1112 4th Ave., Seattle, Washington, 98101, United States

Booking.com WHotels.com Orbitz.com

Costs 42% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• W Hotel Seattle "The Best Hip Hotel"

Leave the kid's at home but bring Bowser. The W has an extensive array of amenities for your dog or cat if they are coming.

This is not likely going to be Grandma and Grandpa's favorite

It's hip, it's hot, it's fun. Hallways are pretty dark but I did not have any problem with that, I sort of liked it.

The Earth & Ocean restaurant is one of downtown's best and is by far its most stylish.

Get a corner room upgrade if you can, rooms are larger and offer corner views. Rates range from 180-265ish depending on the time.

Unique Quality: Great Location!!!

FUNKY AND FUN/ WITH CLASS

The Earth & Ocean restaurant is a must dine restaurant, staying in the hotel makes it very convienient :-)

Room Service - pricy but FANTASTIC food quality and service!

Valet Staff very friendly and quick!

love the BLISS Products

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

Seattle's Beacon of Peaceful rest

With all the hustle and bustle of caffeine addicted Seattle residents, the hosts at the W seem to be a refreshing group of young hoteliers.

After you get your key... you are headed up stairs... maybe to get your leisure suit on and head back down to the bar... or maybe off to dream land in your comfortable bed.

• Jttops's Profile Photo

Our first W Experience

Our stay here got us hooked on the virtures of a featherbed. The vibe at a W Hotel has been consistent with our experience in Seattle. Great decorating style and atmosphere to the room. Nice view to the south from our window - you could spot Safeco Field easily. Very comfortable environment.

More about W Seattle

Downtown Fashion

by PurpleTravels about W Seattle

Right smack in the middle of downtown, the W provides an urban/sleek feeling which was just perfect for our first trip to Seattle. My husband and I took advantage of a great 'recession price' of $149 per night, which is much lower than the usual $300+ rate.

Pros:
The location can't be beat- walking distance to most of the sites/restaurants (e.g., to the Space Needle, Monorail, etc)
Nice bathrooms with 'Bliss' product
Cars for complimentary rides to your destination (if you hit the timing right- first come, first served)
Decent service

Cons:
The decoration is a bit dark (even for a W)
Views are ok, but not great (we were on a top floor- no direct views of Puget sound from where we were)
Parking is expensive at $40/night- there are other local garages that are cheaper, so I would go for that

They have a gym, but we didn't test it out...

Golfing

by joiwatani

Here are the golf courses, addresses and telephone numbers:

1. Jefferson Park Golf Course

206-285-2200

4. Jackson Park Golf Course
1000 NE 135th St., Seattle, WA
206-363-4747

Hip and cool hotel-loved it!

Stayed at the W Hotel Seattle for 2 nights. It was a great experience and definitely not what I had expected.

When I first stepped into the lobby I felt like I was in a lounge/bar! The lobby was dark and dimly lit with scented candles. The hallways were also dimly lit--But so what! They don't call it the W Hotel for nothing.

The rooms were very contemporary and immaculate. Room service and valet was a bit pricey. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Overall I would definitely stay at the W Hotel all over again.

Very Nice with a Unique Urban Flair

by TripAdvisor Member Vermonter_7

This was my first stay at a W property. Contrary to what is written on here--at least by some--I found the W Seattle to be just what I was looking for. As a volunteer coordinator for a group, I was able to negotiate a rate of $136/ night (for 11 rooms). The rooms were immaculate and as advertised, well-equipped. While it's true that the hallways are dimly lit (with difused blue lighting), that's the point! The W Seattle is a funky Seattle property right in the heart of downtown and within easy walking distance to Pike Market and other attractions. If you're looking for bright lights, go to a Holiday Inn or Motel 6. (You'll be sure to get a light of hallway lighting there albeit flourescent!). The staff was very friendly and warmly welcomed my group. We used the Strategy Room which had a nice Boardroom-type setting with a fixed table and built-in audio visual equiptment. I ordered in a continental breakfast for thr group consisting of bagels and cream cheese (average); Starbucks Coffee (always good) and the W's own homemade granola bars (AWESOME!) My only complaint was that the meeting room itself had no windows. I'm one of those persons who likes to see natural light. They do have meeting rooms with windows but they are your standard ballroom types with folding walls to compartmentalize the groups meeting. I was going for a more "fixed" boardroom. What can you do? That's the way the architect planned it. The lobby is tastefully done and the reception desk is lit by a row of flickering tea lights/candles. Again, not commercially illuminated but that's the point! Something different and unique. I would go back to this establishment--without hesitation. Actually, now I am very curious about other W properties located throughout the country.

Big Disappointment with Front Desk

I was in W hotel in August 12-15,2004. I arrived at 11:30am, but was told I couldn't check in till 3pm. So, with no choice, I have to open up my suitcase IN THE LOBBY to take out things I will need to do some city walking and take pictures. They had my suitcase placed in a storage in the meantime. I came back at 7pm that night to check in. The front desk girl asked for my credit card, which I did. Then she asked for an ID picture. I told her it is in my suitcase, which is in the storage. She told me she need to see it. I told her that I am NOT going to open up my suitcase IN THE LOBBY for the second time, as it is very humiliating. The hotel manager said the same thing (we need your ID) and couldn't offer another alternative, even when I suggested that they take me to one room with my suitcase where I can open it privately. All he can ofer are apologies. Finally another front desk girl suggested they check me in and then another staff will take me to my room with the suitcase then be able to take my ID picture out to show. I agreed to this.
This only shows you that even if a hotel is supposed to be cool, the front desk and more so the hotel manager WASN'T. I told the staff and the hotel manager that we are coming in that day as a big group of 70-80 people, and that this incident will not pass unnoticed to the management and coordinating people, so that they will think 10 times or more before they decide to book a W hotel again in the future for a meeting.

Never again

We checked in at the W to find that one of our adjoining rooms was not quite ready yet. We felt that was fine since we were able to use one room to get ready in for dinner out. When we arrived back at the hotel after dinner they said the adjoining room was not going to be available and so four of us were all crammed into one king bed room. One had to sleep on the little sofa and one on a rollaway. The lack of compassion by the front desk was unbelievable.

Room service Sunday morning took 1 1/2 hours to arrive and obviously had been left sitting for quite some time. Retriving our bags from storage was also an incredibly long wait. Never again.

Great hotel, if you like that kind of thing

I travel frequently for business and spend a lot of my time in hotels; this was one of the better experiences I have had in a while.

If you like staying at a budget hotel or don’t mind mediocre then this probably isn't the place for you.

If you want to stay in an ultra-sheik and trendy hotel, like mood lit hallways and aren't too concerned that everything, including the mini-bar water is designer labelled (lovely bottles though!) then this is defiantly the place to stay.

I -will- stay here again when back in Seattle.

Hotels in Seattle

by kmuffle

I am after some advice on a where to stay in seattle. I am visiting in September for 4 nights.

I looking for something 4* and to pay up to £150 per night. I would like the location near to bars, restaurants and shopping.

RE: Hotels in Seattle

by yvr

Some of the better hotels, Westin, Sheraton, Crowne Plaza, Monaco,Red Lion. All downtown and close to all shopping. While in Seattle, be sure to visit the Cheesecake Factory for lunch or dinner.

RE: RE: Hotels in Seattle

by heywinks

I stayed at the W Seattle. VERY comfortable beds, good room size, clean, Bliss spa products. It's on Fourth St, about a block or two from the Seattle Public Library. It's about 3-4 blocks to Pike Street Market and other shopping and bar/restaurant areas. Everything is within walking distance from the hotel. I even walked to the International area/Chinatown.

RE: Hotels in Seattle

by bigdm

You might want to try hotwire.com and pick a 4* downtown. You can't really go wrong

Comments