Salish Lodge & Spa

lar-n-me's Profile Photo

a wonderful bday..5 stars and deserving 1 more

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 19, 2004

Larry took me to the Salish Lodge and Spa. It was one of the most beautiful places (experience, as well) I've ever known, and I'm writing this many years after being there (trying to update pages!!! haha). You couldn't be disappointed by the place if you tried. Seattle city scene is not too far away... we actually painted the town red (Seattle, that is) then came back to the lodge for Salish pampering. It's fit for royalty.
Unfortunately, I don't have pictures, so their website is attached.
Also, (if time allows), check out the small town night life.
Website:
salish lodge & spa

Unique Quality: The lodge actually is right at the top of beautiful Snoqualmie Falls. Absolutely so surreal.

aussiedoug's Profile Photo

Great spot for Christmas

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 8, 2003

As stated in my intro, my wife and I had Christmas here in 1993. We drove up from Seattle in the morning and after skiing we checked in. In our room was a complementary crystal Christmas decoration which we still enjoy putting on our tree each year, bringing back lovely memories of our first white Christmas!
We had a lovely room which overlooked the river from just sort of behind the falls. We could sit in the comfortably large enough bathtub and look out our balcony doors at a pretty view. Mind you it was a bit chilly at that time of year to leave them open too long!!
Dinner was a sumptuous feast indeed and was complemented by superb wines. We had a great waiter by the name of Chad who was lovely and knew his wines. I had never heard about 'ice wine' until we'd met him and he equally enjoyed hearing about our Australian sparkling red wines - methode champenoise!
I would heartily recommend this place at any time of year given what it offers. See the website for more information.

Unique Quality: Salish Lodge was five star rated accommodation when we stayed there. I would imagine it still is.
It has a fabulous setting, but we found it a bit eerily romantic given we'd seen the "Twin Peaks" television series not that long before.
"She's dead wrapped in plastic"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would love to go back again and take our almost 5 year old twin girls for a white Christmas in a superb hotel in an absolutely beautiful setting. The staff were friendly and helpful without being either obseqious or, the other extreme, arrogant. A great place to spoil yourself and your loved one/s.

Directions: 30 miles east off Seattle and take exit 25.
See the website below for more exact directions from either downtwon Seattle or Sea-Tac airport

Nearby Salish Lodge & Spa

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Snoqualmie Travel Forum

Need advice about Snoqualmie, Washington State? Visit the Travel Forum for Snoqualmie and ask our Answer Gurus.

Snoqualmie Travel Guide