6501 Railroad Ave Se
Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Salish Lodge And Spa

Kudos to Salish Lodge: A Wonderful Experience

by TripAdvisor Member FernandoBee

I just returned from a wonderful evening at the Salish Lodge with my girlfriend. The service was impeccible and very professional. The overall experience at their restaurant is outstanding. They went out of their way to take care of us. Rose petals on the table and a private area was the best touches. Room was superb. Even though I could not figure out how to use the shower, the amenities were great. Fireplace and a wonderful view of the Falls. I am very impressed with the kind folks at Salish Lodge and would return in a NY minute. Well Done!

Snoqualmie Falls is one of...

by Davidp1952

Snoqualmie Falls is one of Washington state's most popular scenic attractions. At the Falls, you will find a two-acre park, observation deck, gift shop, the Salish Lodge and the famous 270 foot waterfall. The falls is in the Cascade Mountains east of Seattle.

Super Salish

My wife and I spent several days at the Salish Lodge during our vacation in the Pacific Northwest. I must admit that we had concerns about the Lodge because of the negative reviews. After some contact with persons who had stayed at the Lodge, we chose to make the Salish Lodge our retreat.

Our choice was outstanding. From the moment we drove in the driveway and were greeted by the staff, we had an out of this world getaway. Everyone had a smile on their face and seemed to really enjoy their work. The staff was always courteous, knowledgeable and very professional. The facility was equally outstanding and first class. We had a beautiful room that overlooked the falls and the sound would put almost anyone to sleep. The beds, nightly turndowns with chocolates, robes and all of the pampered touches were wonderful. We had two wonderful breakfasts and the servers were very professional.

We loved the place and the people and plan on another stay in 2006.

You have lost your reputation with me

The Lodge was once a great place to enjoy food, service and a wonderful place to stay. They must now learn that the years of hard work building such a great reputation can be lost in the blinking of an eye. The food is unworthy of even a two star restaraunt rating, and the management staff should not recieve any more pay than a fast food server (many of them are even better) We have been to the lodge many times in the past years and it was always a great experience. NO MORE! We have the choice to never return and so shall it be. Just because you charge prices that should reflect quality won't make it so. Perhaps someone or some corporation will purchase and restore her to her former self until then we pass.

So-So Salish

Great in-room fireplace, comfortable bed, showers are wierd, great masssage, zero view. Room 105 had wierd loud scraping noises coming from above, like they were moving refrigerators. Restaurant food was lousy! Servers were amateur. And very serious $$$! We'd have been much happier with well prepared food with lower aspirations. Dining room was cold & drafty. If you must stay here for the romance quotient- eat in town.

Impressed

We stayed at the Lodge as a suprise trip for my husbands B-day. We are from San Diego so we had to fly. I found the Lodge by accident while watching a TV show about their restaurant. I found an Eagle Watching Trip they offered. I bought the Eagle Watching Package for my husband. I did not upgrade the room to a "falls view" room so I was prepared for the road noise and the electrical plant that other reviewers talked about. I never even noticed the road noise. The staff was great. The eagle trip was cancelled due to the rain but the trip coordinator Kim was excellant. She made sure I knew well in advance that the trip might be cancelled. When they decided to actually cancel, she let me know and made sure I was aware of other activities. We had non-refundable airfare so we went anyway. The room was awesome!!! The whirlpool tub was huge. The fireplace was beautiful. They offered with a dura-flame log or you could make your own fire with wood they provided. They paid great attention to detail. Lots of coffee for the coffee pot and robes and slippers. We ate in the Attic one night and had a great server who gave us ideas for fun things to do. The restaurant was very expensive and gourmet but it was fun for one night. I wouldn't go back. The breakfast was equally as expensive so we skipped it altogher and found a great little place down the road instead. We hiked to the bottom of the falls and it is a must!! Everyone was extremely helpful and polite. We had a bill problem at check out and it was handled perfectly. I would stay here again.

nice but got nickel and dimed like crazy

I have stayed here a few times and was here last weekend. I stayed 1 night- had an egg in the morning via room service which cost me $34 b/c they add $10 for delivery. Had a $180 dinner because I couldnt bring in my own wine, and wanted to have wine with dinner. We split breakfast and were charged a $15 share fee for the country breakfast so that totaled over $50- basically My one night stay was around $700 and I didn't sleep at all because the pillows were so uncomfortable. I am not a complainer, however I stay in a lot of nice hotels and I just feel completly ripped off. I have stayed at the Ritz for way less. Not worth your hard earned cash - stay at the W in Seattle or even the Bellvue Club- lots more amnenities and you wont spend as much.

More Than the Home of 'Twin Peaks' & the Falls

by aussiedoug

My wife and I had Christmas at the magnificent Salish Lodge (see my accommodation tip) in 1993. After skiing in the morning we came back in afternoon to relax before having a sumptuous Christmas dinner complemented by superb wine.

Afterwards it was lovely to go for a drive and enjoy the way people in the village and up the valley had decorated the houses with lights. Very Christmassy indeed.

We also did some outlet shopping somewhere nearby, within a matter of minutes drive, that was o.k. value.

Also, this was the setting for the television series, "Twin Peaks" starring Kyle McLachlan as the FBI agent. Interesting isn't it that Washington state also was used for "Northern Exposure" at Rosslyn (did I get the spelling right) and my current favourite, "Frasier", that I'm really disappointed will be finishing soon.

Centennial Fields includes large parking areaCentennial Fields includes large parking area

Centennial Fields offers views of surrounding mtnsCentennial Fields offers views of surrounding mtns

eccentric decorations continue into the bathroomseccentric decorations continue into the bathrooms

post cards, other local products in Isadora'spost cards, other local products in Isadora's

Comments