Po Box 1109, Snoqualmie, WA 98065

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

• lar-n-me's Profile Photo

a wonderful bday..5 stars and deserving 1 more

Larry took me to the Salish Lodge and Spa. It was one of the most beautiful places (experience, as well) I've ever known, and I'm writing this many years after being there (trying to update pages!!! haha). You couldn't be disappointed by the place if you tried. Seattle city scene is not too far away... we actually painted the town red (Seattle, that is) then came back to the lodge for Salish pampering. It's fit for royalty.
    Unfortunately, I don't have pictures, so their website is attached.
    Also, (if time allows), check out the small town night life.
    Website:
    salish lodge & spa

Unique Quality: The lodge actually is right at the top of beautiful Snoqualmie Falls. Absolutely so surreal.

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo

Great spot for Christmas

As stated in my intro, my wife and I had Christmas here in 1993. We drove up from Seattle in the morning and after skiing we checked in. In our room was a complementary crystal Christmas decoration which we still enjoy putting on our tree each year, bringing back lovely memories of our first white Christmas!
    We had a lovely room which overlooked the river from just sort of behind the falls. We could sit in the comfortably large enough bathtub and look out our balcony doors at a pretty view. Mind you it was a bit chilly at that time of year to leave them open too long!!
    Dinner was a sumptuous feast indeed and was complemented by superb wines. We had a great waiter by the name of Chad who was lovely and knew his wines. I had never heard about 'ice wine' until we'd met him and he equally enjoyed hearing about our Australian sparkling red wines - methode champenoise!
    I would heartily recommend this place at any time of year given what it offers. See the website for more information.

Unique Quality: Salish Lodge was five star rated accommodation when we stayed there. I would imagine it still is.
    It has a fabulous setting, but we found it a bit eerily romantic given we'd seen the "Twin Peaks" television series not that long before.
    "She's dead wrapped in plastic"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I would love to go back again and take our almost 5 year old twin girls for a white Christmas in a superb hotel in an absolutely beautiful setting. The staff were friendly and helpful without being either obseqious or, the other extreme, arrogant. A great place to spoil yourself and your loved one/s.

Directions: 30 miles east off Seattle and take exit 25.
    See the website below for more exact directions from either downtwon Seattle or Sea-Tac airport

More about Salish Lodge & Spa

Snoqualmie Falls (Washington)

by zrim

Did you ever see the cult tv hit "Twin Peaks" produced by David Lynch? The opening sequence always showed these falls with creepy eerie music. When the series first aired in the early 1990s, I was very proud because I had actually been to these falls--one of the few places in the world I had been at that point.

I've seen many a falls since and I'd have to say that Snoqualmie still rates right up there. The coolest feature is the dual nature of the falls as it tumbles 270 feet to the riverbed below.

Snoqualmie Falls is about 50 miles east of Seattle in the foothills of the Cascade Mountains. At the top of the falls is the Salish Lodge which hosted the groom's dinner for my oldest sister's wedding in 1986.

What's wrong with the Salish?

Boy,what a disappointment. My sister was in town from St. Louis and wanted to treat her kids to a great meal with great service at the Salish Lodge. It was great except for the meal and the service. This was a very light lunch service on a Tuesday afternoon. Twenty minutes to get our first drink order. Thirty five minutes for our food order with only eight other people in the room. I've had better service at Chevron station. The meal arrived. Clams and broth cool if not cold. Two of of the other three orders very wrong. The grill station needs to learn the different temperatures for meat. Man,medium well and medium were all blood rare! Just not a very pleasant experience considering the laughable prices. I have to say our server comped one of the meals because of the incredible lenght of time to refire the order. Oh,I loved the $5.00 valet parking for non hotel guest. They take your car and park it 10 feet away. Thanks so much,I don't think I could have done that myself. Save your money,spend it at a real restaurant in Seattle,there are plenty to go around.

Amazing Experience

Spent our anniversary at the Lodge, as we have for the past several years, and continue to be impressed with the added touches each year. Seems like we are hearing more about the lodge in the media and newspaper, so they must be doing something right. It is expensive for Seattle, but when you compare them to other destination resorts, they are right in line.

If you want to have a romantic evening, or escape for a couple of nights, this is the place. Seattle, the secret is out, the Salish is great!

Nice, but nothing special

by TripAdvisor Member mczielinski

This was a nice place, however I have stayed at much nicer places for less money.

My wife and I were here on our last day of our honeymoon to the Pacfic Northwest. We wanted to see the falls and this was the obvious place to stay to do so.

The lodge and rooms are gorgeous. The vehicle valets were outstanding and very courteous and helpful. The front desk staff, however, could have been more friendly and not so stuck up.

The room we had overlooked the top of the falls and it was an amazing room. The jacuzzi tub with windows that opened up to the living room and TV was very nice. The bed was amazing as well.

The falls, which are smack dab next to Salish is breathtaking. Pictures do not do it justice and the sound of it all is amazing.

The area is nice, Snoqualmie has some restaurants as well as North Bend(about 5 miles down the road)

In all it's a nice area and nice lodge. I don't mind spending the dough for a nice place to stay, but I just didn't get my value. I would be willing to stay again to see if it would be better, but who knows.

The Falls and the Falls gift shop are nice. There are also nice views of the mountains behind Salish as well. Pretty backdrop.

A Bit Spendy, but a Solid Romantic Getaway close to Seattle

by TripAdvisor Member iTraveler2007

Excellent Dining (both in the restaurant w/ great views) and room service. The rooms are well appointed (think contemporary lodge) w/ great beds, wood buring fireplace, jacuzzi tubs and big windows. Is showing some signs of wear (horrible water pressure in the shower and faucet) but you can't be the location (at the edge of Snoqualmie falls) or convenience (30 min from Seattle). It's spendy (nearly $400/night for our room which had a indirect view of the river/falls) but a solid experience on the whole...

oneonta_ni's new Washington page

by oneonta_ni

Washington is one of the most beautiful states in the US - second only to Oregon. That's a totally unbiased opinion (not)! Actually it is a very beautiful place and has every type of terrain you are looking for. Lush valleys produce some excellent wines, mountains are there for climbing, deserts to explore and there is even a rain forest.

One of my most memorable trips to Washington was going to the Salish Lodge, about 30 mins west of Seattle. This is a fabulously luxurious hotel on the edge of the Salish Falls. Twin Peaks fans will immediately recognise it as the Great Northern Hotel. When we were there it was about USD150 a night for one of the cheaper rooms but this included a fireplace, jacuzzi bath, comfy bathrobes and a well stocked mini bar. I recently checked the website and discovered the prices now start at USD285 - very expensive but if you want an evening of luxury for a special occasion, this is the place to go! Dinner in the restaurant was delicious and the scenery in the area is spectacular. You can see more at: www.salishlodge.com.

Comments