The Ridpath Hotel

515 W Sprague Ave, (formerly West Coast Ridpath), Spokane, Washington, 99201, United States

More about The Ridpath Hotel

Another Collection of Hotels

by seagoingJLW about Starwood Hotels

This conglomerate includes:
Westin Hotels
Sheraton Hotels
Four Points Sheraton Hotels
St. Regis Hotels
plus a luxury collection of hotels accesible from their website and a group called W Hotels. On the road you will find mostly Sheratons. The others are in cities.

Holiday Inn Express

by Tropical_Guy about Holiday Inn Express

Usually between $70 and $85 a night for two - I think the kids are free (my grandkids are). Most places that cost less than that are usually dumpy or creepy or will give you that 'unclean' feeling. Decent price, nice & quiet, nearly all new (less than 10 years old). Staff's always friendly, and they do a good job on their continental breakfasts, too. I've stayed at countless hotels & motels all over Washington, and this chain has never disappointed me. I joined their frequent traveler club - Priority Club, and it has worked great for me. (No, I'm not on their payroll!)

I stay at the Marriot or...

by tmiller

I stay at the Marriot or Hilton when traveling for my employer, I can't afford to stay at these places on my pocketbook.
Expensive. All facilities you would expect from **** hotels.

Charming Secret in San Fran's SOMA

by stephbud about Hotel Britton (Best Western)

This small, charming, affordable little hotel is located VERY conveniently in the South of Market area of San Francisco. 1 block from the BART and within walking distance to SFMOMA (SF Museum of Mod. Art). While the room was small (which I like), it had a quaint European feel. Windows open for a great breeze and ceiling fans in the room. Pizza place next door serves a free glass of wine or beer in the afternoon to hotel guests. Desk staff friendly and helpful. They are owned by Best Western as are several hotels in that block so if Britton doesn't have a service (such as larger safes at the front desk), you can take advantage of the pricer hotels across the street. Only complaint: the bass sound from the Pizza Place in the afternoon. But, when asked, they turned it down; no prob.

I prefer the small mom & pop...

by jtb2inky

I prefer the small mom & pop Bed & Breakfasts. They are cheaper and better in most instances than the big hotel chains. Breakfast is typically included in the price of your stay. I prefer to book lodging ahead of time since I am traveling with my family, which includes a small child. There are many great websites with hotel/B&B listings. That being said, North America has many very good hotels and resorts that should be experienced as well. Often, you can find tremendous deals for staying at these establishments. I must confess that for hotel stays in the USA I tend to get the best price quotes from www.priceline.com.

GOOD HOTELS

by Hosell about MILDFORD PLAZA HOTEL

I'll show you in here just a few of the numerous hotels that I stayed in the United States.Lucky I been in one of best hotels in the capital and also in another nice hotel in NY.
This picture was taken at "Mildford Plaza Hotel" in New York,the price for a standart doble room is of $165. it is located in the heart of Manhattan,at Brodway.The "good hotels" in big american cities are very expensive.

In Washington D.C I stayed in one of best hotels in the city: "Washington Hilton & Towers" the price of a standar doble room in of $244. I payed a little bit less because I booked a room by a spanish travel agency and I just payed about $175. but really still being very much!!!!.

Picture taken at Mildford Plaza Hotel in NY

A swanky, but familiar chain

by b1bob about Sheraton

My personal experience with Sheraton was in Arlington, Virginia and quite by accident. I stayed with Matt, Kathy, and Chris for my first VT meeting. The rooms are well-appointed and clean, the lobby is posh, and it offers amenities not seen in the midpriced chains such as a swimming pool, gym, and ballroom. While the amenities may vary slightly from property to property, I have no reason to believe the overall upscale feel is unique to Sheraton National in Arlington. Sheraton Hotels & Resorts is the largest of the Starwood conglomerate which also includes Westin, with more than 400 hotels and resorts in over 70 countries. Sheraton Hotels & Resorts serves business travelers and holidaymakers alike and are located in a majority of the world's largest cities and popular holiday spots.

Red Roof Inn

by b1bob about Red Roof Inn

Red Roof Inn is part of the Accor Hotels conglomerate which also includes Motel 6. I thought the pungent cleaning fluid was an isolated thing at the Motel 6 in Linthicum Heights, Maryland, but it is apparently an Accor thing. It was rather perfumey and it affected my sinuses. As if that wasn't bad enough, the heating unit- when working- made noise loud enough that I couldn't sleep. So, it was essentially a question of turn the heat on, be warm, and never be able to sleep and keeping the heat off, sleeping for a time until I get cold, and only having a partial night's sleep. Topping that off, the cable selection was basic- without FOX News, The Discovery Channel, Food Network, or anything like that. I have stayed at budget hotels that offered more than twice the selection offered by Red Roof Inn in Mount Laurel, New Jersey.

I prefer the small mom & pop...

by jtb2inky

I prefer the small mom & pop Bed & Breakfasts. They are cheaper and better in most instances than the big hotel chains. Breakfast is typically included in the price of your stay. I prefer to book lodging ahead of time since I am traveling with my family, which includes a small child. There are many great websites with hotel/B&B listings. That being said, The United States has many very good hotels and resorts that should be experienced as well. Often, you can find tremendous deals for staying at these establishments. I must confess that for hotel stays in the USA I tend to get the best price quotes from www.priceline.com.

A GREAT PLACE IN LAS VEGAS

by Hosell about BELLAGIO HOTEL

During our days in Las Vegas,we tried to stay in the Hotel Excalibur in the Strip,but because it was July and high season the hotel it was full.Then we asked in a few more and the same answer,finally we found a small and nice hotel that I'll show you on the next tip.

I never stayed a night here at Bellagio hotel in Las Vegas,but I would like to place that hotel here in accommodations because is one of best hotels in the city and with a reasonable price comparing with other big american cities,about $190.

Don't miss the fountain and music free show in the garden of hotel!.

hotels and what to do

by kaibab

Any mid-price hotels you can recommend?
And what is unmissable in summer in Spkane - is it even worth a visit?!

Re: hotels and what to do

by royalempress

Well, to be honest I would skip Spokane. We have lived there and even though its a nice town, I would never go out of my way to visit. There are quite a few small lakes surrounding Spokane none are particularly special.

There is so much to see in Washington State, I would stick to seeing some of its natural beauties from the mountains to the ocean. If you are into farming, Eastern Washington is the farming area.
I hope this helps..

by royalempress

If you still want to visit, try the hotel Holiday Inn Express. It is really very nice and very reasonable.

by kaibab

OK, advice taken Spokane now off itinerary!
Unless of course it is a wonderful place that you just want to keep for yourselves.

The more advice we get the more we think we'll never do all we want in 3 weeks, we don't just want to drive and sightsee, hiking is a must, and staying several days in a place so we really get the feel of it.

You got it right, Washington is full of fantastic places.

by kxner

Are you still wondering about Spokane? It's actually a very scenic place. We have a river through the middle to town. Riverfront Park is nice. Manito Park was designed by the same guy that designed Central Park in NYC. We have some amazing architecture. And the Centennial Trail can be biked or hiked as far as Idaho! Granted, it may not be a Destination, per se, but it's got stuff. And there are some exceptional lakes around here. Coeur d'Alene is a world class resort destination. Pend Oreille is massive and deep enough to train submarines! You won't find a prettier lake than Priest Lake. And there's 50 some other lakes around too. Kellogg in North Idaho (an hour away) has the world's longest gondola that will take you high up in the mountains. (Take the chairlift once you get to the top to go even higher ... ) No, I don't work for the Visitor Bureau, but I'm thinking I should!!

Hotels in the Pinchot Area

by smolakid

Hello fellow VT'ers:
4 of us will be in the Columbia Gorge Area for a few days and then migrate north to the Gifford Pinchot Area
for 3-4 days for a waterfall-viewing vacation.
Our hotel plans are almost set for the Gorge Area, but
not in the Pinchot Area. Can anyone please recommend a hotel / pluming facilities in either
Trout Lake or Cougar? I've found some cabins w/o
pluming but has outhouses. The ladies may may
not sitting on a cold toilet with no shower.
Or, should I be looking for hotels in the Randle
and Packwood Area?
Thanks for all of your responces.
This trip is in late August 2005

Re: Hotels in the Pinchot Area

by smolakid

Hey, it's the Smolakid correcting my bad grammer.
This sentence should be " The ladies may not like
sitting on a cold toilet with no shower.

Re: Re: Hotels in the Pinchot Area

by goshawk301

There are some B&Bs both in Trout Lake and Randle listed on this web site:

I don't have a firsthand experience with any of them in that area, but they look nice!

Anacortes / Mt. Vernon Hotels

by jun2525

Does anybody know the cheapest hotel/motel in Mt. Vernon area (within 30 mile range)? I'm going to San Juan this weekend and will have to stay overnight there to catch the ferry. Thanks in advance.

RE: Anacortes / Mt. Vernon Hotels

by royalempress

It would be much nicer to stay in Anacortes. There are many bed and breakast places as well as small hotels. The town is much more interesting than Mt Vernon, and it's on the water.

The ferry dock is only about 5 min. from downtown.

Mike

by jun2525

Thanks for the info. Anacortes sounds great. But I might have to pass it up because of my budget limitation. I was looking for a hotel with a rate at around $40. I found one in Everett, although it's 30 miles away...

by royalempress

Everett is more than 30 miles! To drive to the ferry dock it would be at least a hour and a half in good traffic. Plus there are some not so nice areas in Everett that can be a little scary.

I saw a few hotels listed in Anacortes for $55.00 and they would be close. Be sure and get reservations for the ferry and be there at least a hour early in the summer.
Mike

by jun2525

Hmmm... An hour and a half... That's kind of far. I might drive down to Mt. Vernon or Anacortes and drop by the information desk for hotel info. They might know a good and affordable place.

I'm actually going to Orcas island, and it seems they don't take the reservation for the line. I'll have to be there early...

Have you been to Orcas island? I'm going to stay at Doe Bay Resort for hot springs. I hope it's going to be fun. I wonder if there is anything else to see this time of year, though.

RE: RE: RE: Anacortes / Mt. Vernon Hotels