603 State Route 906, Snoqualmie Pass, Washington, 98068, United States
Summit Inn at Snoqualmie Pass
Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Snoqualmie

Centennial Fields includes large parking areaCentennial Fields includes large parking area

Centennial Fields entrance (note sign on fence)Centennial Fields entrance (note sign on fence)

Centennial Field: vast area for play, concert, etcCentennial Field: vast area for play, concert, etc

live music also featured sometimes at Isadora'slive music also featured sometimes at Isadora's

Travel Tips for Snoqualmie

Skiing on Christmas

by aussiedoug

Really it was so special for us coming fom what I have termed, "The Land of the Cold Christmas" because we got to ski on Christmas day. This was our second "cold" Christmas in a row (previous one in New York during our honeymoon), but our first "White Christmas". Mind you we then had another 3 in a row in the winter wonderland Wisconsin, but we didn't ski on Christmas day again so this still remains a special memory for us, despite being so far away from loved ones and missing (lol) the normaol scorching heat of Aussie Christmas Day! We had our own gear with us (including boots & skis), but check the website below to see what hire/rental stuff is available. That holiday we also skied at Whistler, tiny little Sunburst at West Bend then Whitecap Mountains (both in Wisconsin & the latter being a great ski area in far north-western) si it was whorthwhile bringing our gear all the way form Australia.
For you dear traveller, if you're interested then check out the website below for what you can get and for what cost to see what is most worthwhile for you.

Centennial Park

by glabah

The primary attraction of this park is the huge athletic fields that are here. From time to time there are special events held here, and it may be useful to take a look at local events schedules to see what is going on at the park during your visit.

There is also a fairly extensive playground.

There is also a large parking lot.

The primary reason why I came to this park is that it is on the way from the downtown area to the link between city streets and the Snoqualmie Valley Trail. If you came here by driving you may find it better to park across the street from the off-leash dog area, as the off-leash dog area has very limited parking. On the other hand, if you came to Snoqualmie by driving and have a car available, it would probably be better to find a different trailhead than the one offered here, as this section of the Snoqualmie Valley Trail is not exceptionally interesting. It isn't bad or ugly or anything, but it also doesn't have anything remarkable either.

On the other hand, if you arrived in Snoqualmie by public transit, Centennial Park is a significant landmark on your way to the off-leash dog area that links the city streets of Snoqualmie with the Snoqualmie Valley Trail.

Small Town Divided by a Busy Road

by glabah

Snoqualmie is a cute little town with a number of older buildings in its old central business district, but a large portion of the activity now takes place along Interstate 90, which is some distance from town. The good news is that this has preserved a number of the older buildings, and thus made it a bit of a tourist attraction.

However, the main road that does run through the middle of town is heavily traveled, and signals are not very common, so crossing it can be a challenge.

Snoqualmie

by blue_sky04

This trip was an unplanned trip for me.
It was on the weekend when my bestfriends asked me what I wanted to see or do.
I was visiting them, so they wanted to take me somewhere. I said I had no specific plan. Finally they offered me two options: the Snoqualmie or the Washington Dinner train (with a visit to winery).

I told my friends that I'd never heard the name Snoqualmie and it sounded interesting, so we decided to drive down to this place. Also, the distance to Snoqualmie is closer to where my friends live.

Snoqualmie has a beautiful nature. It's surrounded with green forests. I didn't have much time to explore the area, but this small town seems to offer a great escape from a busy city life.

"The attractions"

I only had the chance to see two main attractions there:
- the waterfalls
- the train ride with great view of the valley

There will be a Railroad Museum in the future.

Greyraven23's Snoqualmie Page

by Greyraven23

Some of you might recognize this as the waterfall that was used to open the Twin Peaks TV show... if you are in Washington, it's worth the drive. The hotel is supposed to be very nice and sits overlooking the waterfall.

Comments