401 E. Yakima Avenue, Yakima, WA, 98901
Expedia.com Travelocity Priceline.com

Costs 53% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Yakima

old railway station now a restaurantold railway station now a restaurant

Roadside view from I-82Roadside view from I-82

Along SR 821Along SR 821

Travel Tips for Yakima

Washington Cascades

by lonejay

Not far from Yakima are two Mountain Passes. Chinkook Pass and White Pass. My Favorite is Chinook Pass, great camping all the way up Hwy 410, open in the summer only. These two Passes run over to Mount Ranier National Park. Ounce over the summits the climat changes. you are out of the rain shadow that Yakima is in. There are luch forests with ferns and waterfall. It is allway a pleasure to ride my Harley over Chinook Pass and into Mt Ranier Park.

Elkmilk's new Yakima Page

by Elkmilk

"The Truth As Elkmilk See's It."

Yakima location is a great place to live if you like the outdoors. Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, and sking are all here. We are actually a high desert area. We have mountains and forest within an hours drive. I use to think that the winters suck but.... oh never mind...they still suck. I have noticed that most locals from Yakima inner thoughts pretty much stay here. It's like they know or have heard there is more to this world then this little valley but don't really believe they need to be concerned about it. I even heard comments about 911 like: (That doesn't have much to do with us.) They slowly woke up when they started sending our local boys to war. When I first moved here from Southern Calif. in 1976 I asked my friend what the people are like. He said they talk about the weather alot. Matter of fact, they say if you don't like the weather here you should wait ten minutes because it will surely change. He also told me that the women generally seem to have big....ahhhh....butts. Well at least compared to the beaches of Southern Calif. I have to admit that over the years I've come to understand why. It gets back to the weather. If you don't ski there is not much winter activity. Sorry girls, I'm just calling it the way I see the large picture. You know who you are. It's kind of sad. But, there is a great view of Mt. Adams and Rainier unless their covered by cloads or butts. Sorry, I'll get off the fat butt jokes. So if your passing threw we offer you a welcome, but as they told me, try and keep your stay short. Leave your money and keep your thoughts to yourself, and remember that we don't do that here.

Comments