1131 SKAMANIA LODGE WAY, Stevenson, WA 98648

Booking.com Travelocity Skamania.com

• Brehone's Profile Photo

The best choice in Stevenson for Lodging!

Beautiful accomodations! At Christmas they have live entertainment, Ginger Bread houses, Hot Chocolate and Cider in the Lobby-all around an amazing tree! The restaurant is warm and inviting and the hotel offers many services for their guests-spa treatments, children's activities, etc.

Unique Quality: Amazing views of the Columbia Gorge.

• cochinjew's Profile Photo

Wonderful view from the room

A sense of transcending to somewhere else. The rooms are rather spacious with very comfortable beds and furniture. There is DSL wireless access from rooms. The view is nothing but stunning, to the right, to the left and straightahead..

Unique Quality: Tranquil. Comfortable. Blends into nature

More about Skamania Lodge

Gorgeous, Relaxing Modern Lodge in a Rustic Setting

by TripAdvisor Member colt123

I surprised my husband on his birthday with an overnight at Skamania Lodge. He previously attended a conference there and talked about how much he liked the place. The rooms are spacious and nicely furnished with extra amenities (bathrobe, toiletries, basket of goodies which cost extra $ but nice assortment). We ate dinner in the informal dining area (there's also a formal dining room which is spendy) and the food was excellent....reasonably priced, plus we had a view of the Columbia River and watched the sun set over the mountains.
Later we donned our suits and robes and went soaking in the outdoor and indoor hot tubs. The spa area is being renovated so we had to walk outside to get to the pool and large hot tubs, but it was worth it. The outdoor tub is built next to a rock waterfall.
In the morning we enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the main dining room, and sat with coffee (coffee bars are set up in the main lodge area through out the day) and read while looking out at the view.
I highly recommend Skamania. I do suggest you watch for their "specials". We went on a Sunday night which has a package with room and breakfast for $109...the usual room prices are closer to $200/per night.

Thanksgiving at Skamania

by TripAdvisor Member OnMaberyRoad

Our family just returned from a Thanksgiving vacation at Skamania Lodge. This is a great place for families to gather for the holidays in a warm, welcoming atmosphere.

The staff was friendly and efficient, the grounds are breathtaking and the food is imaginative and high-quality. Their Friday night seafood buffet had my chowhound husband begging for mercy.

Even though it rained during most of our five days at Skamania, we kept busy hiking the trails, walking to the little town of Stevenson, taking day trips and relaxing at the indoor pool. It's flanked by large picture windows and features an indoor jacuzzi adjacent to the pool and a free-form, grotto-style jacuzzi outside under the stars (which could have been a few degrees hotter). We also made use of the sauna, massage and the nicely equipped gym.

In response to criticisms by other posters, I'd say the decor is exactly what you'd expect of a lodge -- not luxe, but perfectly fine and very clean. (Tip: Bring your own upscale bath products.) It's more than made up for by the fabulous two-story lobby with huge stone fireplace and a drop-dead view of the Columbia River. A great place to hang with your family between activities, sip free coffee, tea and cocoa and watch the changing sky.

I recommend stashing the kitchy gift basket and ignoring the minibar. Instead, head for the Stevenson market for in-room snacks. Try Andrew's for great takeout of pizza and calzone. Tons of wineries nearby offer great local values (Skamania charges a $15 corkage fee).

Booking over their website is overly complicated -- better to call. But make sure to confirm: when I did so, a couple of days before arrival, the lodge had no record of our reservations for Thanksgiving dinner. This was quickly remedied with many apologies, fortunately.

Beautiful country, but overpriced

The room was nice, but nothing special for the $250 a night. On the top of my list for a good experience is a comfortable bed. This one was too hard. There was no area to sit outside and relax with minimal privacy. The viewing area was one large seating area next to the bar. OK for a large party, not for a couple. We enjoyed the golf course. It's early and the greens will get better, but really fun course. The lodge would be more attractive with the addition of an outdoor pool.

We'll go there again for the golf, but will stay somewhere else.

Worth it's weight in gold

by TripAdvisor Member PacificNW

This lodge is located in one of the most beautiful spots in the country, and the lodge planners have taken full advantage of that. The lodge sits quietly in the forest, with beautiful views of the Columbia River gorge. The parking lot sits away from the hotel (a short walk), so no room looks out over a parking lot. The rooms were comfortable and clean, with all the expected amenities. The staff was consistently friendly and helpful, whether it was at the front desk or the pro shop. The golf course was one of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen, and we played 9 holes after 4 pm for a great price! A real bonus was the availability of fresh, gourmet coffee at all times in the lounge. Considering the nice rooms, peaceful & beautiful environment, helpful staff, and a myriad of available activities, I felt the hotel/resort was well worth it's weight in gold!

Nice Place - Disappointing Rooms

by TripAdvisor Member dubkitty

The views and the decor from the common areas are great. The staff was friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the remodel for the rooms seemed like they took the ball the 10 yard line and turned it over. Especially in the bathroom. There were new granite countertops but the fluorescent lighting and lack of fan were a real turn off in an already disappointingly tiny bathroom and closet area. The room itself was nice but again it felt like extra effort was made to make it special (great colors and expensive looking duvet) and then stopped short of really getting the job done (no art and a well used and out of place piece of cheap furniture). This room (forest view, which equals no view) at the regular price are $249 but worth about $149. We paid less because we were with a group but still thought our price was a bit high. I would never pay the $300 price tag for the same room with a view of the river.
We were there on a Friday and the had the Harvest Seafood Buffet and it was great. Everyone in our group enjoyed it. The dining room has a decidedly upscale cafeteria vibe but it can be overlooked.
It was raining when we were there and there were a few games you could check out but no other indoor activities. We went on the the Lake Loop Hike with an umbrella borrowed from the lodge which was nice.
I wouldn't stay here again because the rooms don't live up to their price or the rest of the place.

Overpriced

by TripAdvisor Member Traveler004

I agree with the many reviews that expressed poor value considering the experience for the price. I have stayed in many hotels and motels of all stars and price points, and this one just wasn't worth it for the cost.

The rooms were intentionally decorated to old-school arts & crafts lodge style, but I have to agree that they didn't pull it off, especially in the bathrooms, considering the price of the room. They were clean but nothing special, and my tv had poor reception / sound quality. I ordered room service one night and it was mediocre. The burger bun was rock hard stale.

Although smoking is not allowed inside, I seemed to encounter smokers on every sidewalk and patio, including somehow, someone's smoke blew directly into my room window. I also had issues with noise in my room, there was a very heavy / loud person stomping around above my room before dawn each morning. I was able to get moved to the top floor for the last of three nights and that made a big difference.

I was attending a 3 day meeting and my impression is that other than spending most of their effort/money on the public areas, their emphasis is on meetings and weddings. Our experiences in the conference facilities were good except for the teensy weensy food portions. Again, not worth the high price we paid for catering.

Won't do it again at these prices.

Gorge - ous!

by TripAdvisor Member Steve107

A gorgeous place to stay in a gorgeous place. The lodge and dining room ambiance are perfect for the northwest. Staff was great -- dining service was slow at first but great once they got there. The rooms are a little on the plain side but with a view like that out the window it does not really matter.

Wonderful hiking trails and a beautiful 18 hole golf course. Leave your driver in the bag -- it is VERY tight!

Washington's best kept secret!

by Brehone

"Stevenson has a little bit of everything!"

If you love the outdoors then you will love Stevenson, WA! There is hiking, windsurfing, camping, golfing, skiing, all in the surrounding area. The scenery is absolutely amazing and the town is very charming. This is a place you can go with your family or for a romantic get away....Stevenson is great for any occasion!

"Skamania Lodge"

This lodge is amazing! You can stay there and be pampered by the excellent staff or just visit for an evening at their fabulous restaurant or lounge. They also have a room with rocking chairs nestled up to the fire place over looking the river and valley below....a perfect place to relax with a cup of hot chocolate or a good book-or both!

"Golf anyone?"

Skamania Lodge also offers a breath taking golf course!

Comments