3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• UNFOUNDED CHARGES - SMOKERS BEWARE

SMOKERS BEWARE!!!

So I understand that smoking is disgusting, however, it is our right to smoke as long as we do not break the law or violate any signed agreement (We live in California so we are used to not smoking in most places and do not smoke in our home or vehicles).

So after my husband's business stay...we had a $540 charge appear on our credit card. I called the hotel and asked what it was for, I was told they had found "proof" of smoking in the room. So I asked what proof they had found, i.e. a butt, empty pack, etc. They could not answer the question and were quite rude.

So I nicely e-mailed Best Western Corporate and they obviously forced the manager to send me an e-mail. He again stated that they had "proof," so I responded and asked what had they found? Again, no response. So I e-mailed the Corporate Office again and received a note back that they did not get involved in day to day operations of individual hotels and there was nothing they would do for me, nor would they prompt the manager to respond to me.

Again, I get it...if you actually smoke in a room-you should be charged! However, if you don't liter and dispose of a butt or leave an empty pack in your room...you get charged $500 plus tax without any consideration or explanation.

The reality is, we have quite a few chains out there to chose from...and since no other hotel has ever done this to us before-we will be taking our business elsewhere.

The sad thing is, if they were at all professional and cared about their customers, this would have been resolved and I would not feel the need to WARN everyone else against these types of predatory charges and practices.

• Great Place to Stay

My wife and I took the train from Seattle to Tacoma and walked (4 blocks) to the Best Western. We had a great room on the 6th floor, quiet and well furnished with desk, hi speed, sofa, microwave, refrigerator, etc. Went to the lounge downstairs for two draft beers and fish & chips for dinner. Price of $99 included continental breakfast the next morning (cereal, bagels & rolls. biscuits & gravy).

Unique Quality: Location is great, adjacent to Tacoma Dome and Sounder station and 4 blocks from Amtrak station.

Comments