7801 Ne Greenwood Dr, Vancouver, WA 98662

Heathman Lodge
Hotels.com Travelocity Booking.com

• 2snoopy's Profile Photo

Nicest Accomodations In Vancouver

Even though I live in Vancouver, I have stayed at the Heathman several times. The rooms are large and nicely appointed. Front desk staff are pleasant and efficient. Room service menu is dated. You are better off eating in the restaurant.

Unique Quality: Koi pond out front is nice. Exterior and interior of logs. Balcony rooms are my preference. Pool.

More about The Heathman Lodge

Happy At The Heathman Lodge

by TripAdvisor Member momstephano

With a second twelve hour driving day done we checked into the Heathman Lodge and were very impressed with the service and the room. It was very fresh and classy, yet rustic feeling. We watched a very funny movie on pay per view and then went to the restraunt inside the lodge for a four star dinner .In the room there was a nice relaxing chair which my husband wanted to bring home. We left the next day very refreshed and happy we stayed here.

Casual Yet Elegant Dining

by 2snoopy about Hudson's Bar & Grill @ The Heathman Lodge

Hudson's is a very nice restaurant in the Heathman Lodge. I experienced breakfast, dinner and room service. The bar is nice. On some evenings you can listen to piano music while enjoying a glass of wine. If busy, dinner can be somewhat noisy. There are two tables near the fire place which are considered romantic by some. I stay away because that fireplace puts out the heat! The menu changes on occasion due to seasonal availability. My personal favorites are the leg of lamb and venison. Really enjoy the house smoked salmon. The spinach salad with smoked Ricotta is fantastic. I understand the Ricotta is smoked onsite.

Awesome!

What an AWESOME escape. We visited the hotel on our Anniversary and had top notch service. We were surprised by the extra touches the hotel made to make our stay completely enjoyable. We live only 10 miles away but got an "escape" for our anniversary. We arrived at about 4pm planning to eat at the hotel but changed plans and went to a river-side restaurant. We came back about 9 pm and had a GREAT dessert in the restaurant. This is truly a remarkable hotel. You will love your stay!

We did have the foam matresses. I absolutely LOVED it and was probably the best nights sleep I've had in months. My wife didn't care for it so I guess it is really personal preference on that one! We have sleep number at home which is good too but I want to change to this bed!

Just Heaven!

by TripAdvisor Member newjerseyfamily

This really is the place to stay if your in this area. Hands down, a beautiful hotel with top notch service. We felt like we were being taken care of. The rooms are roomy, beautifully appointed, and clean. Beds very comfortable. Hudson's - the restraunt, was excellent. With AAA you can get $3.00 off breakfast or a free continental. First morning we tried breakfast - outstanding! Second morning we got the continental - and it was the prettiest continental breakfast I've ever seen. And excellent! Pool and hottub are great. Even their public bathrooms are worth looking at! Pleasant music plays in the hallways. You'll feel as if you stepped into another world. If only there were more hotels like this one. Also tried Beaches - a restraunt near the bridge to Portland -that was good too. Easy ride to Portland, and to visit Fort Vancouver. Visit the Oregon Trail Musuem, you'll be pleasantly surprised. I'd stay here anytime, and will probably work in a visit to this hotel with any future trips to this area.

A Wonderful Place to Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member jcool33

This hotel has the look and feel of a big country lodge, a nice change from the average hotel! There is a 4 star restaurant within the lodge and the food can't be beat! Everyone is very nice and accomodating. Each room is decorated with a country feel, very homey!
Don't hesitate on this one, Go!

Very Nice Experience

by TripAdvisor Member robontheroad

Very nice, clean and great value. Our two teens had fun staying in this lodge style hotel. We will stay here again when in the region. On a side street but actually very close to easy freeway access. Lots of dining nearby.

Feels Like a Lodge

by TripAdvisor Member Julauf

We stayed here just one night over Labor Day weekend. The room we had was large and both beds were queen size. Even the bathroom area was large. I appreciated that they had a frig and microwave. We had a nice big deck area as well. We took our kids and they loved the whole lodge "thing". The lobby had a huge pine log staircase and our deck had a similar style bench. Although we only had a view of the parking lot, it felt like we were at a park. The only thing I wish it had was a breakfast bar. If you upgrade to the business level, you can get the breakfast and other perks. The location was very close to restaurants and shopping. We would like to come back if we ever have a reason to go to southern Washington and would like to stay a little longer.

I suspect that you will be pleased

by TripAdvisor Member Biz&LeisureTtraveler

Very nice facility. A bargain for the price.

Temper-pedic beds combined with lodge motif drew us to the facility. The beds are quite nice but you should be aware of two factors: it can be a bit tricky to fall asleep on the mattress the first night if you are not used to these types of beds; they are no using bedliners, so cleanliness could prove to be an issue for those concerned about such issues.

Tip: they provide a free continental breakfast ticket to AAA members. If you want to order off the menu instead (very likley b/c scrumptous choices), you will probably still want to "order" the continental bfast in order to cover the cost of your coffee and juice.

Rooms are large and well-appointed. Staff is courteous and eager to assist.

Take time to wander the hallways. The hotel sports a nice art collection.

Wonderful Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member westcoastgirrl

I booked this hotel through the Portland Travel website under their "Big Deal" promo. We got a great rate for 3 nights. It was our first time visiting the Portland area so I wasn't sure how convenient the location was going to be but based on the reviews on this hotel I decided to book. My experience started a few days prior to leaving when the hotel phoned to ask if they could do anything to make our stay more pleasant. I mentioned that I'd need a crib and although I had requested one online I guess this info wasn't passed onto the hotel so she added it to her reservation. Great service. When we arrived early (like noon) our room was ready. The hotel lobby is very nice. Its a cottage/log cabin decor but in an upscale way. The rooms are spacious and have custom Pendleton wool blankets. We ate breakfast each morning Hudsons the on-site restaurant which was very nice. In the evenings there was a piano player in the lobby. The staff was extremely helpful. I had to request blankets for the crib (which was actually a playpen) and they arrived about 5 minutes later. Our double queen room also had a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The grounds are very nice. There is a small sitting area with a koi pond just outside for smokers. The hotel even sent us a letter thanking us for staying with them. Very nice touch. The only downside to this hotel is the location is not very convenient to Portland attractions (zoo, childrens museum) although the area by the hotel has a mall, and quite a few restaurants (like Olive Garden, Red Lobster, TGI Fridays, IHOP etc).

Comments