the top floor.

Other advantages of this hotel include:
    Valet Parking @ $29 USD + tax per day plus In-and-out privileges

Directions: Downtown Seattle about 7 blocks from Pike Place Market

More about The Roosevelt Hotel

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member SBurbankArvada_CO

We had a jr. suite that was great. Very clean and comfortable. Close to the pike market and all of down town was within walking distance. Breakfast was very nice and fresh. Would stay here again.

Good Bang for the Buck

by TripAdvisor Member Med_Fiz_Guy

I stayed at this hotel due to it's proximity to the Washington State Convention Center but that turned out to be only one of it's benefits.
The nightly rate was about %30-40 less than the Hyatt across the street. I will admit that if you're looking for flash and newness this is not your hotel. The lobby is small and understated. The rooms are not flashy but are pleasant and very clean and more than meet the 3 star rating. The lack of a restaurant on-site is more than made up for by the fact that within 3 blocks you couldn't count the number of decent restaurants on both hands. If budget was no option I probably would stay somewhere else but since that is seldom the situation I like this place.

Fantastic value

by TripAdvisor Member racheyb2

My husband and I had a great time at this hotel. Although slightly small for a junior suite, it was exceptionally well presented and clean. The bed was really comfortable and exactly what we needed after a long trip. We arrived after room servce has closed and staff were really helpful with advising us on the best local take outs and we ended up ordering a pizza direct to our room- who needs room service!
The staff were helpful and considerate, and service is fast and efficient.
I would rather have stayed in the smaller, modern and spotless room at the Roosevelt with the warm service than some of the larger flee pits we saw around the fabulous city.
I will stay here again.

Loved this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Lattenut

First off, this hotel is not for everyone. The single rooms are small, but I found that to be part of its charm. The bathroom is tiny, but very functional. The walls must be thick because I heard no noise from either side or from above (and the hotel was sold out). Great views out the window. All in all - a very enjoyable stay. I will be staying here again next year.

Great Location, Tiny Room

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip.
The location and proximity to shopping, dining and attractions can't be beat.
I had a single room which was quite small.
The room furnishings need updating. The bathroom was small but adequate.
The breakfast buffet was very tasty.
A good assortment of fruit, yogurt, cereal, hot buffet items, juices, tea and coffee.
As the previous poster said this hotel is not for everyone. If you are used to a 5-star luxury hotel this is probably not the place for you. However if you'd like a small and charming hotel within in walking distance of all the major attractions then I would recommend The Roosevelt.

Good Place

by TripAdvisor Member Fivepack

Stayed one night at the Roosevelt on business. Check in clerk was friendly, bell staff very courteous. The lobby is what I would describe as a smaller, botique type hotel. They had music & wine on a Wednesday night, it was quite nice.
The room and bathroom were quite small but just fine for me. Continental breakfast in the attached bar/restaurant was fine with a hot meal available for the typical $10 hotel buffet. It was good.
The area is excellent. Across the street from an indoor mall that had several restaurants in it. It is in the heart of the downtown shopping area and an easy walk to Pike Street Market.
For my corporate rate of $109 in that location it was an excellent value. I would stay there again.

Loved the Roosevelt!

by TripAdvisor Member obrienjs

We just stayed at the Roosevelt for 3 nights over St. Patrick's day weekend. We had a wonderful time. From the moment the Valet took the car to check out our stay was wonderful. The room (jacuzzi room) was large, the jacuzzi was huge and the view was nice. Everything is within walking distance. Having worked in hospitality for the last 8 years, I am pretty picky when it comes to lodging. Knowing that the Roosevelt was an older hotel, we were pleasantly surprised. We would definately stay at the Roosevelt again.

Not as nice as it could have been

We stayed there for 1 night and the room was ok but not real clean, found hair (other persons) on a few items. Staff at desk not to concerned about the custumers waiting. Went to check out and door man took our suitcases out side and my wife saw him pitch them off of curb into street. He then after being ticket off pitched them back up onto the sidewalk. Good thing there was not any breakable items in there. Just not a place i would stay again.

Comments