14580 Ne 145th St, Woodinville, WA 98072

Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

• Agraichen's Profile Photo

Prepare to pamper yourself

Dining at The Herbfarm requires you to either live close or find a hotel. The Willows Lodge is just across the parking lot from the restaurant so it was the natural choice. The staff virtually trip over themselves to be polite and ensure your stay is favorably remembered.

Unique Quality: Located only 30 minutes from Seattle in the middle of WA wine country this is the perfect location to relax and enjoy the area. In addition, it is PET FRIENDLY.

The rooms have deep soaking tubs with a separate walk-in shower. The beds are very comfortable with soft linens.

The hotel restaurant "Barking Frog" is excellent and famous Herbfarm is next door.

• Great lodge & stupid manager

We stayed two days in August 2009. Rooms are great but they rely too much on corporate business and DO not care about customers on vacation.
    Do not expect to drink a glass of wine at the bar if they have busyness party ongoing. Bar area is small and manager don't really care about you. For this reason, I will not go back

More about Willows Lodge

Loved willows lodge

by TripAdvisor Member NWSouthernBelle

Wonderful place to stay! Cozy, comfortable, modern rooms, great staff, excellent food at the Barking Frog or the Herb Farm, and the spa treatments and spa staff are heavenly. Can not wait to return to be pampered again and again!

Willows Lodge and Herb Farm

by TripAdvisor Member sbmtrip

stayed at the willows while having dinner at the herb farm.

nice interior and amenities - hotel well suited to a weekend getaway - especially recommend visiting the herb farm for dinner and staying over at the willows (dinner ends at about midnight)

Consistently Wonderful

by TripAdvisor Member tracyjane

My husband and I have stayed at Willows Lodge on a few different occasions. We have loved it each and every time. The staff is always friendly and helpful, the rooms are beautiful and cozy, and the food at both restaurants is amazing. It is just a fantastic atmosphere for relaxation. Ignore the negative reviews - I think sometimes people just like to hear themselves talk. This place is fantastic! A wonderful getaway, yet close to the city. You won't be disappointed.

Quaint and quintessential Northwest!

by TripAdvisor Member HL950

I grew up in Washington (now live in Southern California) and Willows Lodge was a perfect reminder to me of how fabulous Seattle is! We found our standard room to be comfortable, neat, and very cool! Yes, the rooms are a little dark, but isn't all of Seattle? :) I really can't think of anything to complain about other than the continental breakfasts were never adequately stocked and the set up was a litle messy (annoying). The service was fabulous...the Lodge offers free DVD rentals and has a great in-room bar stock. Gorgeous setting, great restaurants....I'll be back!

Perfect Cozy Retreat!

We made a last-minute change to our travel itinerary after experiencing an impersonal hotel in Seattle, so had not done much research on Willows before arriving. Boy were we glad we made the switch - Willows was amazing!

We arrived to a warm front desk welcome, an extremely helpful bellboy, and an immediate sense of relaxation. The hotel has evening wine tastings ("flights"), offered by the cozy fireplace in the bar area. We are not normally too "into" wine, but it really set the mood and was not too expensive.

The room was phenomenal. Large with vaulted cielings, a fireplace and balcony/porch, it was warm and comfy, yet stylish and functional at the same time. The perfect place to unwind and forget all your cares! We particularly liked the dimmer switches on every single light. The bathroom was clean with beautiful sinks and a temperature-controlled shower. In front of the soaking tub (large enough for two) were shutters that could be opened to enjoy the atmosphere of the room. One of the greatest features was the CD/DVD player... music and movies were on loan from the front desk. On top of it all, the bed was fluffy and gave a peaceful night's rest. The only improvement I can think of would be less harsh-smelling shampoos/soaps. They were luxury products but way too heavily scented for my taste.

A couple of recommendations: 1) The only rooms with real views are those overlooking the garden. 2) The only difference between the "nicer" and "nicest" rooms is that one has jets in the tub. We know because we switched rooms and they were exactly the same otherwise.

We were dissatisfied with one aspect, however. Because it was a holiday weekend, the hotel was fully booked and could not initially accomodate us for more than two nights. The night before our checkout, one staff member put us on the "wait list" for a room (incidentally, it took 30 minutes for that person to get the manager's attention to do so, during which time we were forced to stand around waiting... this alone did not make a good impression). The next morning, we overheard another guest requesting to be put on the "wait list". When we arrived back from breakfast we were incensed to find that the other guest had been granted a room, while our name remained on the "wait list". We were paying rack rate for the best available room, so the only explanation is that the hotel's system of waitlisting is flawed. Some major changes need to be made on the management level to account for this issue.

Apart from this our stay was perfect and restful, and we would go back in a heartbeat.

Not as nice as last year .......

This was a return visit for me, and I was really looking forward to it as I loved it the first time I stayed here last year. About 4 months before my arrival, I reserved a room with a computer on the second floor of the lodge facing the courtyard. The reservationist told me they had these rooms available. When I checked in they told me they did not have one of these rooms available, and that they do not guarantee room types. I ended up with an interior room on the first floor with no computer. This proved problematic as I had left my computer home since I was planning on having one in my room. Anyway, the shower was not clean and there were several hairs stuck to the shower wall that were not mine. Overall, this was a disappointing stay and I would not stay here again.

"concept" lighting a problem

The lighting is absurd. There are about 8 switches and they require a great deal of patience to operate. When they are turned on full blast, they are quite dim, which is fine if you are not reading. If you have poor eyesight, beware of the low lighting.
It can be romantic and peaceful if you plan on doing nothing and just bathing and lying down.

Also, I accidentally left wonderful,lovely, very, very expensive designer black trousers in the closet of the room I stayed in for 3 nights, and they could "never be found." I do very much believe that they were left there, as I noticed they were not in my bag when I got to the airport.

Other than this it was quite lovely and the restaurants are quite good. The Molton Brown soaps are v. nice as well. Washington wines are still so-so for the most part, but you can find some gems in the rough. Red Hook Brewery is next door. It is fun if you like going back to re-live your college days!

No adults work here

by TripAdvisor Member La_Rubita

The room had the right ammenties, but the actual space was weirdly clinical and poorly laid out. It was cold in the room, and the abundance of slate didn't help. The fireplace was pretty, but I couldn't get close enough to get warm without dragging over the hard-backed desk chair. It was so dark in the room that I had trouble typing on my keyboard (reading was out of the question anywhere except in bed). The kicker came when I burned myself brushing against a heated towel rack in the bathroom while turning off a light. The towel rack had some washcloths stapeled to it, suggesting someone had been burned before. ( I spent +60 nights in hotels in '05, this is not the first heated towel rack to cross my path). In the night my burn turned purple, blistered, and bled onto the sheets. This was an extreme case, but a leading hotel should have been able to deal, and the management was useless.

When I woke @7:30am, I asked to speak to a mangager, but none was scheduled to arrive until after I had to leave for a mtg @8:45am. I explained the situation and asked for help finding an urgent care clinic that could take walk-in patients, the front desk staff couldn't figure it out, even after I came back + 1 hr later! They showed me a phone book and said the place they called was closed Mondays. I asked to be moved to a different room and packed my 1 carry-on bag, saying they were free to move it to a new room. They asked me to write a note explaining my situation for the manager. After I left I used google, and the first hit treated my arm. I couldn't do this at the hotel because the wireless network wasn't working and nobody was around that could fix it. When I returned to the hotel at 6 pm, there was again no manager on site, and no one at the desk knew about my request to move rooms. I submitted my receipts for the Dr. visit/scrip. When I returned to the old room, they had disconnected the super-heated towel rack but the _bloody_ sheets were still on the bed and I had to call for housekeeping. The person thought I wanted turn down, and it took 45min + another call to get clean sheets. The next morning, same time, there was no manager, and the person at the desk seemed not to believe that I burned myself in the hotel and asked me to show him the burn. (?!!) I showed him my bandaged arm and he seemed surprised it was actually a problem (are you sure that happened here?). Again I packed my bag and asked to move. A manager called my cell that day to tell me she was "glad everything worked out" and offered to pay medical bills. I told her nothing had worked out and asked to move rooms and get some kind of compensation and she said she would "see what she could do" and told me to check at the desk when I returned. My 3rd night in the hotel, where I arrived at 7pm, no manager was on duty, I was told that I needed to request to change rooms earlier in the day, they had had them, but now they were full again. When I asked about compensation (I mentioned a free night, complimentary meal, bottle of wine, something) they said they would look into it and tell me in the morning. When I checked out the next morning the new desk staff had no idea what I was talking about and said that wasn't a possibility. Later I got in the mail a check for my med expenses and a coupon for a free night stay and dinner at the Herb Farm. I called and said I wanted to apply the credit to a night from my bill and a room service meal. No can do. "The coupon could only be used for future reservations." I told them that was useless as I had a horrible experience and never wanted to go there again. I left a message with the manager, but missed the retun call and haven't had time to follow up yet. Beware, no one who works at the desk can solve your problems. For a sympathetic smile and a bottle of wine from the hotel (+ med bill) I would ranked them neutral, but being met with open-mouthed disbelief and so many failed attempts to put things right is not acceptable for a hotel that charges as much as they do.

Although lovely in some ways, we left early

by TripAdvisor Member deirdrem

The lodge is quite lovely. Nice gardens and I enjoyed the large tub with a view of the fireplace and tv. Great for soaking and watching a movie borrowed from the front desk.

Our biggest problem was sleeping and the staff.
The mattress was not comfy and the light as air little comforter was all the blanket provided. We had a room on the first floor and the elephant in the room above us stomped until late in the night, then woke us up at five am. You could also hear people walking in the hall above in our room. I did ask for a room change and was offered an upstairs room. I had booked the "nicest" room and they offered to move to a "nicer" one (no jets in tub no heated towel rack main difference). They did offer the room change but didn't offer any apology or sympathy. They also said that I had gotten a deal on the web for the nicest room so I would be paying the same rate to be downgraded. I found the service very lacking. So we paid $75 to do an early checkout.

Oh, the lights, yep, pretty rediculous. I recall 13 dimmer switches, some in very hard to reach places. They have pumps for the shampoo etc, two of which didn't work. It's a beautiful place, but they need to do a management overhall.

Comments