1909 Harper Road, Beckley, West Virginia, 25801, United States

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Average

• jmpncsu's Profile Photo

Pet-Friendly Lodging in Beckley

My wife and I recently had to travel from NC to Ohio for a funeral in the winter. We also had to bring my mom's dog (standard poodle) up with us. Shortly after leaving NC, it began to snow. I-77 through Virginia and West Virginia was really treacherous and we decided to get off the road in Beckley, hoping to find a place to stay that would allow the dog. We ended up staying at the Econo Lodge, less than a mile of the interstate. I almost never just stop at a hotel without reservations, but the whole trip was unplanned and urgent, and we needed to stop for the night. Overall, our experience was pretty good. It's a motel, so we weren't expecting any great amenities - just a warm place to get out of the snow, get a good night's sleep, and would allow the dog. And the Econo Lodge met our needs. The rooms are dated looking, but clean enough (I checked for bedbugs, and no obvious filth). The beds were surprisingly comfortable with a king bed having more than enough room for my wife and I and the dog. There was adequate warm water for us to take showers and they had a safe, refrigerator, and microwave in the room. And despite the heavy snowfall, the parking lot was plowed by the time we were ready to leave in the morning. The man who checked us into the room wasn't particularly friendly, but the woman at the front desk when we checked out was very friendly and nice.

Unique Quality: Hotel allows pets without charging a pet fee.

Directions: On Harper Road, just half a mile east of I-77